HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Feb 8, 2023, 3:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbash View Post
Not sure about you guys but I really like that actually, it looks nice. And incorporating that old Vic house is amazing, that will be a beautiful space
I agree, it gives it new life. Really happy to see Sugar House grow and expand. Personally my favorite part of SLC. Hope we see renderings of that mass timber project on the Wells Fargo lot soon!

Old Posted Feb 8, 2023, 3:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i2theSKY View Post
I wouldn't say it's entirely fair to say the governor has done nothing. In this article he is proposing a plan that would pay farmers to not grow crops among other things. https://www.fox13now.com/news/great-...reat-salt-lake
This one is news to me, thanks for sharing. I was under the impression he was going to talk about any solution other than this one

Old Posted Feb 8, 2023, 3:39 AM

Some low quality pics of telegraph lofts, publik kitchen, and the lofts at 951 (apparently the building is for sale)

Old Posted Feb 8, 2023, 1:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeder113 View Post
Correct. I was only responding to the part where you said “there were a few wet years since 2000. But the other 15 of the 20 years were dry.....”
If you want to discuss this more I’d be happy to on the thread Delts pointed us to since we are now talking on topics unrelated to development.

Last edited by TheGeographer; Feb 8, 2023 at 2:22 PM.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2023, 1:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delts145 View Post
Geographer, You seem to be one of the forum members with considerable life focus on this topic of Water Infrastructure. I created a Mountain West Thread on the topic. Please share any pertinent information you have on the latest rounds of the Central Utah Water Project, whatever congressional members are proposing in D.C. etc., etc.,...
Can you point me/others who want to continue Utah climate discussions to the link/exact name of the thread you mentioned? I did a quick search and couldn’t find the thread.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2023, 3:13 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGeographer View Post
Can you point me/others who want to continue Utah climate discussions to the link/exact name of the thread you mentioned? I did a quick search and couldn’t find the thread.
Right on the front page of the Mountain West forum section

https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=253710

Old Posted Feb 8, 2023, 3:24 PM
Eschew Obfuscation

Temple Square

Overhead view of the north addition

Southeast corner of the temple foundation

Closer look at demolition next to the Relief Society Building

Church Office Building plaza

Progress on restroom facility

Demolition underway around the Relief Society Building

Work continues on the Guest Experience building (new visitors center)

East side of temple foundation

Third floor walls of the north addition

https://churchofjesuschristtemples.o...e/photographs/

Old Posted Feb 8, 2023, 6:01 PM

Daily Astra Update

Here's Astra this morning:

Old Posted Feb 8, 2023, 6:03 PM

My understanding is that the CUP is currently in the development and construction of a major pipeline providing improved capture and distribution to the rapidly expanding western sector of the Southern Metro. I assume that means the Goshen, Saratoga Springs, Eagle Mtn. areas. Any additional info. from those in the know would be great?

Brief elementary fact to keep in mind: Of the percentages of water going into Glen Canyon and Hoover 30% is provided by the Utah/Wyoming Green River, and 70% is provided by the Colorado runoff portion. The good news is Colorado's portion is looking good for this season. Utah/Wyoming still has a bit of ground to make up for. Flaming Gorge is critical in that it is the safety gap if and when Lake Powell was to reach a level that no longer can sustain hydropower to the lower basin.

In addition to what will develop along the policies of Agriculture in Utah, perhaps even more important is what responsibility if any will the legislatures of Colorado and Utah be able to dictate to the major water lower basin consumers such as Arizona and especially So. Cal.

Last edited by delts145; Feb 8, 2023 at 6:34 PM.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2023, 6:24 PM

Schmoe, Reeder's post on the massive Temple Square redo makes me wonder about what might be next for the L.D.S. Church once they start wrapping up with their Temple Square Campus upgrades. Any hints or rumors you could share would be appreciated. The corner just west of Harmon's or perhaps the big Elk's Lodge redevelopment blocks? Makid, perhaps you've also heard something plausible?

Wow, really liking that Sugar House development around the beautiful mansion, thank's Blah_Amazing. Also, thanks Rockies for posting the update on the old Telegraph reuse. I'd been wondering about that project.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2023, 6:31 PM

Bad news concerning the Main Street apartment tower by Hines

I was talking to an employee of the Boomerang Bar on Friday and asked him how much longer they would be there and he told me they will be there indefinitely (they were scheduled to be demolished to make way for the Main Street Tower) He said that the funding for the Main Street tower had been stopped. I am not sure if this is permanent but its too bad the theatre was demolished so quickly if it didnt need to be !!! Also the barber shop and the other small business that was shut down.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2023, 6:41 PM

If the funding has stopped because of Hines pulling out then we all have reason to be infuriated. Perhaps, it's just a temporary stall in lieu of design modifications, at least I hope so. What about the old University Club Tower remake? Hines has a lot of projects in various stages throughout the country. I hope because of current economic conditions and over-commitment on other projects under construction, they're not dumping their Salt Lake Projects.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2023, 6:53 PM

Quote:
If the funding has stopped because of Hines pulling out then we all have reason to be infuriated. Perhaps, it's just a temporary stall in lieu of design modifications, at least I hope so. What about the old University Club Tower remake? Hines has a lot of projects in various stages throughout the country. I hope because of current economic conditions and over-commitment on other projects under construction, they're not dumping their Salt Lake Projects.
Agreed. But I will say that I never liked the design or height of the Main St Tower. And the little dead-end park on top of the parking garage was lame. Maybe this opens up the site to a new tallest (or at least something with a more timeless design).

Also Dakben, thanks for posting the Astra photo updates. You the real MVP.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2023, 6:56 PM
Space Magi

I'm concerned but I don't think that necessarily means the project is dead. I don't think we should consider it as such unless Hines doesn't come back this summer and ask for another time extension on their design review.

Also, thanks for the photo updates everyone.

Last edited by Atlas; Feb 8, 2023 at 9:26 PM.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2023, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Hines has a billion dollar project in Omaha called the Mercantile. It is a redevelopment of ConAgra's former suburban-style HQ. It was announced 5 years ago and only a massive apartment building has opened. What I heard is that they have slowed this down in lieu of the streetcar's announcement and pending construction to redo the master plan (the rumor is that there will be more high rises) and modify the existing designs they plan to keep. The billion dollar amount was also initially several hundred million less, increasing due to inflation.

All that to say that I think you have some strong points regarding the slow progress on the theater tower.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2023, 11:41 PM

I think the tower will rise still. The less likely one to rise is the Sundial. I emailed JLL about the Sundial and they said construction will begin in 2024.
Building Salt Lake said in October that the tower should still rise.
https://buildingsaltlake.com/status-...sundial-tower/

Old Posted Feb 9, 2023, 12:17 AM
NIMBY Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by i2theSKY View Post
Question for Schmoe, how long before we start seeing glass?
The schedule is in flux a bit, but my understanding is that you may start seeing glass on Levels 2-5 this month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCHenry View Post
Which of the lots has a better chance of seeing a new tower?
Likely the SE corner of Broadway and 200 E, barring acquisition of a more shovel-ready site.

Quote:
Schmoe, Reeder's post on the massive Temple Square redo makes me wonder about what might be next for the L.D.S. Church once they start wrapping up with their Temple Square Campus upgrades. Any hints or rumors you could share would be appreciated.
I have a couple contacts there, but it is a tight-lipped organization when it comes to its plans. So I'm sorry to say, I have no insight into their plans.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2023, 1:39 AM
They all float down here

I noticed a Jack in the Box store manager position open and it's showing the location as 2100 S and 61 East - so, the old Burger King site right off State Street (I think the original plan was for it to be an In 'N Out Burger).

Last edited by Comrade; Feb 9, 2023 at 2:00 AM.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2023, 4:48 AM
Ironweed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
I noticed a Jack in the Box store manager position open and it's showing the location as 2100 S and 61 East - so, the old Burger King site right off State Street (I think the original plan was for it to be an In 'N Out Burger).
Did you apply? You'd be perfect! JK

Old Posted Feb 9, 2023, 4:50 AM
They all float down here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironweed View Post
Did you apply? You'd be perfect! JK
lmao I already manage people in a professional setting and that's a lot. I couldn't handle an entire fast food place.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West