Map Location
San Francisco Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Nov 17, 2023, 6:20 AM

I want a rendering with this, parcel F and oceanwide please

Old Posted Nov 17, 2023, 6:31 AM
你的媽媽

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmy2 View Post
In that first photo homebucket posted imagine this beast standing alongside Parcel F, the Oceanwide, 50 Main Street, and Block 4. Really gets me excited to say the very least.
That combo right there would be pretty epic. Plus Salesforce and 181 Fremont in the immediate vicinity too.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2023, 6:41 AM
你的媽媽

Quote:
Originally Posted by dktshb View Post
Looks very nice and connected to the neighborhood at street and park level, which is the most important to me.
Yeah the interaction with the ground level is quite nice. And then you have the connection to the park which is reminiscent of 181 Fremonts (and Andytown Coffee Roasters) little bridge to the park as well. By integrating with the street and park level it creates a more open and inviting environment. It would be nice if the part that connects to the park has space for retail or a restaurant which I think the park could use more of.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2023, 7:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebucket View Post
That combo right there would be pretty epic. Plus Salesforce and 181 Fremont in the immediate vicinity too.
Exactly, I really really hope we see a tower crane start rising over the city soon. It's about time the city's skyline gets an upgrade and I love the image of a massive cluster of towers in the SoMa, still letting the Transamerica and 555 California dominate the skies over Financial District.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2023, 7:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanstirrat View Post
I want a rendering with this, parcel F and oceanwide please
Isn't Parcel F effectively dead?

Old Posted Nov 18, 2023, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneRinconHill View Post
Isn't Parcel F effectively dead?
I think so. The site went up for sale and also in the SF Yimby article for 530 Howard it states that Hines has cancelled the project. I don't know if it's true or not.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2023, 4:28 PM
你的媽媽

Some more details and renderings. Mods, can we update the thread title to reflect the new address and specs?

Should be "SAN FRANCISCO | 530 Howard St | 844 FT | 72 Floors".

The updated specs for 530 Howard St:
- 72 floors, 844 ft
- 672 units (424 1BR, 180 2BR, 68 3BR)
- At least 10% of the units will be affordable
- Parking included for 149 cars and 458 bicycles

The site:
https://maps.app.goo.gl/bBKDZ974wwtX5vY28

Quote:
Permit Activity For 530 Howard Street, SoMa, San Francisco

BY: ANDREW NELSON 5:30 AM ON NOVEMBER 30, 2023

It has only been two weeks since plans were first announced for the region’s potential second-tallest residential tower, and a flurry of permit activity has already been submitted to the city’s Planning Department. The 72-story proposal for 530 Howard Street is expected to rise 844 feet tall, among the tallest in the country, and could become the third or fourth tallest skyscraper in San Francisco. Bayhill Ventures, the project developer, has also submitted a request for new building permits.

The 844-foot tall structure will yield around 882,250 square feet, with 730,975 square feet for housing and 48,000 square feet for parking. Of the 672 apartments, there will be 424 one-bedrooms, 180 two-bedrooms, and 68 three-bedrooms. Parking will be included for 149 cars and 458 bicycles.

Amenities will start on the fifth and sixth floors, accessible via elevator from the ground lobby. The elevators open to a double-height spiral staircase on one side, which rises to the sixth-floor pool deck and fitness center. The Howard Street side of the fifth floor will include a co-working space, library, lounge, and game room. The other half will be occupied by residential services such as concierge, leasing, the mail room, and a connection to the public-access Salesforce Park bridge. On the 70th floor, nearly 800 feet above street level, residents will find access to a second amenity lounge, entertainment zone, and a shared terrace.

Among the exciting new details revealed from the permit activity is a collection of new renderings, particularly how the public will see the publicly accessible bridge that connects the tower and pedestrians along Natoma Street to the Salesforce Park, which features landscaping designed by PWP. House & Robertson Architects is the executive architect, and Pickard Chilton is the design architect. The tower facade will frame the floor-to-ceiling windows with steel-beam panels.

The foundation structural system will extend below the upper and lower layers of sand and into bedrock. According to the project report, “preliminary studies indicate that the pier embedment into the bedrock will vary between 30’ to 75’.” Magnusson Klemencic Associates is responsible for civil and structural engineering, Meyers+ is the MEP engineer, and Atelier Ten is consulting on sustainability.
https://sfyimby.com/2023/11/permit-a...francisco.html

Last edited by homebucket; Nov 30, 2023 at 8:09 PM.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2023, 4:32 PM
你的媽媽

Old Posted Nov 30, 2023, 5:19 PM

Quote:
Build it NOW. How will the BOS mess this one up? I saw that Mayor London Breed loves it and wants it built, so that helps(?)

Old Posted Nov 30, 2023, 8:01 PM

Quote:
Some more details and renderings. Mods, can we update the thread title to reflect the new address and specs?

