HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Aug 5, 2013, 11:32 PM
heavy user of walkability

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCowboy View Post
Here's the project page for 2290 Third from architects Build Inc. ...
I swear socketsite reads us

Old Posted Aug 6, 2013, 3:26 AM
Build Baby Build

They'd be crazy not to.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2013, 4:32 AM

from last weekend...

sidewalks continue to proliferate, this one on the east side of block 12 along El Dorado, across from the future dog run P5, which currently hosts some new construction trailers. looking north:

the epicenter of activity around the east end of Long Bridge St:

more of the brick and other skin slipping out of its veil on the eastern section of block 2:

it's a little hard to see in the photo, but looks like the glass is going in around the base of the public safety building:

here is the new UCSF building on block 25:

Old Posted Aug 8, 2013, 6:32 AM

noticed a new sign on the fence of the Daggett Place lot that says 'new apartments coming in 2016'

Old Posted Aug 8, 2013, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbad View Post
noticed a new sign on the fence of the Daggett Place lot that says 'new apartments coming in 2016'
Good news. I've been wondering what's up with this project. Hopefully, we see some movement soon.

Also, thanks again for the photos.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2013, 2:11 AM
Philly -> Osaka -> Tokyo

Does anybody have a current/updated map of which Mission Bay projects are completed, which ones are under construction, and which ones are proposed (with timeframes)? It would help us out-of-towners trying to follow along on this thread. kthxbye

Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)

Old Posted Aug 12, 2013, 10:35 AM

I poked around for an updated construction map but haven't found one yet...

a couple updates from today...

although pile-driving continues on the east side of the lot, the base for the construction crane has also recently been installed on block 13W. this is looking northeast with Long Bridge St on the right:

not sure if we knew this already, but block 13W is apparently to be called Sol:

... and here is a better look at the glass going in at the public safety building:

Old Posted Aug 18, 2013, 4:23 AM

a quick update... pile-driving is finally finished on block 13W ('Sol'), and what looks like new pile-driving equipment was moved onto block 12E, which has been in pause for maybe a couple months since test piles went in.

not much else newsworthy... the glass is going in pretty fast at the public safety building - a couple days ago it looked like another story was complete. maybe will get a pic tomorrow.

in the meantime, a token pic. MB Blvd South recently got new curbs on its first block west of Fourth St. this is looking east:

Old Posted Aug 19, 2013, 5:55 AM

Quote:
... the glass is going in pretty fast at the public safety building - a couple days ago it looked like another story was complete. maybe will get a pic tomorrow.
and thar she blows:

and as seen from the north:

and here's another look at block 2 East peeking through, in better light than the last shot of it. the brick is definitely 'faux', but so far from what I can see it looks all right to me:

since it's a slow news day, here is the Illinois side of 2121 Third:

next door, on the parcel that I think extends all the way from Third to Illinois along 19th St, today I noticed something seemed to be missing, and there was a little pile of rubble, but I couldn't place what might have been demolished. I'm pretty sure I recently read about development plans for this parcel, but I'm not sure where. anyway, this is the corner of Illinois and 19th (with 2121 Third in the background) - might be nothing, but I'll keep my eye on it

Last edited by timbad; Aug 19, 2013 at 6:06 AM.

Old Posted Aug 25, 2013, 8:45 PM
Surrounded by Nature

The Public Safety Building has become quite noticeable.

[IMG]
_MG_4934 by viewguysf, on Flickr[/IMG]

Old Posted Aug 26, 2013, 8:08 PM

one new thing I noticed in my brief (brief since I am recovering from a cold) walkabout this weekend was that there was some heavy equipment apparently working on the area around future block 18 where some months back they had dug up the pavement and installed wicks to help consolidate the soil in prep for later construction. so maybe the wicks have done their job. this is looking SE down the remnant of what used to be Sixth St:

but the main development I noticed is that many of the new streets are getting their streetlights - tall version for Long Bridge St, short version for all others. here is China Basin St as an example, where they were still doing open dirt surgery on the sidewalk, maybe to implant the electric stuff:

a few shots looking NE along Long Bridge St, first from its far western end, with block 11 on the right and the piles of block 12E on the left (and new streetlights in the distance):

moving forward, now at the corner of Long Bridge and China Basin, with P6 (children's park) on the right and P5 (dog run) on the left:

and moving ever forward, a closer-up view of the epicenter of construction near the intersection with Fourth:

