HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Feb 28, 2014, 4:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
"Penthouse" is a term referring to a smaller structure built atop a larger roof. It doesn't need to be a condo or even residential at all. In fact the little box that pops up at the top of an elevator shaft or stairwell is usually called a penthouse (although some people call it a doghouse lol).
Interesting. Thank you for that. I was thinking the floor plan hardly lends itself to a condo building and would be better off as offices, but I know residential developers have done more with less.

So I guess they're renovating the building and waiting for someone to come in, buy it, and then make it either condos or offices?

Old Posted Feb 28, 2014, 3:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
Ask and you shall receive!
Thank you so much! Now I wish the building next door would catch on...Jewel's food mart is the last thing that needs to go/be updated on the block!

Old Posted Feb 28, 2014, 5:37 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenderOz View Post
Interesting. Thank you for that. I was thinking the floor plan hardly lends itself to a condo building and would be better off as offices, but I know residential developers have done more with less.

So I guess they're renovating the building and waiting for someone to come in, buy it, and then make it either condos or offices?
It says on the plans office space so it's offices ... And the penthouse is a commercial penthouse ... So more offices ... Good to see the neighborhood diversifying !

408 Canal St·Demolition ·Ref Code: QYQZEY
Print Summary SubmitAdd to Watch List
Type:
Demolition
Applicant:
Todd James
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
2/18/2014 12:00:00 AM
Closed:
No
Description
This application is for the proposed demolition for the subject property. The proposed scope of word includes re-subdividing of 10 lots into one major lot of record and the proposed development of a 21 story 373 hotel building with 168 internal parking spaces.

Really moving along on this project !!!

Renovations to 801 Canal Street:

7030 Canal Blvd, suite 1·Renovation (Non-Structural) ·Ref Code: 4UM8JT
Download (3) Print Summary SubmitAdd to Watch List
Type:
Renovation (Non-Structural)
Applicant:
Raymond Bergeron
Plan Review
Date Filed:
2/18/2014 12:00:00 AM
Closed:
No
Description
6,072 s.f. tenant buildout of the Orthopedic Office.

109-11 Canal St & 6704 Canal St ·Renovation (Non-Structural) ·Permit #14-04573-RNVN ·Ref Code: YPFX6Z
Download (2) Print Summary SubmitAdd to Watch List
Type:
Applicant:
Ella Mcculloch
Permit Issued
Date Filed:
2/11/2014 12:00:00 AM
Closed:
No
Description
Remove existing metal storefront and kneewall, install new kneewall, doors & hurricane fabric to match existing starbucks. No use and occupancy under this permit. No electrical and no mechanical under this permit.

La Ciura Project on Julia:

808 Baronne Renovation:

3220 Chartres St·HDLC COA ·Ref Code: CX76SM
Type:
HDLC COA
Applicant:
Studio Wta
HDLC NO ARC Meeting
Date Filed:
12/10/2013 12:00:00 AM
Closed:
No
Description
Construct three-story commercial building on existing vacant lot.

1511 Basin Street·HDLC COA ·Ref Code: JPQ5N3
Type:
HDLC COA
Applicant:
Rick Fifield
HDLC NO Hearing
Date Filed:
11/22/2013 12:00:00 AM
Closed:
No
Description
Construction of 3,780 sq. ft. covered parking garage.

Last edited by tennis1400; Feb 28, 2014 at 9:40 PM.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2014, 3:49 AM

Update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sguil1 View Post
Plans For 21-Story Hotel Head to Architectural Review Comm

A proposed 21-story hotel that would take over the corner of Tchoupitoulas and Canal Streets is first up on the agenda for the Central Business District Historic District Landmarks Commission's Architectural Review Committee's meeting Tuesday, February 25. Plans for the 373-room, $120 million development with 168 parking spots call for knocking out three historic buildings and the corner t-shirt shop at 103, 105, 109, and 111 Tchoupitoulas Street

http://nola.curbed.com/archives/2014...the-agenda.php
Any news about this meeting? Must have been a quite event.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2014, 1:56 AM
life is good

I knew yall wouldn't be posting during Mardi Gras

Old Posted Mar 3, 2014, 12:46 AM

I wish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eightball View Post
I knew yall wouldn't be posting during Mardi Gras
It's left to those of us who are not living in our favorite city. Tuesday is just another day in the cold north.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2014, 1:15 AM
TL;DR

^ Amen... although I have done my fair share of partying.

I like the Corner W proposal. Makes more sense than a Foot Locker, even if there's a full-fledged Walgreens a block away. It's a shame that nothing is planned for floors 3-4 of that building though.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2014, 3:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
^ Amen... although I have done my fair share of partying.

I like the Corner W proposal. Makes more sense than a Foot Locker, even if there's a full-fledged Walgreens a block away. It's a shame that nothing is planned for floors 3-4 of that building though.
There's no pharmacy in that full-fledged Walgreens lol.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2014, 5:20 PM
life is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by York1 View Post
It's left to those of us who are not living in our favorite city. Tuesday is just another day in the cold north.

Happy Lundi Gras ya'll! I'm gonna try to snap a couple of pics later today.

http://www.nola.com/arts/index.ssf/2...orleans_r.html

Interesting article on new park

Last edited by Eightball; Mar 3, 2014 at 6:35 PM.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2014, 7:44 PM
Undercover Carpetbagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickapedia View Post
Full City Biz article:
International Shipholding Corp. has closed on its purchase of a 32,000-square-foot Warehouse District property that will be home to the company.

According to the listing’s marketing package, the property consists of a warehouse structure that dates back to 1885

ISH President Erik Johnsen said the company is working with architect Peter Trapolin of Trapolin-Peer on designs for the building’s renovations. construction should begin by the summer, completion date late 2015, operations by 2016.

ISH, which owns a global fleet of cargo ships and specializes in moving bulk cargo, industrial equipment and military vehicles, announced earlier this month its plans to return its corporate offices to New Orleans after leaving the city for Mobile in the wake of Hurricane Katrina.

Great news! Always good to hear of companies returning to the city. I hoped one day Lykes Steamship would return to Nola from Tampa/St. Petersburg. Their departure was a big blow to the city.

Last edited by 937Nola; Mar 3, 2014 at 8:20 PM.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2014, 8:19 PM
Undercover Carpetbagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 937Nola View Post
Great news! Always good to hear of companies returning to the city. I hope one day Lykes Steamship will return to Nola from Tampa/St. Petersburg. Their departure was a big blow to the city.
But I guess that wouldn't be possible since the Company was absorbed and dismantled into another shipping company!!!

Old Posted Mar 3, 2014, 9:39 PM

Nice little bit of news for the CBD:
Tulane is moving its school of Social Work from the uptown campus to 127 Elk Place, a very beautiful building. It should be a nice boost to this area which is next to the Joy and Saenger Theaters and across from the new apartments at Elk Place.
http://www.nola.com/education/index...._river_default

Also, it looks like the Carver Theater is very close to opening. It's great to see this long blighted structure being brought back and should be a great addition to the area. I wish the owner luck!

http://www.nola.com/arts/index.ssf/2..._river_default

Old Posted Mar 3, 2014, 10:03 PM
life is good

http://neworleanscitybusiness.com/bl...t-cbd-project/

2nd phase of 925 common moving forward

Old Posted Mar 4, 2014, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eightball View Post
http://neworleanscitybusiness.com/bl...t-cbd-project/

2nd phase of 925 common moving forward

I don't have a NOCB subscription, but I wasn't aware that there was a Phase II planned for 925 Common.

I'm currently interviewing for a new job that would get me back down to NOLA (fingers crossed) and read the reviews on 925 Common... not good at all...

Can anyone help fill me in? I hope they fix the exterior of the building... it looks pretty bad from what I've seen.

Oh, and if anyone has suggestions for apartments in the $1000-$1350 range for a studio/1 BR around downtown please let me know!

Old Posted Mar 4, 2014, 1:59 PM

Jazzland Rebirth...

Happy Mardi Gras...

Here we go again...

Jazzland Plans Revealed After Proposal Deadline Passes

Friday marked the proposal deadline for the former Six Flags spot and while the Industrial Development Board (they own the property) have yet to spill the beans on any development details, the Jazzland Theme Park's plans are now entirely public...

http://nola.curbed.com/archives/2014...-tells-all.php

http://www.jazzlandpark.com/index.html

https://www.facebook.com/JazzlandPark

Old Posted Mar 4, 2014, 4:52 PM
life is good

http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/73028294@N00/12930460154/

I took some bad photos of 7th ward church/school renos, the hospital site and parking garage, carver theater etc.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2014, 8:23 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by typo86 View Post
Happy Mardi Gras...

Here we go again...

Jazzland Plans Revealed After Proposal Deadline Passes

Friday marked the proposal deadline for the former Six Flags spot and while the Industrial Development Board (they own the property) have yet to spill the beans on any development details, the Jazzland Theme Park's plans are now entirely public...

http://nola.curbed.com/archives/2014...-tells-all.php

http://www.jazzlandpark.com/index.html

https://www.facebook.com/JazzlandPark
After taking sometime and reading the proposal it seems very well thought out. I dont know a ton about the theme park industry but from what I can see they seem right on point with the trends in the industry. Especially trying to avoid appealing to the tween/teen market. Most families dont want a place that feels like a teen hangout since they seem to be very unruly and misbehaved. So I can see them doing well with the target market they have. ALso, the water park is seriously legit if built as shown. These things will be successful if they charge enough to keep the quality of the people up and that it isnt too crowded. Also, addressing the shade issue is a very big deal too. I remember the few times I went to Jazzland that you would be friend by the sun. Seems like Dollywood is the closest comparison to what they are going for with this and thats probably a wise choice. Interesting to see that they project being open by next summer and the theme park will be open all year too. Havent seen any of the other proposals yet but this one seems to hit all the right points all the while filling a need for something that is missing in our region. If new orleans wants to get to 13 million visitors by 2018 expanding the type of offerings we have will be critical.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2014, 8:28 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenderOz View Post
I don't have a NOCB subscription, but I wasn't aware that there was a Phase II planned for 925 Common.

I'm currently interviewing for a new job that would get me back down to NOLA (fingers crossed) and read the reviews on 925 Common... not good at all...

Can anyone help fill me in? I hope they fix the exterior of the building... it looks pretty bad from what I've seen.

Oh, and if anyone has suggestions for apartments in the $1000-$1350 range for a studio/1 BR around downtown please let me know!
Good luck with the job search. Try contacting the Saratoga Lofts... they would have a studio in that price range. I think my friend got the last available unit but surely there is a waiting list for it. The woodward lofts might fit that budget too.

as for 925 Common Im confused about that as well. Hope they improve the facade a bit and actually improve the ground floor level.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2014, 8:45 PM
life is good

Article is mainly about financing but mentions it's an expansion into the former Fairmont hotel space? Re 925

And if I were you I would get an apt in the FQ (residential side closer to the Marigny) and go car free or car lite.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2014, 10:28 PM
-

1 Poydras St, Suite 226·New Construction ·Ref Code: ZSQGH0
Type:
New Construction
Applicant:
Thomas Hughes
Draft Application
Date Filed:
3/3/2014 5:29:47 PM
Closed:
No
Description
Build out of tenant space for use of Ice cream parlor

2700 Tulane Ave·Renovation (Non-Structural) ·Ref Code: MT7ZKG
Download (10) Print Summary SubmitAdd to Watch List
Type:
Applicant:
Brian Faucheux
Zoning Review
Date Filed:
2/17/2014 12:00:00 AM
Closed:
No
Description
Permit I (New Sheriff Offices) - See Floor Plan AA2031 - The work to build the New Sheriff Offices ( including Squad Room) and associated areas (see plans and specs) will take place once other spaces have been built for the relocation of current occupants ( in area of New Sheriff Offices) during the first part of Permit 2 work. Permit I is a portion of Part A work - Improvements to open spaces for construction of two new Courtrooms per plans.

820 Poydras St [Drury Inn New Orleans]·Attached Sign ·Ref Code: 55RRCS
Download (1) Print Summary SubmitAdd to Watch List
Type:
Attached Sign
Applicant:
Krisandra Lippert
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
2/28/2014 12:00:00 AM
Closed:
No
Description
Installation of two (2) blade signs and one (1) wall mounted channel letter sign.

1 Poydras St·Renovation (Structural) ·Ref Code: AVNA3Z
Type:
Renovation (Structural)
Applicant:
Jim McCaffrey
Draft Application
Date Filed:
2/25/2014 5:49:55 PM
Closed:
No
Description
New outdoor pavilion, renovation of existing pavilion, pole light fixture replacement, renovation of pedestrian ramps for accessibility, new landscaping

333 Poydras St·Renovation (Non-Structural) ·Ref Code: A447ND
Download (6) Print Summary SubmitAdd to Watch List
Type:
Applicant:
Wendy Kerrgian
Zoning Review
Date Filed:
2/12/2014 12:00:00 AM
Closed:
No
Description
Interior renovation of existing hotel at guest room floors including ADA upgrades
This is for the Le Meridien Hotel replacing the W Poydras... so looks like this is getting ready to move forward quickly... btw does anyone know whats the status on the World Trade Center deal... been awhile

1 Poydras St Suite 282·Renovation (Non-Structural) ·Ref Code: QL1ANX
Download (4) Print Summary SubmitAdd to Watch List
Type:
Applicant:
Mathew Wellhausen
Zoning Review
Date Filed:
2/12/2014 12:00:00 AM
Closed:
No
Description
Tenant build-out for 1051sf retail suite (Sunglass Warehouse - Suite 282) in Riverwalk Outlet development as per plans.

916 Lafayette St·Repair · Permit #13-27500-REPR ·Ref Code: 50QXU7
Pay Fees Download (2) Print Summary SubmitAdd to Watch List
Type:
Repair
Applicant:
Gg Projects, LLC
Application Review
Date Filed:
6/19/2013 12:00:00 AM
Closed:
No
Description
General repairs to the residential units in existiing mixed use building(1-residential unit and 2-commercial units). No exterior work under this permit.

Last edited by tennis1400; Mar 4, 2014 at 11:36 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations