HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction

10 Halletts Point South Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jul 14, 2017, 5:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan31 View Post
Unfortunately, it seems like only the hallets point project is going forward, the astoria cove one has been cancelled after delays due to the local community's pushback - ridiculous. I wonder how many exciting projects have been killed by local community boards...
Not true. Astoria Cove was approved, and is moving forward.

NYC community boards have zero decisionmaking power on land-use projects, BTW.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2017, 6:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
Not true. Astoria Cove was approved, and is moving forward.

NYC community boards have zero decisionmaking power on land-use projects, BTW.
Astoria Cove developer looks to sell Queens megaproject site for $350M
https://ny.curbed.com/2017/4/3/15163...ns-megaproject

Old Posted Sep 12, 2017, 10:50 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Credit: Tectonic

Old Posted Sep 14, 2017, 3:46 PM

I'm curious to see how this area will change now that this development is rising, along with the many others going up along Vernon Blvd, and the Astoria ferry open just a few blocks away. Right now it's mostly old industrial warehouses.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2017, 11:54 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Lots going on. 2 topped out, another two just starting.

Credit: Cityrealty

Old Posted Feb 1, 2018, 1:56 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

De Blasio administration pulls subsidies for Durst affordable-housing project after public spat

Quote:
Developer Douglas Durst was set to receive $43.5 million in financing from the city to include 163 units of affordable housing in his Hallets Point project along the Queens waterfront in Astoria. But the financing package was abruptly pulled in November, months after Durst and Mayor Bill de Blasio had a public disagreement over campaign donations that included a reference to the HBO series Game of Thrones, according to a report in Politico New York.

The city said that financing package was pulled because of a limited supply of subsidy and many deserving affordable-housing projects.
===================
Crain's

Old Posted Feb 2, 2018, 2:38 PM

Man this sucks. Does it mean the project will be halted or scaled back?

Old Posted Feb 2, 2018, 10:16 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg View Post
Man this sucks. Does it mean the project will be halted or scaled back?
Nah it won't be halted over that. That's small change. Its nothing to worry about, and nothing that would result in a cancellation. Its just financing. If they want extra financing, they will have to resort to other sources.

Now, if it was something like 300-400 mil in financing, yeah that would cause this to indefinitely be on hold.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2018, 9:58 PM

From today's Real Deal re: financing:

3. Durst and State — $125 million
A Queens project grabbed the number three spot as well, with a $125 million loan from the New York State Housing Finance Agency to the Durst Organization for building one of the company’s Hallets Point project, located at 1-02 26th Avenue. The bonds for the loan were bought by Wells Fargo. City Hall recently and abruptly canceled $43.5 million in public funding for building seven of Hallets Point in the wake of a feud between Mayor Bill de Blasio and the company.

The first two buildings are nearing completion and they look really nice. Good views of them from Astoria Park.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2018, 2:11 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Durst’s 10 Halletts Point Gets New Renderings

Quote:
A new partially-affordable housing project is getting ready to open at 10 Halletts Point, in Astoria, Queens. The 22-story mixed-use complex is rising at 26-01 1st Street, positioned right on the waterfront, across from Manhattan’s Yorkville. This is the first of a seven-building mega-development led by the Durst Organization to reinvigorate the Halletts Point peninsula. Once complete, the entirety will yield 2.4 million square feet of space and create 2,400 rental units, 480 of which will be affordable.

Once complete, 10 Halletts Point will bring 405 rental units to the neighborhood, of which, 81 will let for below-market rates. The lottery for affordable housing has just opened, with studios starting at $947 per month, and three-bedrooms for $1,414 per month. Applications will be accepted from now until May 7, 2018.
=======================
1) https://a806-housingconnect.nyc.gov/...entPdf/455.pdf
2) NYY

Old Posted Mar 11, 2018, 5:25 PM

It's unfortunate on how they cheaped out on not including balconies, I would've considered moving there.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2018, 10:09 PM
Show me the blueprints

Are we sure about that?>

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Mar 19, 2018, 5:53 PM

Yeah, but the building looks beautiful.

I wonder if they're planning on making it more accessible by renovating some of the streets leading up to it, some of them look like a war zone. Also a complete, continuous pedestrian waterfront from Socrates Park (or even further south) to the con edison plant in the north would be amazing, it's pretty much almost there, with a few obstacles on the way. I think it's already part of the plan.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2018, 8:40 PM

I wouldn't say it looks like a war zone rather just an old industrial area with a lot of warehouses ripe for redevelopment. It reminds me a little of the Red Hook I knew in the early 2000s.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2019, 11:29 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

The Durst Organization Debuts Two Rental Towers At 10 Halletts Point In Astoria, Queens

Quote:
Leasing has officially launched for a new, two-towered development by The Durst Organization in Astoria, Queens. Located at 10 Halletts Point, the 22 and 19-story towers are just the first components of a sprawling, seven-building development that will eventually comprise 2.4 million square feet. It will include more than 2,100 apartments, affordable housing, a public waterfront esplanade, and retail area.

Designed by Dattner Architects, 10 Halletts Point contains 404 rental units, ranging from studio to three-bedroom layouts. Each unit will include floor-to-ceiling windows, high-end appliances, and hardwood flooring. On the low-end, studio units are priced starting at $2150, while the most premium two-bedroom units fetch $4050.

Residential amenities include multiple outdoor areas, a large fitness center and yoga studio, a children’s play room, a library, co-working spaces, and on-site parking. As an added perk, the building will also offer shuttle service to local subway and ferry stations for morning and evening commuters.

Brooklyn Harvest Market, a full-service 25,000-square-foot grocery store, will occupy a portion of the building’s podium.

As a sustainable structure, the development was designed in accordance with LEED-Gold construction standards. Under these strict guidelines, 10 Halletts Point supports energy-saving building mechanicals, on-site water treatment systems, robust recycling programs for residents, and high-efficiency window that reduce temperature loss and heat gain within the structure.
===============
NYY

Old Posted Apr 6, 2020, 3:17 AM

I was in the area and it doesn't look like anything is going on in any other plots.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2020, 1:38 AM

City is shaking down Durst to provide more discounted units. Durst says he's waiting until the next mayor comes in to move the development forward.

https://www.bisnow.com/new-york/news...ty-hall-102693

Old Posted May 6, 2020, 7:32 PM

damn, more discounted units means that the rent is going to be even higher

It's already overpriced as is now, worse than other new midrises in the neighborhood and without the balconies the only advantage is that it's on the waterfront with the potential of a nice cluster planned around it

Old Posted Jul 3, 2021, 2:56 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Old Posted Jul 5, 2021, 4:56 PM

I believe I read recently that Durst had secured the loans for Phase 2. There are a few very nice looking projects going up in that area along with the city rebuilding Whitey Ford Park but it’s still a bit of an industrial wasteland around there for now.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction