HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Closed Thread

Old Posted May 9, 2019, 2:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaamazarite View Post

In other news, the small 5-year-old retail building at 40th and Sansom just sold for $6.1 Million to the developer of the Dalian on the Park. There's no way the rents in those spaces justify that price so expect to hear something soon about that one.

That was one of the more bizarre projects of the last 10 years. Even back then I was really surprised that the project didn't include any residential.

Old Posted May 9, 2019, 4:42 PM
Midrise

Quote:
The site is going to be larger than people think. A demo permit got pulled by the same contractor for 1105 Walnut. I predict someone will call it "handsome" when its getting taken down.
Funny thing, there was an application to demolish 1105 Walnut for a private parking lot in 1956 (apparently for use by the property at 1107, per the applicant's address). Somehow it dodged the bullet that time.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/lni-zoning-pdfs/219-374392.pdf

Old Posted May 9, 2019, 4:54 PM

Quote:
It's not a lot more sf but since it reaches back quite a ways it helps them for the open space requirement IF they are building 5 stories or less, which is what a developer who doesn't want to get into expensive construction would do-- when it comes to a retail developer delving into residential, that's what I expect. The NYPD guys own both of the buildings to the north and I don't see them selling-- they've put a lot of work into both buildings in the last few years.

In other news, the small 5-year-old retail building at 40th and Sansom just sold for $6.1 Million to the developer of the Dalian on the Park. There's no way the rents in those spaces justify that price so expect to hear something soon about that one.
God... if that and the McDonalds can both go we could get something pretty tall there. It's not like it wouldn't be supported between all the demand for student housing in the area, and the subway stop nearby.

Old Posted May 9, 2019, 5:01 PM
Sky Wizard

if mayor kenny pushes his wendys agenda then we're just going to get more blacks eating fast food and the public school crisis will only get worse from here. tired of money being stolen from my hard earned pay check by the city's corrup[t wage tax.

Old Posted May 9, 2019, 5:30 PM

^And this guy is banned in 3...2...1...

Old Posted May 9, 2019, 5:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyskyscraperbro9 View Post
if mayor kenny pushes his wendys agenda then we're just going to get more blacks eating fast food and the public school crisis will only get worse from here. tired of money being stolen from my hard earned pay check by the city's corrup[t wage tax.
Is Kenney doing something with fast food?

Also it just occurred to me while walking home yesterday: The building that was demolished in front of the new PA Ballet headquarters is still sitting as a dirt lot.

I hypothesize that since CVS is putting a location in at the new construction on the corner of Broad and Spring Garden they have abandoned their plans for the lot in front of PA Ballet, therefore that cool building was demo'd for nothing.

Old Posted May 9, 2019, 6:03 PM
Cory Trevor Leahy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsule F View Post
Is Kenney doing something with fast food?

Also it just occurred to me while walking home yesterday: The building that was demolished in front of the new PA Ballet headquarters is still sitting as a dirt lot.

I hypothesize that since CVS is putting a location in at the new construction on the corner of Broad and Spring Garden they have abandoned their plans for the lot in front of PA Ballet, therefore that cool building was demo'd for nothing.
PA Ballet is putting a five story building there

Old Posted May 9, 2019, 6:42 PM
Cory Trevor Leahy

New stuff:

614 N Front 9 floors 25 units

1701 Race 7 floors 28 units

4537 Wayne Ave 35 units

1924 E Hagert 147 units-- pictured here with another proposal, 1929 E York

New Construction permit has FINALLY been pulled for 4224 Baltimore which will be sure to anger some local nutbags. Six stories, 132 units.

Old Posted May 9, 2019, 6:58 PM
Philly Rising Up!

Quote:
New stuff:

614 N Front 9 floors 25 units

4537 Wayne Ave 35 units

1924 E Hagert 147 units-- pictured here with another proposal, 1929 E York

New Construction permit has FINALLY been pulled for 4224 Baltimore which will be sure to anger some local nutbags. Six stories, 132 units.
So, does this mean the 4224 Baltimore project is a go? Shovels in the ground soon kind of thing.

Old Posted May 9, 2019, 7:11 PM
Cory Trevor Leahy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartphilly View Post
So, does this mean the 4224 Baltimore project is a go? Shovels in the ground soon kind of thing.
I hope so-- the permit is the of type ANC-Entire Structure. This is the first actual construction permit since the owners bought the property 11 years ago and 4 years since they got zoning approvals.

Old Posted May 9, 2019, 7:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawnadelphia View Post
^And this guy is banned in 3...2...1...
I would hope that is a troll/joke post, but maybe not...

Old Posted May 9, 2019, 7:28 PM

Quote:
Just a reminder of what this thing looks like:

Old Posted May 9, 2019, 7:38 PM

Quote:
New stuff:

Isn't this part of the Cathedral Square site? ie the parking lot on the NW corner of 17th & Race?

Old Posted May 9, 2019, 7:39 PM

The townhomes on Venice Island in Manayunk are coming along. I rode by today on the train so I could not get a picture, but I think there are two buildings pretty much up. Their website (https://www.thelocksphilly.com/) indicates they are 25% sold

Old Posted May 9, 2019, 7:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtownFriend View Post
Isn't this part of the Cathedral Square site? ie the parking lot on the NW corner of 17th & Race?
This was my understanding as well.

Old Posted May 9, 2019, 7:51 PM

^ I went back and looked at the conceptual plans and this would not appear to fit at all. The plans call for a podium that stretches from there to the site of the current Chancery tower. Is the Archdiocese trying to make a quick buck on that corner? Not sure whether the zoning would cause them not to build something taller.

Old Posted May 9, 2019, 8:00 PM
Cory Trevor Leahy

Re: 17th and Race

Sorry folks, got it all wrong. 1700-06 Race St, not 1701. It will be 17 stories, not 7. Still 28 units.

Old Posted May 9, 2019, 8:06 PM

Quote:

Sorry folks, got it all wrong. 1700-06 Race St, not 1701. It will be 17 stories, not 7. Still 28 units.
That's a highrise! When will we get renderings?

Old Posted May 9, 2019, 8:09 PM

Quote:

First off, thanks for all your updates!

This makes a bit more sense. However, there are some nice, apparently well maintained four story brownstones there. On the otherhand 17 stories is a new highrise. Any details on this. Seems like something higher end?

Old Posted May 9, 2019, 8:23 PM
Cory Trevor Leahy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtownFriend View Post
First off, thanks for all your updates!

This makes a bit more sense. However, there are some nice, apparently well maintained four story brownstones there. On the otherhand 17 stories is a new highrise. Any details on this. Seems like something higher end?
I know nothing other than what's planned. The lots are still owned by a semi-defunct real estate brokerage-- I doubt they are the developers though one of their former agents is a developer of some smaller high-end developments now. It's probably under contract with whomever pulled that permit.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development