HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Jul 26, 2010, 8:30 AM
The Time To Build Is Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyscrapersOfNewYork View Post
took these from inside the yards about a month ago.
How did you get access to the yards, as well as the WTC site from your other set of photos from the 1WTC thread?

Old Posted Jul 26, 2010, 1:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC4Life View Post
How did you get access to the yards, as well as the WTC site from your other set of photos from the 1WTC thread?
well i have a friend who works for the LIRR in the yards and that day we were at Penn station and he had forgotten his phone there so we took a ride over and he let me look around. as for my recent trade center pics i never was inside it just looks that way since i was right in between the deutsche bank building and the world center hotel.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2010, 3:06 AM

guys seriously we gotta cver this better...drilling was going on yesterday...and whats looks like to be foundation work...

extell site

the site on 37th st to 38th and 10th ave....the Javits hotel i think

Old Posted Aug 1, 2010, 7:56 AM
Mortaaaaaaaaar!

Nice pics. Since that excavation is round, I wonder if it has something to do with the 7 extension.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2010, 9:00 PM

i think the 7 line completion has sparked this

Old Posted Aug 3, 2010, 6:24 PM

though can someone explain the drilling?

Old Posted Aug 5, 2010, 6:24 PM
The Time To Build Is Now

Looks like the Chicago Spire site. There is something going on here for sure, but it could just be work related to the 7 line extension.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2010, 6:18 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalziand View Post
Nice pics. Since that excavation is round, I wonder if it has something to do with the 7 extension.
That's exactly what it is. There was a show on Discovery, when I return home, I'll look it up. Anyway, it's the key that will get these towers moving on the west side. Great pics...

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2010, 6:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
That's exactly what it is. There was a show on Discovery, when I return home, I'll look it up. Anyway, it's the key that will get these towers moving on the west side. Great pics...
thank God for that! and thanks NYguy ill post some more tomorrow,by the way come home quick im starting to miss you

Old Posted Aug 7, 2010, 6:25 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
thank God for that! and thanks NYguy ill post some more tomorrow,by the way come home quick im starting to miss you
LOL, well Im back in a couple of days.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2010, 4:05 PM

First post, anyways saw this a few days ago, and looked for this update but didn't see it. From the WSJ.

(Full article on page 11 - post 213)

Last edited by NYguy; Aug 20, 2010 at 2:47 PM.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2010, 3:50 AM

Quote:
Extell loses West Side development to Barclays

(The Real Deal) -- Extell Development lost a major West Side development site it assembled for at least $44 million to its lender last week. This may be the first time ever that Extell, one of the city's most prominent builders, has lost a property through a deed in lieu of foreclosure. Gary Barnett's Extell gave up the parcel near Hudson Yards at 356-366 10th Avenue, priced just over the first mortgage value of $28.8 million, to its lender Barclays Capital Real Estate. Extell turned over the site, between 30th and 31st streets, to Barclays Aug. 11 after an unidentified European partner refused to keep funding the project.
http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article...ATE/100819846#

Buildings Over 200 Meters 62 Completed 20 Under Construction 50 Proposed 0 On Hold

Old Posted Aug 20, 2010, 2:43 PM
New Yorker for life

^ Yeah, I noticed that also, though I thought Extell had given up the site previously. The thread for that proposed tower was recently moved into never built, where it will rest for eternity...

Old Posted Aug 21, 2010, 4:08 AM

Quote:
^ Yeah, I noticed that also, though I thought Extell had given up the site previously. The thread for that proposed tower was recently moved into never built, where it will rest for eternity...
so in your opinion can we expect a supertall or not?

Buildings Over 200 Meters 62 Completed 20 Under Construction 50 Proposed 0 On Hold

Old Posted Aug 21, 2010, 4:51 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
so in your opinion can we expect a supertall or not?
There was never a supertall proposed there, and I wouldn't expect one with the zoning and the site being what it is. Here's the original thread...
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=131931

Old Posted Aug 21, 2010, 5:04 AM

Quote:
There was never a supertall proposed there, and I wouldn't expect one with the zoning and the site being what it is. Here's the original thread...
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=131931
o that site! for some reason i mixed it up with the WPC

Old Posted Sep 1, 2010, 1:40 AM
New Yorker for life

http://www.observer.com/2010/politic...ide-rail-yards

Related Cos. Moves Closer to Paying Rent on West Side Rail Yards

By Eliot Brown
August 31, 2010

Quote:
One down, two to go.

The Related Cos. is a bit closer to paying rent on the West Side rail yards—valued at about $1 billion over the course of its 99-year lease with the M.T.A.

The commercial Architecture Billings Index has, for three months now, been slightly over 50 (it was 50.4 in July). Scores above 50 mean that billings increased month-over-month. Based on Related's deal with the M.T.A. for the development rights on the 26-acre site, Related must close on the deal and begin paying rent once three economic triggers are hit: the ABI must reach at least 50; the midtown office availability rate must be at or below 11 percent; and the average Manhattan co-op and condo sales price must pass $1,200 per square foot (this last trigger is slightly more complex).

Of course, all of these must be triggered at the same time, and, given the volatility of the economy, the ABI could fall below 50 once again.

As for the other indicators, there's a bit of breathing room for Related: CB Richard Ellis put the midtown availability rate for August at 13.5 percent (it's on the way down—it was 15.2 percent a year earlier), and Miller Samuel put the average Manhattan co-op and condos sales price for the second quarter of the year at $1,051 a foot.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2010, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Bloomberg Deputy's Legacy, From Yankee Stadium To Hudson Yards

Hudson Yards
The Plan: Doctoroff first concocted plans for a redevelopment of the airspace above and land surrounding the rail yards west of Penn Station in 1999, when he was still running NYC2012. The plan for a combined Jets and Olympic stadium fell apart after state Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver, using his veto power as a member of the Public Authorities Control Board, blocked it in June 2005. But rezoning of the site lived on, as did a city-funded $2.1 billion project to extend the 7 train to 33rd Street and 11th Avenue.
What Happened: The 7 extension is on schedule to open in 2013, but for now it will still lead riders to a giant hole in the ground because the above-ground redevelopment is in limbo. After several years of disarray—original developer Tishman Speyer and anchor tenant Goldman Sachs both dropped out—this May the Related Companies, run by Doctoroff's old real estate business partner Stephen Ross, signed a 99-year lease with the MTA for the 26-acre railyard site for $1 billion, though it won't have to pay up (or begin construction) until the real estate market improves. (Running the project for Ross: Jay Cross, formerly in charge of the Jets' stadium push.) The city, meanwhile, has run through most of the payments by real estate developers slated to pay for the subway line and other infrastructure, and is facing nearly $100 million a year in debt payments on the project starting in 2011.
http://www.citylimits.org/news/artic...o-hudson-yards

Old Posted Sep 2, 2010, 9:17 PM

Those are some great pics. Thanks for the link also.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2010, 1:58 AM
King

can someone explain to me exactly what the situation is (what plan, status, ect.)

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development