HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Mar 9, 2015, 3:18 PM
Hong Kong

hkskyline's 2014 in OKAYAMA

Okayama is the eastern end of my Chugoku adventure. Unfortunately, the weather did not turn out so great, so I had to do more street-level shots and pan away from the sky. The city's tram network has 2 lines, with a special 100 yen fare in the central zone.

Supermarkets are a great place to observe local life. Who wants to pick up some ready-made fried dinner? Japan is not really an expensive place if you know where to look.

Okayama Castle was completed in the late 16th century but was destroyed in World War II. Rebuilt in 1965, the 6-storey structure now houses a museum and an observation deck.

Across the river is Koraku-en, which is one of the top 3 gardens in the country. Built in the 17th century, the garden takes water from the neighbouring river and is a quiet and serene part of the city. There weren't many flowers but the grass, manicured trees, and artificial hills are supposed to convey a message of beauty. I preferred the garden in Hiroshima though.

Many people's impressions of Japan encompass crowded street crossings, incredible density, and lack of space. That is just not true. I passed by few people during my walk back to the train station.

The full set : http://www.globalphotos.org/okayama.htm

Old Posted Mar 9, 2015, 8:53 PM
B!tchslapping Since 1998

Thanks!

Old Posted Mar 9, 2015, 9:05 PM
Community Guy

Nice tour, arigato gazaimasu

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos