HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Apr 11, 2022, 11:27 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Avant Garde Construction & Management posting about the new PetValu going into that little strip mall containing Sapporo Sushi and Little Caesars, directly across from the Canadian Tire in Findlay Park.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2022, 12:46 AM
Random Contributor

Gunningsville Blvd

Old Posted Apr 13, 2022, 1:21 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Nice photos.

This section of Gunningsville Blvd is going to look entirely different in five years time, what with the buildouts of Dobson Crossing and Dobson Landing, continued construction on Quinn Court and the new Kent Building Supplies store. This area will be the Riverview equivalent of Dieppe Blvd in Dieppe.

I have a sneaking suspicion we may see new retail coming for the northside of Gunningsville, in behind the new Kent store, but this is just a hunch on my part.....

Old Posted Apr 13, 2022, 2:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny golden View Post
There was a proposal before the PAC last August for a 2 story 12 unit apartment building at 180 Hillsborough Rd. I see an excavator has now been dropped off on the lot. Not a large project, but another one of these smaller in-filling projects that the town no doubt likes to see.
And the earth moving has begun. Not a major project at 12 units over 2 floors, but another vacant lot generating a bit more tax revenue for the town. Good location, it should be fully leased quite quickly.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2022, 5:27 PM

Riverview greenlights rec centre design work, despite uncertain funding
Quote:
Riverview is moving ahead with design work on a new recreation centre as provincial and federal funding remains uncertain.

The southeast New Brunswick town plans to build a new indoor pool and field house at a cost estimated around $33.1 million.

While some work on the site near Mill Creek Park was expected to begin last fall, town staff say it was "paused" while awaiting word on $7.8 million in provincial and $13 million in federal funding.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2022, 11:12 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

I thought I would post the diagrams and renders from the CBC article here for posterity.

An early rendering of the proposed Riverview recreation centre that would include an aquatics centre, turf field house and walking track. (Town of Riverview)

The proposed facility is estimated to cost about $32.6 million. Final design work is expected to result in a new cost estimate. (Town of Riverview)

The town had hoped to start site preparation last fall with construction beginning this spring, but work has been paused while the town waits for federal and provincial funding decisions. (Town of Riverview)

Old Posted Apr 14, 2022, 3:05 PM

It’s to bad they didn’t add a hockey arena to the project. If I’m not mistaken, Riverview only has one hockey arena and it’s rather dated. With its growing population, another one could be justified so that players are not required to travel to Moncton.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2022, 3:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
It’s to bad they didn’t add a hockey arena to the project. If I’m not mistaken, Riverview only has one hockey arena and it’s rather dated. With its growing population, another one could be justified so that players are not required to travel to Moncton.
I remember reading some time ago that a hockey rink was possible eventually, but finances wouldn't allow it at this time. I believe they're building the center in a way that allows a rink to be added at some point in the future. Yes Riverview could absolutely use another ice surface.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2022, 4:00 PM

Quote:
I remember reading some time ago that a hockey rink was possible eventually, but finances wouldn't allow it at this time. I believe they're building the center in a way that allows a rink to be added at some point in the future. Yes Riverview could absolutely use another ice surface.
Here's the story from 2019. It indicated that the town cut the ice rink from the plans, but allowed for it to be added in a future expansion.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-b...cost-1.5193861

Old Posted Apr 14, 2022, 5:45 PM

Hmm looking at the plans, I suspect they could add an arena to the upper right fairly easily, and have team changing rooms in between the arena and the court. I don't know if there is enough room on the lot for it there.

The other place would be at the far end of the building (on the left), but that would need a second public entrance. It would be close to the mechanical room so that might be good.

Judging by the roads t hey set up around it, adding on in either place shouldn't be an issue one way or another.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2022, 10:28 AM

You are correct, there only one rink but two ice surfaces and the town has pumped a lot of $$$ into them the last few years.

With that said, it would have been to have the additional ice surface added to the new Recreational Centre.

I suspect the price tag would have been too much for this little town. Likely around $50M to $55M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post

Old Posted Apr 15, 2022, 2:54 PM

When the town of Riverview decided to cut the rink from it's plans, they said that they were reducing the cost by $14 million. That was for the rink only back in 2019. If they ever decide to do the future expansion that they mentioned, a rink would no doubt cost a lot more than that. Construction costs have increased significantly since then.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2022, 4:54 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The Tides - current status:

One more floor to go..........

Old Posted Apr 22, 2022, 12:57 AM

They’ve started working on the 3rd floor of this building. They were doing exterior brick work on the Kensington Apartments recently too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post

The Jeffrey

Old Posted Apr 22, 2022, 3:25 PM

Quote:
And the earth moving has begun. Not a major project at 12 units over 2 floors, but another vacant lot generating a bit more tax revenue for the town. Good location, it should be fully leased quite quickly.
Forms delivered today. Smaller apartment building replacing an old house that was demolished last year.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2022, 9:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
The Tides - current status:

One more floor to go..........
Which they've now started. Still a long way to go with this one. I wonder when we'll see Thrive Properties start The Current building just up the road? Not for some time I would guess.

Old Posted May 1, 2022, 1:01 AM

So the trees have been cleared and there are stakes in the ground on the land behind the Scotia Bank on Cleveland/Pinewood. There'll be another apartment building added to the ever growing cluster in Findlay estates. There's also a commercial/retail building planned for this property. https://flic.kr/p/2mkLrzS
https://flic.kr/p/2mkFoKQ

Old Posted May 1, 2022, 3:46 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

I like this building. I think it is one of Spitfire's better designs.

So far this year, there have been very few new plans brought before the southeast region's various PACs, but we have seen a number of projects already in the queue getting started. It will therefore be a busy construction year, but it seems we will have very few new projects to discuss..........

Old Posted May 1, 2022, 3:47 PM

I also like the design of this building, and I imagine that it will be fully leased quite quickly. I wonder if they'll also proceed with the commercial/retail building this year? That would be 3 buildings on the same parcel of land. I'm sure the town loves to see these types of projects where the tax base grows without having to build more streets and services.

Old Posted May 2, 2022, 10:54 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Holy Bowly is now open in Riverview.

Huddle article:
https://huddle.today/2022/05/02/holy...-in-riverview/

Holy Whale apparently has a standing invitation to return to The Current, once the new twin tower 10 storey apartment building on their former site is constructed.

I also have heard a rumour that there is potentially a restaurant that may move into the ground level of the Current when it is built. If my source is correct, this should be quite popular.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces