HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Aug 25, 2020, 6:20 PM

MINNEAPOLIS | 17 Washington Ave N | xxx FT | 27 FLOORS

Notification of a new proposal for a 27-story apartment building with ground floor retail at 17 Washington Ave N on the agenda for next week's DMNA meeting! Not a lot of detail at this time, but I'm sure more will be out there soon.

This site is directly adjacent to the under-construction 240/270 Hennepin project (22 floors) and a block down from the under-construction RBC Gateway project (37 floors). These two U/C projects are already totally changing the character of this area which was just last year a pretty windswept dead zone between the downtown core in the growing North Loop, really stitching the urban fabric back together.

https://www.thedmna.org/wp-content/u...te-REVISED.pdf

Quote:
17 North Washington Avenue project presented by Neil Reardon from ESG Architects
The project is a 27 story, 400+ Unit Apartment project adjacent to the under construction 270 Hennepin
Project. The project has a parking portion on the interior of block with retail and some live work spaces at level
1 fronting the streets. Some other details include the following:
 They don’t anticipate going in for Land Use Application until roughly November, the project will likely
have just a few very minimal variances to the zoning code.
 They have met with City Staff initially already and plan to be at a CoW Meeting for informal feedback
from the PC in September.
Purpose: Sharing info and responding to questions
Request: Seeking letter of support.

Old Posted Aug 25, 2020, 7:33 PM
Paradise Island

It is good to see that there are still new projects going forward in this current uncertain economic climate. It looks like it is going to replace this building which I doubt very many people will miss:

https://www.google.com/maps/@44.9826...7i16384!8i8192

Old Posted Sep 2, 2020, 5:29 AM

Project was presented to the DMNA this evening.

Details via Twitter user Rhett Carlson: https://twitter.com/rhett_carlson/st...47651387707393 .

27 floors.
429 apartments.
4,800 sqft retail.

Scaling off the other buildings in context image below, I measure ~294' to the mechanical penthouse.

Images via same twitter link above. Note the first and final two images show the currently-U/C RBC Gateway and 240/270 Hennepin Ave. Assuming this project moves forward, these three will be a total transformation of this side of the Gateway District!

Old Posted Sep 2, 2020, 10:47 PM
Paradise Island

This building is going to be a nice transition from the Warehouse District to the core.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2020, 1:53 AM

Nice, looks good! Love the colors that nod to all the brick buildings.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2020, 4:28 AM

This will look very nice with the North Loop project just a few blocks away. https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=239757

Old Posted Sep 3, 2020, 8:08 AM

I can't believe it but thing looks like the North Loop project only wider! Sorry, It's just another "Squat" box! Hopefully, they redesign this and maybe find a few more floors considering the housing shortage in this town (Minneapolis)!

Old Posted Sep 4, 2020, 2:15 AM

Plans on next week's Planning Commission Committee of the Whole agenda: https://lims.minneapolismn.gov/downl...gton%20Ave%20N

Same plans as above, but plenty of additional detail. All below images from above plans. Some are essentially repeats from the DMNA meeting, but a bunch are new.

Old Posted Sep 9, 2020, 4:48 AM

I'd love to see all these new buildings and proposals along with North Loop Green all in the same pictures.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2020, 9:13 PM

Webcam for the project next door happened to catch a drill rig on this site today, presumably taking core samples for this project:

Old Posted Mar 5, 2021, 2:15 AM

Up for approval next week: https://lims.minneapolismn.gov/downl...N%20Washington .

299', 28 (27 habitable) floors. Renderings and elevations are basically the same as in the last post above.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2021, 3:10 AM
BANNED

Nice addition to the "Mini Apple"!

Old Posted Mar 6, 2021, 7:32 AM

I love the rusted metal look. But my favorite is the staggered windows. I hope they keep both of these great qualities. They better not "value engineer" it and make look boring and cheap. That would be a big disappointment.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2021, 5:49 AM

Today.

They appear to be building just the first structural bay of the parking garage right now, so they can provide protected vehicle access to the adjacent building next door while this is under construction.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2021, 11:02 AM
BANNED

Very nice!

Old Posted Jul 25, 2021, 7:17 PM
Meh

This is a nice one. I really like it. The base meshes well with the neighborhood and is carried over to the roof, and the glass facade is modern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef View Post
It is good to see that there are still new projects going forward in this current uncertain economic climate. It looks like it is going to replace this building which I doubt very many people will miss:

https://www.google.com/maps/@44.9826...7i16384!8i8192
Do you know where the 299 foot height came from? Those elevations only show the floor numbers. Are there any you're aware of that actually show the heights? I'd love to update the building's page in SkyscraperPage's database.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2021, 8:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
This is a nice one. I really like it. The base meshes well with the neighborhood and is carried over to the roof, and the glass facade is modern.

Do you know where the 299 foot height came from? Those elevations only show the floor numbers. Are there any you're aware of that actually show the heights? I'd love to update the building's page in SkyscraperPage's database.
Here's the plan set from the entitlements process: https://lims.minneapolismn.gov/downl...N%20Washington .

If you look at sheet T1.3, elevations are provided for each habitable floor. Using that to calibrate the scale for the elevation drawings, I got 299' to the top of the mechanical penthouse.

Very unusual to have neither a graphic scale or provided elevations on the elevation drawings.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals