HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture

Old Posted Jun 22, 2023, 1:18 AM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2023, 2:59 AM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2023, 2:01 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Sep 20, 2023, 1:42 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Oct 13, 2023, 11:01 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Oct 18, 2023, 12:41 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Jan 19, 2024, 2:25 AM
New Yorker for life

https://therealdeal.com/new-york/202...extell-record/

Central Park Tower PH in contract for over $100M in Extell record
Deal marks developer’s “most expensive residence” ever sold: Gary Barnett

https://nypost.com/2024/01/18/real-e...nyc-penthouse/

A mystery buyer is paying more than $100M for this NYC penthouse on Billionaires’ Row

By Hannah Frishberg
Jan. 18, 2024

Quote:
An anonymous, deep-pocketed buyer is shelling out a cool nine digits for a prime duplex on Manhattan’s Billionaires’ Row.

The glam spread at Extell Development’s Central Park Tower has entered contract for north of $100 million, the Wall Street Journal first reported on Wednesday.

Located at 217 W. 57th St., the unit consumes the 107th and 108th floors — and boasts 30-foot high ceilings, sweeping views of Central Park, two terraces, seven bedrooms and more than 12,500 square feet of space.

It initially listed last year for $175 million, a price tag that was recently cut to $149.5 million.

The unidentified buyer paid significantly less than that last ask, but “quite a bit” more than $100 million, Extell Development chairman Gary Barnett told the Journal, declining to reveal the buyer but noting, “It’s the most expensive residence we’ve ever sold.”
Quote:
Once it goes through, the Central Park Tower purchase will mark New York City’s first sale of more than $100 million in more than a year.

The last one was in 2022, when Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen got $101 million for two Upper East Side units — and before that in 2021, when hedge funder Daniel Och got nearly $190 million for his 220 Central Park South penthouse in one of the biggest residential deals ever recorded in New York.

Still, this forthcoming transaction is miles away from billionaire Ken Griffin’s record-setting 2019 purchase of a Billionaire’s Row abode at nearby 220 Central Park South for approximately $238 million, the most ever paid for a home in the US.

Central Park Tower is also home to an even more high-gloss penthouse that listed for sale in late 2022 for a sky-high $250 million. A sale at that price would have eclipsed Griffin’s record. However, similar to this now-in-contract home, that crown jewel lowered its stratospheric ask to a still-high $195 million a year later.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2024, 4:15 AM

That’s over $9k/sf. That’s a pretty impressive figure.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2024, 3:19 PM

I'll never understand what the fascination is with " views of central park" , the park looks like a large lawn with a few hills and trees from 105 floors up, if I'm going to spend a 100 million I wanna see a never-ending sea of skyscrapers when I look out my window (king of the world)

Last edited by mr.John; Jan 19, 2024 at 3:39 PM.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2024, 5:44 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.John View Post
I'll never understand what the fascination is with " views of central park" , the park looks like a large lawn with a few hills and trees from 105 floors up, if I'm going to spend a 100 million I wanna see a never-ending sea of skyscrapers when I look out my window (king of the world)
pretty, pretty sure there are more windows and they get those common city views as well.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture