HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Diagrams & Database > Building Requests & Database Corrections > Completed Requests

Old Posted Sep 6, 2004, 6:30 PM

Exclamation Building address correction in Vancouver BC

Hey guys,

In the diagram URL for Vancouver, BC, Canada you've listed "The Bentley" at 72.0m and directly to the right of that "1001 Homer" at 71.9m. "1001 Homer" is actually the address of "The Bentley" - 1001 Homer St.

Further, you've got the number of floors listed as 24. However, there are 2 penthouses, north and south facing, with suite numbers of 2501 and 2502. Unless you are discounting a missing 13th floor, ie. numbering this floor 14 to avoid bad luck - which I suppose may be the case - the numbers of floors should be 25. I'm not sure if this is practised anymore, however, as the building next to The Bentley construction site, "Domus" at 1055 Homer St., is currently listed in your diagram URL as 27 stories, does indeed indicate a 13th floor on the elevator panel.

Last, will you be updating the drawings of the Vancouver site soon?

Thanks guys, your site is absolutely fantastic for fans of scrycrapers! I just blew the budget and bought the new Phaidon Atlas of Contemporary World Architecture and I highly recommend it. . .

Old Posted Sep 7, 2004, 5:15 AM

the buildings are drawn by regular forumers. feel free to try it yourself in ms paint or photoshop or whatever you prefer - and then upload them. there's quite a few that don't have drawings or have old drawings.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2004, 11:43 PM

I've updated The Bentley:

http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?buildingID=19496

and deleted the entry listed as 1001 Homer Street.

Sorry it took so long!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Diagrams & Database > Building Requests & Database Corrections > Completed Requests