Should be "SAN FRANCISCO | 530 Howard St | 844 FT | 71 Floors".

The updated specs for 530 Howard St:
- 71 floors, 844 ft
- 672 units (424 1BR, 180 2BR, 68 3BR)
- At least 10% of the units will be affordable
- Parking included for 149 cars and 458 bicycles

The site:
https://maps.app.goo.gl/bBKDZ974wwtX5vY28

https://sfyimby.com/2023/11/permit-a...francisco.html
Actually according to SF Yimby, it is:
72 floors, 844 ft.

Take a look at the SF Yimby Nov. 30 article again.

Source:https://sfyimby.com/2023/11/permit-a...francisco.html

Quote:
Permit Activity For 530 Howard Street, SoMa, San Francisco

It has only been two weeks since plans were first announced for the region’s potential second-tallest residential tower, and a flurry of permit activity has already been submitted to the city’s Planning Department. The 72-story proposal for 530 Howard Street is expected to rise 844 feet tall, among the tallest in the country, and could become the third or fourth tallest skyscraper in San Francisco. Bayhill Ventures, the project developer, has also submitted a request for new building permits.
Sorry, I know 71 floors have been indicated in various other articles, but this is the latest. Same goes for 840 vs. 844 feet. I believe it also depends on how one counts floors, or rounds off measurements.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2023, 8:10 PM
你的媽媽

^ Thanks for catching that! Even better! Edited my original post.

At 72 floors, this would be the tallest floor count in the City, beating the 61 floors in Salesforce Tower.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2023, 8:31 PM

Odds this gets built? It looks like if they wanted to stall it with the shadow law and the "skyline shape" thing they made a big deal about...they could.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2023, 8:39 PM
你的媽媽

Also if built this would be the new tallest residential tower in SF and California, surpassing the Millennium Tower which previously held the title at 58 floors and 647 ft.

Although it could be passed in the future by 50 Main St (also depends on which one gets built first) if that gets built as currently proposed at 89 floors and 992 ft.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2023, 10:13 PM

Quote:
^ Thanks for catching that! Even better! Edited my original post.

At 72 floors, this would be the tallest floor count in the City, beating the 61 floors in Salesforce Tower.
No problem. It's nice that we both want the same thing - moderators to update the thread title data.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2023, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Also if built this would be the new tallest residential tower in SF and California, surpassing the Millennium Tower which previously held the title at 58 floors and 647 ft.

Although it could be passed in the future by 50 Main St (also depends on which one gets built first) if that gets built as currently proposed at 89 floors and 992 ft.
By the way moderators while you're at it, can you also update the data for 50 Main St. on the diagrams? It still says 85 floors and 991 feet. Thanks!

Old Posted Dec 1, 2023, 12:20 AM

Quote:

I thought the recently completed Beaudry in Downtown Los Angeles.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2023, 3:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneRinconHill View Post
Odds this gets built? It looks like if they wanted to stall it with the shadow law and the "skyline shape" thing they made a big deal about...they could.
The maximum height limit in San Francisco used to be 550 feet! The "skyline shape" thing and shadow laws were/are well documented justification for building much taller in the city. The climate is changing with new height bonus laws factored in. With that in mind, I wonder if something taller will someday get proposed as a new designed residential tower for Parcel F? Anyway, it's nice to see this new 844 feet tall proposal for 524 Howard Street come closer to reality.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2023, 4:07 AM
你的媽媽

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFView View Post
The maximum height limit in San Francisco used to be 550 feet! The "skyline shape" thing and shadow laws were/are well documented justification for building much taller in the city. The climate is changing with new height bonus laws factored in. With that in mind, I wonder if something taller will someday get proposed as a new designed residential tower for Parcel F? Anyway, it's nice to see this new 844 feet tall proposal for 524 Howard Street come closer to reality.
Isn't it 530 Howard now?

Old Posted Dec 1, 2023, 4:16 AM

^Oh yeah, right! Moderators? Let's correct the thread title to "530 Howard" as well.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2023, 4:25 AM
你的媽媽

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmy2 View Post
I thought the recently completed Beaudry in Downtown Los Angeles.
Yeah, Millennium is tallest residential building in SF, while Beaudry in LA is slightly taller at 695 ft. 530 Howard and 50 Main would pass both by quite a wide margin.

Interestingly, the Beaudry has more units than this building would, at 785 units vs 672 units despite being shorter by 8 floors, perhaps because this building does not include any studios. I'm not sure what the difference in floorplate size is. That could be a factor too. Upon further examination, this building also utilizes a more urban and equity minded approach, featuring a more reasonable parking limit of 149 cars, with 458 spaces for bicycles, along with a ~10% affordable component. Whereas Beaudry has more spaces designated for parking than it does units, with 831 spaces, as well as no affordable housing element.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals