HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Closed Thread

Old Posted Feb 3, 2022, 9:44 PM
Chris

More Life Sciences news. A small operation, but has potential, and multiply this scenario 100 times per year, and things look good for Philadelphia.

French gene therapy company SparingVision establishes U.S. headquarters in Philadelphia

https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...Pos=0#cxrecs_s

"A French genomics medicines company focused on developing vision-saving treatments for retinal diseases has established its U.S. headquarters in Philadelphia.
Paris-based SparingVision has opened an office in Center City at Three Logan Square."

""Philadelphia is becoming a major hub for cell and gene therapy, so this was a natural place to put our U.S. headquarters," said Dan Chung, SparingVision's chief medical officer."

"SparingVision, founded in 2016, has 25 employees overall and opened its Philadelphia office this week with two people. Chung said he is actively recruiting for people with medical affairs and clinical development positions. "We expect to be at eight to 10 people by the end of the year," he said. "We'll have more people coming in the second quarter.""

Old Posted Feb 3, 2022, 9:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLtoNYC View Post
More Life Sciences news. A small operation, but has potential, and multiply this scenario 100 times per year, and things look good for Philadelphia.

French gene therapy company SparingVision establishes U.S. headquarters in Philadelphia

https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...Pos=0#cxrecs_s
I used to work in biopharma up until last year, and the talent drain in the suburbs is becoming really serious. I fully expect as more gene-therapy startups begin to eat away at biologics market share a lot of the suburban pharma companies will have no choice but to move closer to the city for talent and begin active partnerships with Temple, Penn, Drexel and USciences etc. My last two companies didn't recognize these tailwinds and they are paying for it now. I think we can expect a lot more new lab space to come online in the next two years.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2022, 1:37 AM
More of that.

Oh no! My favorite 7-11 will be no more???

(2nd & Christian)

How do you get Flickr to work? Image here but not showing:

Old Posted Feb 4, 2022, 2:03 AM
Philly Rising Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Scale View Post

(2nd & Christian)

on flickr, grab the bbc code of the size you like, click and paste it to your post.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2022, 12:46 PM

Quote:

(2nd & Christian)

It needs to be a static file when you post it in between the [img] tags. Image files usually end in .jpg or .png. When you click embed, you can see the actually img link.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2022, 2:22 PM

Quote:

(2nd & Christian)

Last I saw, the 7-11 was going back into the ground floor of the mixed-use development Templeguy posted above.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2022, 2:23 PM

2nd & Poplar - warehouse in NoLibs on 2nd Street. Finally being redeveloped. 5-story mixed-use apartment building with ground floor retail/commercial.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2022, 2:24 PM

Art Deco Corner To Be Revived in Germantown

Current view of 5700-04 Germantown Ave:

Quote:
Coscia Moos is handling the architecture and we are excited to see what they have in store. Expect to see 16 units on the second and third levels, with 5,800 sqft of commercial on the first floor and basement. Based on the permit, we should see a grocery store of some type – never a bad thing for the immediate neighborhood.
Read/view more here:
https://www.ocfrealty.com/naked-phil...-in-germantown

Old Posted Feb 4, 2022, 2:46 PM

Permits Issued For 178-Unit Conversion At 3232 Henry Avenue In East Falls

Current view of site:

Aerial view of site:

Quote:
Permits have been issued for a massive multi-family conversion at 3232 Henry Avenue in East Falls, Northwest Philadelphia. The existing building rises 11 stories tall, making it one of the tallest in the neighborhood. Once work is completed, the former medical facility will be converted into 178 apartments. A green roof will be situated atop the structure. In total, the building holds 200,010 square feet of space. LRK is listed as the design professional. Renovation work is expected to cost $15.4 million.
Read/view more here:
https://phillyyimby.com/2022/02/perm...ladelphia.html

Old Posted Feb 4, 2022, 3:39 PM

While walking to work this morning, I noticed equipment on site at the huge lot on 13th and Wallace, which is slated to become a site holding a number of single-family homes. While this represents a MAJOR underuse of such a large and transit-oriented parcel, I'm glad to see some action on that lot.

Also, the triangle bounded by 13th, Wallace, and Ridge is ablaze with new construction! Most of it has been filled with what I suspect are quadraplexes. I'm excited to see what will be rising at the triangular-shaped parcel at the corner of 13th and Ridge/Mt. Vernon, as it could easily host another flatiron-type building!

Temple University '18 ']['

Old Posted Feb 4, 2022, 6:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
2nd & Poplar - warehouse in NoLibs on 2nd Street. Finally being redeveloped. 5-story mixed-use apartment building with ground floor retail/commercial.
Great news, does that also include the vacant long on SW corner of 2nd and Poplar?

Old Posted Feb 4, 2022, 6:44 PM

Facebook post from Schuylkill Banks reports caissons going in for the bridge section of the Christian to Crescent Connector.

I wasn't old enough to know what the river was really like before the trail was put in. Very curious how transformative this connector will be for Grays Ferry and beyond once the trail goes all the way to Bartram's Garden - especially with all the simultaneous office construction coming into University City.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2022, 6:57 PM

Old Posted Feb 5, 2022, 12:35 AM
Chris

Quartet of Homes Coming to Two Blocks in Logan Square

https://www.ocfrealty.com/naked-phil...n-logan-square

Old Posted Feb 5, 2022, 1:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 700 Block View Post
Great news, does that also include the vacant long on SW corner of 2nd and Poplar?
Yes!

Old Posted Feb 5, 2022, 2:17 AM
Chris

Area retail update, per my friend who works for high-end jewelry designer Van Cleef & Arpels.

The Van Cleef North American management had a KoP field trip this week to meet Simon execs, and the behind the scenes details are interesting. I won't go on, but intel on luxury retailers joining KoP in 2022...

Dolce & Gabbana
Van Cleef & Arpels
Balenciaga
Potentially Dior

One funny part, the Van Cleef execs (from New York) weren't sure what to expect from the mall, but were blown away by the mall, retailers, and stats from Simon.

I know it's not Center City, but an interesting update I found worth sharing.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2022, 6:02 AM

Quote:
Area retail update, per my friend who works for high-end jewelry designer Van Cleef & Arpels.

The Van Cleef North American management had a KoP field trip this week to meet Simon execs, and the behind the scenes details are interesting. I won't go on, but intel on luxury retailers joining KoP in 2022...

Dolce & Gabbana
Van Cleef & Arpels
Balenciaga
Potentially Dior

One funny part, the Van Cleef execs (from New York) weren't sure what to expect from the mall, but were blown away by the mall, retailers, and stats from Simon.

I know it's not Center City, but an interesting update I found worth sharing.
They were blown away by one of the largest, richest malls in America?

Old Posted Feb 5, 2022, 4:14 PM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonee View Post
They were blown away by one of the largest, richest malls in America?
People from New York (specifically Manhattan) can be quite ignorant about other cities & markets that aren't LA or Miami. They downplayed the Philly market until they were educated upon arrival. Ironic in a way...

My friend (who is from Philly) did say to the team along the lines of "why would you be surprised?"..."The Mall is one of the largest and most successful retail centers in North America surrounded by millions of people and wealthy towns".

He also mentioned that the CC and KoP Macy's, KoP Nordstrom, and Bala Cynwyd Saks are in the top 1% of the entire company portfolios.

It does come back to the larger discussion of people severely underplaying Philadelphia (city and metro) in so many metrics. But the stats prove otherwise...

Old Posted Feb 5, 2022, 10:23 PM
Chris

For a second time, Civic Design Review panel votes ‘disappointment’ in apartments proposed for Temple students

https://www.inquirer.com/news/temple...-20220205.html

Old Posted Feb 5, 2022, 10:33 PM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Quote:
For a second time, Civic Design Review panel votes ‘disappointment’ in apartments proposed for Temple students

https://www.inquirer.com/news/temple...-20220205.html
They are disappointing.

Middle of temple town and that's what they are trying to pull off.

They didn't even try to do the New style Philly Rowhome.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development