HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Mar 3, 2022, 12:43 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Jason Carnahan, CPM Projects, Quinn Court (PID 05101985), conditional use applications to
- 1) permit two main buildings on a lot, and
- 2) to permit multi-unit dwellings in an R3 zone (File 22-0096).
Supporting documents now available:

Locator:

Site Plan:

Render:

There is quite the little cluster of dense residential developing on Quinn Court (and on adjacent portions of Gunningsville Blvd). This area is becoming the Riverview equivalent of "uptown" Dieppe (around Dieppe Blvd).

Old Posted Mar 3, 2022, 3:34 AM

And there's the tower crane working on the first of three planned buildings practically next door to the Quinn Court development. I think this whole area will just continue to grow over the next several years. There's no shortage of land!!

Old Posted Mar 8, 2022, 2:45 PM

So John McManaman of Thrive Properties wrote a letter to the T & T about his concerns with rising property assessments and double taxation on rental properties. He says that he's increasingly looking at doing projects in Nova Scotia and thinking of delaying some of his projects in N.B.

This could have a big repercussion on Riverview, as Thrive has a lot of development plans for the town. If a major developer like Thrive is looking at taking their business elsewhere, will the government finally take notice and reexamine their taxation policy on rental properties?

Old Posted Mar 8, 2022, 2:48 PM
ハルウララ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny golden View Post
This could have a big repercussion on Riverview, as Thrive has a lot of development plans for the town. If a major developer like Thrive is looking at taking their business elsewhere, will the government finally take notice and reexamine their taxation policy on rental properties?
Or perhaps it's just a developer blowing hot air and trying to get more favourable conditions, supported by a media organization known to only provide one side of this argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
There is quite the little cluster of dense residential developing on Quinn Court (and on adjacent portions of Gunningsville Blvd). This area is becoming the Riverview equivalent of "uptown" Dieppe (around Dieppe Blvd).
If these are just car-oriented suburban builds then I doubt anything meaningful of a community will develop. Nearby developments do not inspire a pedestrian realm - the Sobeys parking lot on Findlay is larger than the space these three apartments (and their parking) will take up.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2022, 2:37 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

They are starting on floor #3 of The Tides.

I don't know about you, but to me, this project is puttering along at a glacial pace. They want the building to be open by this fall, but I think this time frame is fantastically optimistic given what we've seen so far..........

Old Posted Mar 15, 2022, 4:07 PM

Quote:
Supporting documents now available:

Locator:

Site Plan:

Render:

I like the look of those renders! something a little different which is nice.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2022, 4:35 PM

Quote:
They are starting on floor #3 of The Tides.

I don't know about you, but to me, this project is puttering along at a glacial pace. They want the building to be open by this fall, but I think this time frame is fantastically optimistic given what we've seen so far..........
You're right, I can't see The Tides being ready by the fall. I'm thinking they've been focusing their efforts on the Dobson Crossing building on Gunningsville Blvd. Many times over the last few months I've driven by the Tides location and there's only been a minimum crew working. Usually just 2-3 vehicles parked on site.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2022, 8:15 PM

The North East corner of Gunningsville Blvd. and Robertson Ct. has been cleared.

Any ideas?

Old Posted Mar 20, 2022, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacdougall View Post
The North East corner of Gunningsville Blvd. and Robertson Ct. has been cleared.

Any ideas?
I heard some time ago that there was going to be a phase two of the Kensington Apartments, but that it would be on the Southwest of that corner.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2022, 1:03 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
I heard some time ago that there was going to be a phase two of the Kensington Apartments, but that it would be on the Southwest of that corner.
Indeed.

Here's the original master concept plan for Clayton's Fairways development:

It calls for a cluster of three small apartment buildings on the other side of Gunningsville Blvd, but as you correctly pointed out, this would be on the southeast corner of Gunningsville/Robertson, not the northeast corner.

I might have to take a wander over sometime to see what's going on..........

Old Posted Mar 22, 2022, 1:49 AM

I did take a drive by on the weekend, and a large amount of land has been cleared on the east side of Gunningsville, so it's obviously the next phase of The Fairways project. Looking at the concept plan, those 3 buildings look to have a bigger footprint than The Kensington buildings.

There certainly is a lot of development on the table for Riverview, and the one I'm most interested in is The Current. I wonder how long it will be before we see Thrive Properties get started on it?

Old Posted Mar 22, 2022, 10:03 PM

Quote:
I did take a drive by on the weekend, and a large amount of land has been cleared on the east side of Gunningsville, so it's obviously the next phase of The Fairways project. Looking at the concept plan, those 3 buildings look to have a bigger footprint than The Kensington buildings.

There certainly is a lot of development on the table for Riverview, and the one I'm most interested in is The Current. I wonder how long it will be before we see Thrive Properties get started on it?
What makes it so obvious? I don’t even think both properties have the same owner.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2022, 10:47 AM

It's a pie shaped parcel of land measuring only 0.53 acres according to GeoNB.

Owned by a local guy.

Very curious to find out what's up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
What makes it so obvious? I don’t even think both properties have the same owner.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2022, 8:11 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacdougall View Post
It's a pie shaped parcel of land measuring only 0.53 acres according to GeoNB.

Owned by a local guy.

Very curious to find out what's up.
I finally drove over to have a look. The cleared land does not correspond to the lot Clayton Developments owns. This is something else.

Something might come up in the next few months at Riverview PAC.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2022, 11:18 AM

They’ve started working in the ground floor (having finished the underground parking area) of the new 7 storey building on Dickey Blvd.

They’ve also staked out some of the site for the new Kent building on the corner of Findlay and Gunningsville.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2022, 8:14 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
They’ve started working in the ground floor (having finished the underground parking area) of the new 7 storey building on Dickey Blvd.
Just to be clear, this is the building you are referring to:

The Jeffrey

Sadly, it is only five floors, not seven........

Old Posted Apr 1, 2022, 12:01 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Construction To Begin On New Quinn Court Apartments This June
SAM MACDONALD MONCTON, NEW BRUNSWICK, NEWS
https://huddle.today/2022/03/31/cons...nts-this-june/

Note, I believe this is different than the other apartment complex noted upthread, currently seeking PAC approval.

Also, there are plans for a third apartment building on the SE corner of Quinn and Gunningsville, which I think will mean a complete buildout of Quinn Court.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2022, 8:33 PM

Quote:
Just to be clear, this is the building you are referring to:

The Jeffrey

Sadly, it is only five floors, not seven........
For some reason I had it in my head that it was seven. But yes that’s the one I’m referring to.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2022, 2:03 PM

They've now started the 4th floor of The Tides on Coverdale Rd. You can now start to see the shape and scope of the building as this floor is set back from the lower levels. There's one more floor after this one and they seem to be moving along faster now.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2022, 3:21 PM

There was a proposal before the PAC last August for a 2 story 12 unit apartment building at 180 Hillsborough Rd. I see an excavator has now been dropped off on the lot. Not a large project, but another one of these smaller in-filling projects that the town no doubt likes to see.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces