HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Old Posted Mar 4, 2022, 4:25 PM
devout Pizzatarian

we've been told that CPS will be dropping the mask mandate for its schools "soon".

but with the way this stupid pandemic has been going, who the fuck knows what "soon" even means anymore?

next week?

next month?

next year?

next decade?

impossible to know.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2022, 4:32 PM
The City

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN Man View Post
^This is a Truly nice story.

It would be funny if it wasn't so cruel, but school children, the ones that are the least likely to even come down with cold like symptoms, are the last ones to go mask free. It's science!
Not in my school. They went mask optional a few weeks ago.

My older son in particular was happy to stop wearing a mask, it kept making his glasses fog up

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4W...lUKB1w8ED5bV2Q

Old Posted Mar 4, 2022, 4:33 PM
The City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
we've been told that CPS will be dropping the mask mandate for its schools "soon".

but with the way this stupid pandemic has been going, who the fuck knows what "soon" even means anymore?

next week?

next month?

next year?

next decade?

impossible to know.
It’s when they decide that giving up on the mask fight is not a sign of weakness or relinquishing their power. Masks are at least in part political, we’ve all known this for a while

Old Posted Mar 4, 2022, 4:35 PM
The City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae View Post
Didnt I say that? I've had my own with a grand total of 3 girls at work during my professional career and I have to say it was not worth it in the end. Way better to keep that play outside of what pays the bills because the options are plentiful but do you lol.
You’d have hooked up with 4 girls

The only thing that stops a man from sleeping with a beautiful woman is the beautiful woman. We all know it’s true.

The penis is always the bigger brain

Old Posted Mar 4, 2022, 4:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the urban politician View Post

The only thing that stops a man from sleeping with a beautiful woman is the beautiful woman. We all know it’s true.

There are definitely cases I've decided not to go after women because they were like best friends with a good female friend of mine, and I was worried about how awkward it might be if things didn't work out.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2022, 4:49 PM
Back on the road again

Quote:
Not in my school. They went mask optional a few weeks ago.

My older son in particular was happy to stop wearing a mask, it kept making his glasses fog up
Metro Atlanta schools mostly mask optional now. I'm seeing fewer and fewer masks in our neighborhood bars and restaurants in EAV.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2022, 4:50 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
There are definitely cases I've decided not to go after women because they were like best friends with a good female friend of mine, and I was worried about how awkward it might be if things didn't work out.
Having close friends that are girls is also a good way of getting introduced to some of her single friends. She'll invite the two of you to a social gathering and there's the opportunity for a match to be made. A lot of couples meet this way, through a mutual friend.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2022, 4:54 PM
Ex Houstonian

I guess I forgot that I’ve also hooked up with girls that have lived in other apartments in buildings I’ve lived in. Anyways, my jobs are different than most, they only last like a year or less usually in my line of work. So hooking up with someone at work where the job doesn’t last long is a little different than hooking up with someone at a job you might have for ten years, which could royally fuck things up.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2022, 6:09 PM

Quote:

Nope because I declined the 4th one. The first one was cool but people in the office started to figure it out then started getting into our business, "Yall doing a little bump and grind?" "what are you and WOMAN up to huh?", etc. That was annoying and she eventually found a new job. The second was also cool. I decided to get involved with her because I thought I'd hide the relationship better which I did (and her too). She left after having a run in with our manager at the time, so I got lucky there. The third was in a completely different office than me but she'd fly down from the Bay to visit. Besides the fact she was in a different office, she was also in a higher position at the time and a few years older, so it was easy to hide (she married some other dude her age and has a kid now).

Those experiences (all at the same job that I'm still currently at) made me not want to get involved with this temp we had. She would come to my cube lifting up her shirt to see if I could see her "rash" (there was none of course). Then other female coworkers would come by later telling me it's inappropriate for her to be lifting up her shirt at my cubicle. Like no shit but what I'm I gonna do? I didn't need that shit but then we went remote full-time at my company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoLith View Post
I guess I forgot that I’ve also hooked up with girls that have lived in other apartments in buildings I’ve lived in. Anyways, my jobs are different than most, they only last like a year or less usually in my line of work. So hooking up with someone at work where the job doesn’t last long is a little different than hooking up with someone at a job you might have for ten years, which could royally fuck things up.
Yep this was my main point. Yall stay safe out there going back into the offices!

Old Posted Mar 4, 2022, 7:10 PM
The City

^ Don’t worry, they will be safe

Old Posted Mar 4, 2022, 7:20 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

masking is over for nyc schools starting monday:

Metro

Mayor Adams ends NYC vax passports, school masks

By Nolan Hicks, Selim Algar andEmily Crane
March 4, 2022 9:33am Updated

Asked later if parades would be back this spring and summer, Adams said, “We have become so boring as a city. I want to become a city of excitement. We are looking to reinstate every parade, every festival, every block party. People need to get outdoors and enjoy our city again.”

The changes mean patrons at Big Apple restaurants, gyms and indoor venues — including theaters — will no longer have to show proof of vaccination in order to enter.

Individual businesses can still decide to enforce their own rules.

Children in K-12 school settings will also no longer have to don face coverings indoors.

“We want to see the faces of our children, we want to see their smiles,” Adams said. “We want to see how happy they are. We want to see when they are feeling sad so that we can be there to comfort them.”

more:
https://nypost.com/2022/03/04/mayor-...vax-passports/

Old Posted Mar 4, 2022, 7:23 PM
Ex Houstonian

Look at these nutcases. They don't want it to end.

https://twitter.com/small_asher/stat...47492314816518

Old Posted Mar 4, 2022, 7:25 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoLith View Post

meh, that's not even twenty people. including some of their kids they dragged along.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2022, 7:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnyc View Post
masking is over for nyc schools starting monday:

Metro

Mayor Adams ends NYC vax passports, school masks

By Nolan Hicks, Selim Algar andEmily Crane
March 4, 2022 9:33am Updated

Asked later if parades would be back this spring and summer, Adams said, “We have become so boring as a city. I want to become a city of excitement. We are looking to reinstate every parade, every festival, every block party. People need to get outdoors and enjoy our city again.”

The changes mean patrons at Big Apple restaurants, gyms and indoor venues — including theaters — will no longer have to show proof of vaccination in order to enter.

Individual businesses can still decide to enforce their own rules.

Children in K-12 school settings will also no longer have to don face coverings indoors.

“We want to see the faces of our children, we want to see their smiles,” Adams said. “We want to see how happy they are. We want to see when they are feeling sad so that we can be there to comfort them.”

more:
https://nypost.com/2022/03/04/mayor-...vax-passports/
Damn it about time. California just did away with it too although some districts like SF still want it to remain.

Quote:
^ Don’t worry, they will be safe
You crack me up

Old Posted Mar 4, 2022, 7:35 PM
Dryer lint inspector

Quote:
meh, that's not even twenty people. including some of their kids they dragged along.
There's a LOT of these 'mask enthusiasts' still around. Most just don't protest about it.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2022, 7:37 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JManc View Post
There's a LOT of these 'mask enthusiasts' still around. Most just don't protest about it.
then how do you know this?

i mean i have no idea, but am maybe a bit curious about that. i definitely have not been keeping up with the news other than today.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2022, 7:49 PM

Quote:
then how do you know this?

i mean i have no idea, but am maybe a bit curious about that. i definitely have not been keeping up with the news other than today.
I just gave you an example when I responded to your NYC school post. Here's the SF school board's masks enthusiasts - https://www.sfchronicle.com/sf/artic...s-16960554.php

Quote:
SFUSD’s press release states that masking is “one of the least burdensome policies on schools.”

“It helps prevent infections among students and staff and their families, and reduces missed school days,” San Francisco Unified School District Public Relations Manager Laura Dudnick said in an email.

San Francisco Board of Education President Gabriela López in an email said the district agrees to keep the “important safety tool” and will keep the mandate in place until the end of the school year.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2022, 7:52 PM
Resu Deretsiger

Quote:
I just gave you an example when I responded to your NYC school post. Here's the SF school board's masks enthusiasts - https://www.sfchronicle.com/sf/artic...s-16960554.php
Do you support a mandate against mandates to remedy this situation? That's what it will take to let them not have the choice to wear masks.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2022, 1:41 PM
The City

Quote:
Mask “enthusiasts” is a good description of these authoritarian clowns.

It still amazes me that we tolerated people forcing us to wear face coverings for all of this time.

It’s weird, because these people are basically not satisfied with wearing a mask. They want to force YOU to wear one too so that they won’t be scared.

Just dystopian, what a fucked up chapter in our history this all has been

Old Posted Mar 7, 2022, 9:22 PM

We went from Texas is killing grandma to NYC schools lifting mask mandates.

It's almost as if Texas wasn't insane a year ago

(Texas has an overall lower case count per 100k than NY and a lower death rate per 100k)

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions