HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Jul 30, 2020, 1:35 AM
BANNED

Also, if Rudin partners with Virnado, Rudin could give short-term extensions to Blackstone and KPMG at their current Rudin-owned location, 345 Park, until 350 Park is ready. The stars are aligned for 350!!

Once again, so many small towners (ie, virtually 90% of the 25 biggest US cities) were absurdly predicting that NYC would experience an exodus. NY will always be the financial and commercial capital of the world!

Last edited by JMKeynes; Jul 30, 2020 at 1:48 AM.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2020, 2:00 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMKeynes View Post
Also, if Rudin partners with Virnado, Rudin could give short-term extensions to Blackstone and KPMG at their current Rudin-owned location, 345 Park, until 350 Park is ready. The stars are aligned for 350!!

Exactly right. I will be very surprised if this tower isn't selected. Being the current landlord always helps. The relationship is already there. But this is a good example of what I always say when current events are gloomy, and people begin to question if there will be a need for towers. Regardless of whatever is going on, lease expirations will still happen, and that's the driving force behind new towers. The vast majority will renew, but others simply cannot or will not. And in a market this large, that means the pipeline of new towers must always be ready. It's what happened with the Hudson Yards, and it's what's happening with Midtown East. Even the WTC is absorbing tenants much like the original complex.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2020, 2:06 AM

This doesn't surprise me. Blackstone has been growing very rapidly in recent years.

Their employees likely tend to live on Manhattan's East Side and in Westchester/Connecticut, so I'm betting they stay in East Midtown. A new tower at 350 Park would make sense as a new world HQ.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2020, 2:23 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
This doesn't surprise me. Blackstone has been growing very rapidly in recent years.

Their employees likely tend to live on Manhattan's East Side and in Westchester/Connecticut, so I'm betting they stay in East Midtown. A new tower at 350 Park would make sense as a new world HQ.
It is time to redevelop 345 Park. It was built in 1969 and is utterly obsolete.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2020, 2:31 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

I'd be happy with a 27, 28 delivery time table.

Just in line with a little after 270 Park, which I believe is slated for 2025 delivery.

We essentially are looking at the future skyline defining towers, at their inception. 270 Park, 350 Park, 343 Madison, (any Midtown East Parcel), Potentially Park Lane Hotel Parcel, Phase II HY, 45 Broad, and more!

Ah yes, Tower Fifth, although I have my doubts on that particular one, but I do hope something worthwhile rises there. Even if Tower Fifth, I'd take it.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2020, 3:17 AM

Quote:
It is time to redevelop 345 Park. It was built in 1969 and is utterly obsolete.
Eons ago I interned there, at what is now JPM Private Bank. The tower has a big footprint and was pretty nice inside. I'm guessing 345 still has a couple of years till redevelopment, but who knows.

But 350 Park is long past due. Can't wait to see this tower rise.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2020, 12:06 PM
BANNED

I can’t wait to see this view with 270 Park, 350 Park, 341 Madison, and Grand Hyatt.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2020, 12:38 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
Eons ago I interned there, at what is now JPM Private Bank. The tower has a big footprint and was pretty nice inside. I'm guessing 345 still has a couple of years till redevelopment, but who knows.

But 350 Park is long past due. Can't wait to see this tower rise.

345 Park is a hulking monster of a tower. If it ever gets redeveloped, it will be for an enormous tower on site. But it's not necessarily one of the Park Avenue towers I would prefer to go next.

https://rew-online.com/blackstone-ex...by-150000-s-f/

Quote:
December 13, 2018

“We are very pleased that Blackstone, one of the most esteemed financial services companies in the world, which has been headquartered at our building for the last 30 years, has chosen to expand at 345 Park Avenue,” said Bill Rudin, Co-Vice Chairman and CEO of Rudin Management Company, the operating arm of Rudin Family holdings. “This transaction reaffirms Blackstone’s and the Rudin Family’s commitment to Midtown East, and the strength of this pre-eminent business district.”

That was from a couple of years ago, so it makes sense they would move to 350 Park, a win/win for everyone. Those long term relationships do come in handy, even if they have to kick the tires at Hudson Yards. But this is a rare opportunity to get a new tower on Park Avenue, basically across the street from current headquarters. It's too big to pass up. Especially when you're looking for 1 msf.

Quote:
https://therealdeal.com/2020/07/29/b...-headquarters/

Blackstone eyes new 1M sf NYC headquarters
Financial giant has asked landlords to submit proposals for massive space

TRD New York
July 29, 2020

Another look at the hulking 345 Park.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2020, 1:26 PM
BANNED

If Blackstone and KPMG move, 345 Park will be virtually empty, which would be a once in a lifetime opportunity to raze it. Does the new zoning permit mixed use? If so, could you imagine how amazing 100 condos 1,600' above Park Avenue would be? I'd like to see 2m sf of office with 500k sf of condos.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2020, 3:06 PM

Quote:
For every moron who predicts NY's demise as the capital of the world!

https://therealdeal.com/2020/07/29/b...-headquarters/
No one is predicting NY's demise.

Oh and the guy from that article said this last week.....

Quote:
"The future according to Blackstone: “Less density and a lot less new construction”
https://therealdeal.com/2020/07/23/t...-construction/

Wonder what he will say next week?

Old Posted Jul 30, 2020, 3:17 PM
BANNED

Another landmark for the Financial Capital of the World.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2020, 3:47 PM

Quote:
I just scrolled through this entire thread and didn't find a single rendering that clearly shows the back of the building, i.e. the side with the gray column. The building looks nice from the angle in this photo, but may not look as nice from the back.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2020, 4:40 PM

Old Posted Jul 30, 2020, 5:37 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHigher View Post
https://therealdeal.com/2020/07/23/t...-construction/

Wonder what he will say next week?

I would suggest you actually read that article.

And then, as far as predicting the demise of NY as an office capital, there’s enough out there if you want to read it.

https://nypost.com/2020/07/29/manhat...llar-workers/P

Old Posted Jul 30, 2020, 5:42 PM
New Yorker for life

I wonder how much the design has been refined by now, and how much it will be refined by the time we get to construction. Either way, here are the proportions for the tower.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2020, 5:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
I would suggest you actually read that article.

And then, as far as predicting the demise of NY as an office capital, there’s enough out there if you want to read it.

https://nypost.com/2020/07/29/manhat...llar-workers/P
I did thanks. Did you read the most recent? You and your alts act like this is a done deal. Start date in 2023?? Yeh right.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2020, 5:58 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHigher View Post
I did thanks. Did you read the most recent? You and your alts act like this is a done deal. Start date in 2023?? Yeh right.
I see you lack basic comprehension. Go back and read the article you posted, and tell exactly what it has to do with Blackstone’s plans for 1 msf of space. As far as when the project would start, anyone coukd tell you that yhings of this magnitude (and frankly much less) are planned out years in advance. In fact, even if you didn’t know that, and spent just a little time on this forum, it’s something you should know already.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2020, 6:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
I see you lack basic comprehension. Go back and read the article you posted, and tell exactly what it has to do with Blackstone’s plans for 1 msf of space. As far as when the project would start, anyone coukd tell you that yhings of this magnitude (and frankly much less) are planned out years in advance. In fact, even if you didn’t know that, and spent just a little time on this forum, it’s something you should know already.
The article is relevant because a week later Blackstone claim they still want to push ahead with the project. All these dates are irrelevant as the city and the world is facing an ongoing crisis. So a start date of 2023 is horse shit.

After what he said last week would have dented confidence so another 'puff piece' was required a week later.

Google has said it's keeping staff at home until July 2021 at the earliest. Therefore, Hudson Yards having already lost it's mall anchor tenant is not going to best pleased. Add the massive lost of tourism and less hotels stays a year on the over rated, over priced Hudson Yards is not looking so good.

So. Why can't you get it into your thick skull??!!! New York City et all is never going to be the same again. THIS is the new normal. Who in their right mind is going to bankroll something like this and many of the other projects. There is too much risk involved in the biggest crisis the city has faced since the 1930's.

A crisis the city will never fully recover from and to do so will need to evolve in terms of office space.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2020, 6:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianowizard View Post
I just scrolled through this entire thread and didn't find a single rendering that clearly shows the back of the building, i.e. the side with the gray column. The building looks nice from the angle in this photo, but may not look as nice from the back.
The scale in this render is WAY off with respect to 432 PA and Citycorp. If this is really 1450 to the spire tips then it should appear significantly taller. My estimate per this render is 1150'.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2020, 6:25 PM
New Yorker for life

[QUOTE=SkyHigher;8996658]The article is relevant because a week later Blackstone claim they still want to push ahead with the project. [/quite]

SO, you’re telling me you still haven’t read it.

Quote:
All these dates are irrelevant as the city and the world is facing an ongoing crisis. So a start date of 2023 is horse shit.
Now, you’re just showing your ignorance. The dates are damn well relevant, because they involve lease expirations on both sides.

Quote:
After what he said last week would have dented confidence so another 'puff piece' was required a week later.

Google has said it's keeping staff at home until July 2021 at the earliest. Therefore, Hudson Yards having already lost it's mall anchor tenant is not going to best pleased. Add the massive lost of tourism and less hotels stays a year on the over rated, over priced Hudson Yards is not looking so good.
You’re a fool. The Hudson Yards is booming, even the retail space - which by the way has been affected worlwide - is already being sought after.

Quote:
So. Why can't you get it into your thick skull??!!! New York City et all is never going to be the same again. THIS is the new normal. Who in their right mind is going to bankroll something like this and many of the other projects. There is too much risk involved in the biggest crisis the city has faced since the 1930's.
So, since you have shown yourself to be unwilling to comprehend basic understanding, I’m just going to assume you are someone out to troll, and will no longer entertain you on this issue.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals