HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction

Old Posted Dec 18, 2021, 2:03 AM

Based on what’s being said in the recent posts, this building will slightly be taller than we thought it was going to be?

Old Posted Dec 18, 2021, 2:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeshoredrive View Post
Based on what’s being said in the recent posts, this building will slightly be taller than we thought it was going to be?
No idea. Only that construction has deviated from published plans apparently. So a deviation 'opens the door' that the height may have changed a little. Conceivably it could be even shorter but I think that's unlikely given that the first setback is now maybe 18 ft higher than where it was going to be. Just gotta wait and see.

I imagine the core tops out in January (unless they stop for the steel to catch up again) and then the crown/top stuff is finished in February or March. I think they have like 4 or 5 more levels to go on the core.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2021, 4:04 AM

So the final height will be about 15ft above published. Have this on good info. 3 floors with a extra couple feet each

Old Posted Dec 18, 2021, 5:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briguy View Post
So the final height will be about 15ft above published. Have this on good info. 3 floors with a extra couple feet each
Woot! Every little bit helps. Especially given the similar heights of surrounding buildings. So that would make this 850 ft structural height and 828 ft from city datum I believe.

15 ft would also move it past One Bennett Park and Park Tower in height. But who's counting?

Old Posted Dec 18, 2021, 3:05 PM

The height bump is welcome news, even if just a dozen more.

I'm hoping they handle the mechanical louvers and crown well. If they nail the details on this, it will be a great addition to the city and river.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2021, 3:38 PM
devout Pizzatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivernorthlurker View Post
But who's counting?
Certainly not any nerds on this forum

But yeah, every extra additional foot they can squeeze outta this one is helpful, if not terribly meaningful.

I'll edit thread title if/when we can get confirmation on a new height figure.

Last edited by Steely Dan; Dec 18, 2021 at 4:41 PM.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2021, 4:18 PM

If they could just add some significant lighting to this structure as its in such a prominent spot, this development could end up being a great one.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2021, 4:58 PM

Morning of 12.18

The two mechanical floors -- 38-39 -- seem clearly visible. Counting up from there, the highest visible opening in the core is at 57, which should be the last rentable floor. If that's right, the floor plate they're currently working on (with the bit of steel on the right) seems like it should be the first setback?

Old Posted Dec 19, 2021, 5:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoatman View Post
If they could just add some significant lighting to this structure as its in such a prominent spot, this development could end up being a great one.
Renders show lighting plans. Eg this from https://www.333wolfpoint.com/visionaries/

I think it looks good and that's a pretty large area of lighting, like 50 feet or more of those strips on the roof. Also assuming they participate in the city's colored lighting program for holidays that could be really dramatic to see some pinks/purples/greens etc.

Also gotta visualize that extra 15' now

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiRy View Post
Doesnt chicago have little lighting because of bird issues? This isnt china where its all "fuck nature"
Maybe you are thinking of signage? I feel like there's plenty of lighting in Chicago. Though it tends to mostly be commercial buildings and not residential

Old Posted Dec 22, 2021, 8:57 PM

Looks like there's no more bonus floors.

The setback is being framed out, looking great!

Source: I work from home and have a clear view of it.

Old Posted Dec 22, 2021, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet48 View Post
Looks like there's no more bonus floors.

The setback is being framed out, looking great!

Source: I work from home and have a clear view of it.
I feel like this is the end of a bonus round on a slot machine...... Like we all picked those random boxes in the middle of the screen where you could win anything from 3 extra floors to 10 extra floors. We got 3 extra floors (or more?).

Old Posted Dec 25, 2021, 2:03 AM

Dec 18

Old Posted Dec 30, 2021, 1:19 AM

A recent post on Salesforce tower from Chicago Yimby's tallest u/c countdown. Includes many great recent photos by Jack Crawford including some interesting vantages taken from West Loop.

Enjoy! https://chicagoyimby.com/2021/12/sal...n-project.html

Old Posted Dec 30, 2021, 8:24 AM

Quote:
A recent post on Salesforce tower from Chicago Yimby's tallest u/c countdown. Includes many great recent photos by Jack Crawford including some interesting vantages taken from West Loop.

Enjoy! https://chicagoyimby.com/2021/12/sal...n-project.html
is 835' accurate given the speculated floor bump?

Old Posted Dec 30, 2021, 9:15 AM

I don't know how you gain 15 feet in height and 3 more floors! 3 floors minimum would be around 42 feet +-! Anyway, I do like the signage on top.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2021, 9:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallBob View Post
I don't know how you gain 15 feet in height and 3 more floors! 3 floors minimum would be around 42 feet +-! Anyway, I do like the signage on top.
I think the number of floors is supposed to be the same, just slightly higher ceilings. So 5' height increase on average across 3 floors = 15'.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2021, 9:48 AM
A before E

I really love seeing Wolf Point West finally getting built up. It is gonna be so great to one day get back to Chicago to see all that has changed.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2021, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife View Post
I really love seeing Wolf Point West finally getting built up. It is gonna be so great to one day get back to Chicago to see all that has changed.
But .... think of what we have lost

The parking

The natural river front

The view of the Holiday Inn !

Old Posted Dec 30, 2021, 11:49 AM

Quote:
I think the number of floors is supposed to be the same, just slightly higher ceilings. So 5' height increase on average across 3 floors = 15'.
Here's a photo from yesterday:

Counting up from the mechanical floors, 58 has the smaller opening to the elevators, consistent with that being mechanical on the stacking plan with just one elevator bank.

In terms of extra height, if the stacking plan was to scale, then 51 looks to me like it got significantly extended.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2021, 1:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewbs View Post
Here's a photo from yesterday:

Counting up from the mechanical floors, 58 has the smaller opening to the elevators, consistent with that being mechanical on the stacking plan with just one elevator bank.

In terms of extra height, if the stacking plan was to scale, then 51 looks to me like it got significantly extended.
Thx for pic. Yeah 51 got extended but 50 got shortened. The first setback was originally between 50 to 51 and they changed that from 51 to 52 I believe. It's hard to tell if those new floors 52 and 53 are set back from 51 but I think someone said earlier they are. Those other floors 52 and 53 do look a little larger as well compared to 47 and 48 so maybe some height was added to those too.

Hard to eyeball from photos from the river against number of pixels on a schematic - but here at SSP our speculative abilities know no limits.

Additionally it seems that Floor 57 will be the 'Ohana Floor" I'm assuming?

Quote:
An events penthouse
Rather than a penthouse, an events space — or “Ohana floor” — will occupy the top floor of Salesforce’s Chicago tower. It will be the company’s sixth Ohana floor and feature what Schneider describes as a staffed “exposition kitchen” that offers 360-degree views of Chicago and Lake Michigan.

By day, the Ohana floor will host employee events and meetings with clients. After hours and on weekends, though, it will be available free of charge to nonprofit organizations that want to book it for fundraising events. To date, Salesforce offerings like the Ohana rooms have helped charitable causes raise $5.1 million, according to Schneider.

Benioff has said this spirit of giving is the company’s “secret weapon.”

“By integrating philanthropy into our business model our employees feel that they do much more than just work at our company.”
via https://www.builtinchicago.org/2019/...chicago-office

Gotta figure out a way to get up there when it's done ha.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction