HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Feb 9, 2014, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
If you think Oak Park is stagnating, you must not have realized where they started. There's been a huge amount of development there... the skyline is totally changed, the pedestrian malls have been removed, new public buildings have been constructed.

Lots of new buildings and proposals.

src
^ Is this proposal still active?

Also, what ever happened to that 50 story high rise (kind of resembled the Legacy) that was proposed for Evanston a few years ago? I'm guessing it's completely dead by now but I remember that the plans were altered and resubmitted but haven't heard anything about it since then...

Old Posted Feb 9, 2014, 3:37 PM
MPLSXCHI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownCity View Post
^ Is this proposal still active?

Also, what ever happened to that 50 story high rise (kind of resembled the Legacy) that was proposed for Evanston a few years ago? I'm guessing it's completely dead by now but I remember that the plans were altered and resubmitted but haven't heard anything about it since then...
Yes, the proposal is still active, but the developer is having a hard time getting it together.
http://oakpark.suntimes.com/news/lak...312013:article

Old Posted Feb 9, 2014, 10:49 PM
devout Pizzatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownCity View Post

it's dead. Last fall the developers applied for a 3 year extension on the approval, but evanston's city council has turned a lot more NIMBY than when the project was first approved 5 years ago, so the extension was denied and the developers have since walked away.

you can read the entire 17 page saga of evanston's now-dead fountain square tower in the following thread: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=166005

Old Posted Feb 10, 2014, 12:15 AM
Chicago Kid

Glen Ellyn was only mentined one time indirectly in this thread. I've grown up in the Chicago suburbs and been to all the downtowns. This one is the best by far to me and has the most New England charm.

I love that no one talks about it and its off everyones radar yet it is still so close to the city and nearby Oakbrook/Schaumburg/Naperville.

Perfect suburb. Best in Chicagoland.

If I had to put a #2 it would probably be Geneva or of course a North Shore one. I tend to weigh against the North Shore suburbs in favor of the quieter Western Suburbs.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development