I mentioned last week that pile-driving was done on block 13W. this is what that parcel looks like now, looking NE, with rebar going in on the western half (foreground), and shallow excavation starting on the eastern portion (not very visible in the background), with block 13E rising behind:

a couple shots of Fourth itself, looking north, first from in front of block 3, showing mainly block 13E:

and from further back, in front of Strata. with the second floor of block 5 becoming visible, a long stretch of Fourth is now feeling 'framed'.

now jumping around a bit, here is the public safety building as glimpsed from Fourth and Mission Rock streets (Strata on right):

the brick skin of the eastern portion of block 2 is now starting to show on its south side:

the UCSF block 25 building seems to be rising quickly:

here is the Third St side of 2121 Third:

here is what Channel St looks like these days, looking NE. so far I am liking the massing of 13E, seems to be lots of variation over the whole form (some of that may just be that they are not done with certain parts). just hope the skin ends up looking good:

and here as it appears from across the Creek:

edit: whoa, curbedSF was seven minutes behind me

Last edited by timbad; Aug 27, 2013 at 8:08 AM. Reason: curbedsf link

Old Posted Aug 30, 2013, 8:07 PM

Old Posted Aug 31, 2013, 6:42 PM

The winners for the design for the removal of Highway 280 north of 16th Street have been announced:

http://www.cadsf.org/seed/280-freewa...ition-winners/

Old Posted Aug 31, 2013, 7:09 PM
Surrounded by Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potrero View Post
The winners for the design for the removal of Highway 280 north of 16th Street have been announced:

http://www.cadsf.org/seed/280-freewa...ition-winners/
Cool! I would so love to see a park built on at least part of it!

Old Posted Sep 3, 2013, 4:34 AM
Surrounded by Nature

Mission Bay is looking much more symmetrical now; I took this from my deck this evening (Labor Day).

[IMG]
Mission Bay under Oakland by viewguysf, on Flickr[/IMG]

Old Posted Sep 6, 2013, 2:33 AM

Cisco taking another 67,000 sf at 500 Terry Francois...they now have 60% of the building, with the remainder still vacant.

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranci...ssion-bay.html

Old Posted Sep 13, 2013, 4:36 AM

new crane

the crane for block 13W ('Sol') was going up this morning. you'll have to take my word for it - flickr is down at the moment, otherwise there would be photographic evidence accompanying this

Old Posted Sep 13, 2013, 7:04 AM

Thanks for all the pics timbad. Might as well post some renderings of block 13:

http://www.nibbi.com/projects/mission-bay-block-13/

Boring. But hey, more housing is always good.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2013, 6:46 PM

Quote:
the crane for block 13W ('Sol') was going up this morning. you'll have to take my word for it - flickr is down at the moment...
OK, for all the skeptics out there this was the scene Thurs morning, as seen from 5th and Berry

while it's not the most exciting project in the world, at least it will block out the view of the Bayer/Nektar building!

Old Posted Sep 16, 2013, 7:08 AM

a few random updates...

more sidewalks! here looking west down China Basin St, with block 5 on the right:

more streetbeds! looking west down MB Blvd South, with the future Commons on the right:

Mercy Housing at 4th and Channel (block 13E):

public safety building:

south side of block 2:

here is the view west down the alley that separates blocks 2 (on the right) and 3. can't see well in the shot, but block 3 surface materials are also becoming visible along the alley, and look good so far. will try to get a shot soon:

and here is the new crane fully raised (with pile-driving equipment on block 12E visible on the right):

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development