HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Oct 31, 2018, 8:23 PM
Rising into view

A few weeks ago I said I'd go to the new Arizona Center, but I got lazy and visited Flag and Sedona to see the pretty leaves. But now I am back and visited yesterday with my camera.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2018, 11:11 PM

Colliers 25-story apartments a go!

https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/...coming-to.html

To break ground in first quarter of 2019. Great news. Rendering looks exactly like the Link.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2018, 11:29 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXFlyer11 View Post

To break ground in first quarter of 2019. Great news. Rendering looks exactly like the Link.
Great news! Did the article post the height on this? Looks around 300'.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2018, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieFoos View Post
Great news! Did the article post the height on this? Looks around 300'.
No height disclosure:

Quote:
Hines, an international real estate firm, is moving forward with plans to build a 25-story, 379-unit luxury apartment complex in downtown Phoenix.

A general contractor has not yet been finalized, but SmithGroup has been named as the architect for the 480,000-square-foot structure. Construction is expected to begin during the first quarter of 2019 on 1.5 acres at the northwest corner of Jefferson and Third streets, near the Collier Center and Talking Stick Resort Arena. It is expected to be completed by the fourth quarter of 2020.

While officials with Houston-based Hines officials would not disclose total development costs for the project, sources say it could cost more than $125 million to build such a project.

Plans call for an outdoor junior Olympic-size swimming pool, a 2,800-square-foot fitness center, indoor great room with private and group seating, private conference areas and a community kitchen.

Also on the second floor, overlooking Third Street, will be elevated outdoor courtyards with a kitchen, firepits with group and private seating and landscaped gardens. Directly next to the main lobby on the street level will be a dog spa, bike storage, a coffee bar and a concierge service. In addition, the building is expected to have approximately 4,500 square feet of retail or restaurant space on the street level at the corner of Jefferson Street and Third Street.

Featuring floor-to-ceiling windows, the project will include 75 studio apartments, 179 one-bedroom units and 125 two-bedroom units. Price ranges have not been finalized.

Three levels of underground parking currently exist at the site to be used for resident parking. Hines will renovate 10,000 square feet of existing office space and lease it.

The units are among more than 5,700 being planned for the downtown Phoenix area, including a $140 million project by High Street Residential, a $132 million project by Toll Brothers and proposed apartments and student housing at Central Station transit depot.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2018, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXFlyer11 View Post

Can you post the story? It is behind a paywall.

EDIT: Someone posted the story as I was typing this. So are these apartments replacing the condos Hines was originally planning for at the Colliers Center?

Old Posted Nov 1, 2018, 12:32 AM

Awesome news!

So that’s going to be this tower, Kinnect, Palm Court tower and hopefully Link 2nd tower going up around the same time!

Last edited by ASU Diablo; Nov 1, 2018 at 12:52 AM.

Old Posted Nov 1, 2018, 12:49 AM

The good news about this building, is that with the parking already in place, once it starts it will go vertical fast.

Old Posted Nov 1, 2018, 6:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASU Diablo View Post
Awesome news!

So that’s going to be this tower, Kinnect, Palm Court tower and hopefully Link 2nd tower going up around the same time!
Allegedly the hotel and Link tower 2 as well shoudl be beginging soon.

Old Posted Nov 1, 2018, 7:26 PM
Modulator

AZ Central article to hash over. Discusses topics about sprawl, the future, the recession and the need for communities such as Avondale to re-think their development strategies. Nice read.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...on/1416004002/

Old Posted Nov 1, 2018, 7:48 PM

Quote:
AZ Central article to hash over. Discusses topics about sprawl, the future, the recession and the need for communities such as Avondale to re-think their development strategies. Nice read.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...on/1416004002/
With the 303 recently finished, Northern Parkway nearly complete, the 202 and in a few years the 30 running into downtown I think youll see the west, especially SW pat of the valley get an enormous amount of suburban development in the next 2 decades.

As it is now the east valley is pretty filled out unless you are someone living WAAAAY out but there are areas of leveen like 4 miles from downtown that are still open farm fields.

Old Posted Nov 1, 2018, 8:40 PM
Modulator

It's already starting to show in Laveen as the 202 gets built. I know of at least 3 former agricultural fields bordering the Gila Reservation that are already getting developed or getting ready for development. All single family of course.

Old Posted Nov 1, 2018, 8:50 PM

Quote:
It's already starting to show in Laveen as the 202 gets built. I know of at least 3 former agricultural fields bordering the Gila Reservation that are already getting developed or getting ready for development. All single family of course.
Im Fine with suburban development in suburban places

Old Posted Nov 2, 2018, 1:18 AM

https://www.azcentral.com/story/ente...ng/1835164002/

More coverage on the Rose and Crown leaving Heritage Square. Just more speculation on where they will relocate but it sounds like they have a few options, including one still in downtown.

Also, I’m impressed how quickly the vacancy has been filled. A place called Hidden Kitchen is moving in.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2018, 8:34 PM

Colliers

https://azbigmedia.com/hines-will-bu...ntown-phoenix/

Going all out on the Press Releases, I think we should make a thread for it:

Quote:
Hines, the international real estate firm, announced plans to build a 25-story, 379-unit luxury multifamily complex in downtown Phoenix. Located near Talking Stick Resort Arena, home of the Phoenix Suns, the development will be the firm’s first multifamily project in the Phoenix area. Hines has completed the purchase of a 1.5-acre site and received zoning approval from the City of Phoenix. Hines represented itself in the transaction and Jim Fijan at Fijan Advisors, LLC, represented the seller. Construction of the 480,000-square-foot building is expected to commence in the first quarter of 2019 and finish in the fourth quarter of 2020.
The View heading Eastbound on Jefferson will look great with the stair stepping buildings that are also fanning out across the street with the curve out by the convention center.

this also leads me into thinking they might be serious about redeveloping the south convention center which would be HUGE, hopefully they cut that block into 3 or 4 blocks and have multiple towers, maybe even some decent sized office buildings?

Old Posted Nov 2, 2018, 9:51 PM

Done

Old Posted Nov 3, 2018, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
The View heading Eastbound on Jefferson will look great with the stair stepping buildings that are also fanning out across the street with the curve out by the convention center.

Will get even better if the Suns+Phoenix can get on the same page about the 450MM arena renovation!

Old Posted Nov 3, 2018, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawd View Post
Will get even better if the Suns+Phoenix can get on the same page about the 450MM arena renovation!
Yes please!

Old Posted Nov 3, 2018, 3:54 AM
Chase M

The city of Phoenix just posted this video today, at the 0:53 mark you can see how the current Central Station proposal will impact the skyline. Then you can see a better rendering of Barristers crown/top floors at the 3:20 mark!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0MmhVpmgZY&t=139s

Last edited by ChaseM; Nov 3, 2018 at 4:18 AM. Reason: Video not playing!

Old Posted Nov 3, 2018, 5:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseM View Post
The city of Phoenix just posted this video today, at the 0:53 mark you can see how the current Central Station proposal will impact the skyline. Then you can see a better rendering of Barristers crown/top floors at the 3:20 mark!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0MmhVpmgZY&t=139s
Something I noticed:

I couldn’t figure out where I was looking at at 0:30 but the mural on the right appears to be the same one on the Western wall of Monorchid. So I wonder if this is the R02 development where there is currently the park. I don’t think we’ve seen plans for the housing around the Knipe House lot yet but last I heard it 4-5 stories.

And then at 2:45, it looks like the Knipe House but with an added dormer. Which means this must be the R02 development again.

Comparing the two shots, it’s hard to judge if these are just rough renderings or closer to the final thing.

Good video overall, covering the new developments around downtown. Like the new rendering of Block 23 as well!

Old Posted Nov 4, 2018, 7:56 AM

Anyone know where you can get a good updated skyline pic of Phoenix. It seems like everywhere I look online are pics of the skyline from line 5 or 10 years ago. I just want want a nice updated picture for my living room and it's impossible to find.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest