HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #20661  
Old Posted May 23, 2022, 9:36 PM
hollywoodnorth's Avatar
hollywoodnorth hollywoodnorth is offline
Blazed Member - Citygater
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Downtown Vancouver
Posts: 5,767
looks like CURV is being taken to market. I have been getting Facebook ads served to me all weekend >>

https://www.facebook.com/CURV-101592725895743/

https://thecurv.ca/
__________________
Quote of the Decade on SSP: "what happens would it be?" - argon007

"orange vested guy" - towerguy3
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #20662  
Old Posted May 25, 2022, 12:33 AM
officedweller officedweller is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 35,459
1045 Burnaby St.

Quote:
The proposal is for a 16-storey rental building that includes:

170 rental units;
133 market rental units and 37 below market rental units;
A total density of 6.19 FSR;
A floor area of 107,050 sq. ft.;
A building height of 159 ft.;
52 vehicle parking spaces and 317 bicycle parking spaces.
https://vancouvermarket.ca/2022/05/2...west-end-site/


https://vancouvermarket.ca/2022/05/2...west-end-site/


https://vancouvermarket.ca/2022/05/2...west-end-site/


https://vancouvermarket.ca/2022/05/2...west-end-site/
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #20663  
Old Posted May 25, 2022, 12:38 AM
Changing City's Avatar
Changing City Changing City is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 3,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by officedweller View Post
Interesting project - lose 38 strata units, gain 132 additional rental units, 37 of them renting below market. The developer is Gracorp, the rental development arm of Graham Construction.
__________________
Contemporary Vancouver development blog, https://changingcitybook.wordpress.com/ Then and now Vancouver blog https://changingvancouver.wordpress.com/
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #20664  
Old Posted May 25, 2022, 5:01 AM
vanman's Avatar
vanman vanman is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 5,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodnorth View Post
looks like CURV is being taken to market. I have been getting Facebook ads served to me all weekend >>

https://www.facebook.com/CURV-101592725895743/

https://thecurv.ca/
Interesting that it's by a Montreal based developer. Is that a first for Vancouver?

Hoping the facade turns out as reflective as these renderings:



Reply With Quote
     
     
  #20665  
Old Posted May 25, 2022, 5:29 AM
Changing City's Avatar
Changing City Changing City is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 3,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanman View Post
Interesting that it's by a Montreal based developer. Is that a first for Vancouver?
The project was initiated by a Vancouver-based developer, Henson, but they sold it on after rezoning was approved. Looking at this list, none of the other Quebec developers seem to have built here. Obviously Ivanhoe Cambridge have developed here, and are based in Montreal.

Equally, while it's not true in other cities like Calgary, or Toronto, you don't see Westbank or Concord Pacific or Bosa developing in Montreal. (Having said that, apparently the Vancouver developers are slowly withdrawing from Calgary).
__________________
Contemporary Vancouver development blog, https://changingcitybook.wordpress.com/ Then and now Vancouver blog https://changingvancouver.wordpress.com/
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #20666  
Old Posted May 25, 2022, 5:46 AM
vanman's Avatar
vanman vanman is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 5,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Changing City View Post
The project was initiated by a Vancouver-based developer, Henson, but they sold it on after rezoning was approved. Looking at this list, none of the other Quebec developers seem to have built here. Obviously Ivanhoe Cambridge have developed here, and are based in Montreal.

Equally, while it's not true in other cities like Calgary, or Toronto, you don't see Westbank or Concord Pacific or Bosa developing in Montreal. (Having said that, apparently the Vancouver developers are slowly withdrawing from Calgary).
I should've specified I meant first condo tower by a Montreal developer. Ivanhoe Cambridge has only built commercial projects out here.

Montreal's condo culture is only now starting to flourish. Maybe in the near future our developers will start testing the waters there.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #20667  
Old Posted May 25, 2022, 3:41 PM
Changing City's Avatar
Changing City Changing City is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 3,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanman View Post
I should've specified I meant first condo tower by a Montreal developer. Ivanhoe Cambridge has only built commercial projects out here.

Montreal's condo culture is only now starting to flourish. Maybe in the near future our developers will start testing the waters there.
Sorry, I wasn't suggesting Ivanhoe had built residential here - they were the only other Montreal based developer I could think of who had developed anything here. Interestingly, they have an extensive rental residential portfolio in New York and London, and some other US cities, Mexico and Berlin, but only one in Canada in Quebec City. I don't think they've actually developed any strata buildings - although they started the Oakridge project with Westbank, before selling out to Quadreal before construction started.
__________________
Contemporary Vancouver development blog, https://changingcitybook.wordpress.com/ Then and now Vancouver blog https://changingvancouver.wordpress.com/
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #20668  
Old Posted Yesterday, 1:07 AM
whatnext whatnext is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 18,112
Dekete

Last edited by whatnext; Yesterday at 1:22 AM. Reason: Wrong thread
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 4:16 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.