HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Sep 29, 2021, 1:39 PM

CONSHOHOCKEN, PA | 400 West Elm Street | 134 FT | 13 FLOORS

Conshohocken, PA is located 15 miles from Center City, Philadelphia, in Montgomery County. It is accessible to Center City by highway or train.

Title: 400 West Elm
Project: Residential
Architect: ??
Developer: Equus
County: Montgomery County
Floors: 13 Floors
Height: 134 Feet

Quote:
A proposal to build a 348 unit apartment community at 400 West Elm Street (between West Elm Street and the railroad tracks) in Conshohocken has received its preliminary/final land development approval. Conshohocken’s Borough Council voted 6-0 (Borough Council President Colleen Leonard was absent) to grant the approval during its August 18th meeting.

The development had previously been granted a conditional use from the borough council to allow the residential use and variances involving building bulk and building within the flood plain.

During a previous meeting, a representative of Equus, the developer, stated that the project is expected to break ground in the fall of 2021.
Read/view more here:
https://morethanthecurve.com/third-a...-conshohocken/

And here:
https://morethanthecurve.com/develop...-conshohocken/

Old Posted Sep 29, 2021, 2:14 PM
Philly Rising Up!

^
Conshy is becoming a solid satellite city with more and more builds. You can see the larger buildings off I-476 heading northbound.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2021, 4:42 PM

The way Conshohocken is developing reminds me of many of the satellite cities around DC. Now only if the Manayunk/Norristown line ran with similar frequency as the Metro. That line is very underutilized given the density of East Falls, Manayunk, Conshy, Norristown

Old Posted Oct 16, 2021, 2:45 PM
Me?!?

Third new apartment community in Conshohocken nearing groundbreaking

Once Equus breaks ground, there will be a total of 936 apartment units under construction between the Matsonford Bridge and the steel plant. Already under construction are 304 units from LCOR at 51 Washington and 280 units from High Street Residential at 101 Washington Street.

https://morethanthecurve.com/third-n...roundbreaking/

Old Posted Oct 25, 2021, 7:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastSideHBG View Post
Third new apartment community in Conshohocken nearing groundbreaking

Once Equus breaks ground, there will be a total of 936 apartment units under construction between the Matsonford Bridge and the steel plant. Already under construction are 304 units from LCOR at 51 Washington and 280 units from High Street Residential at 101 Washington Street.

https://morethanthecurve.com/third-n...roundbreaking/
Looks like work might already be ramping up on this one! Nice!

Old Posted Oct 26, 2021, 2:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
Looks like work might already be ramping up on this one! Nice!
I go by this all the time--how can this site support a development of that size? It can't be more than 100' from the road to the railway. What am I missing?

Old Posted Oct 26, 2021, 6:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualWorker View Post
I go by this all the time--how can this site support a development of that size? It can't be more than 100' from the road to the railway. What am I missing?
Measuring on Google maps has the railroad about 350' from the road at the closest part. The Schuylkill River Trail and power lines look to be about 100' so maybe that's what you're thinking of?

If maps is accurate, I would think both of those would need to be rerouted for this development to work, but that's obviously easier than rerouting train tracks.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2021, 4:26 PM

New apartment building in Conshohocken set to break ground. Billed as “Conshohocken’s first ultra-luxury residential offering”

Quote:
Today, MoreThanTheCurve.com received a press release announcing that the development had closed on the first round of financing which would allow construction to begin. We also learned that the apartment community would be named 400 West Elm.

Equus Capital Partners, a national real estate developer and real estate investment manager, and USAA Real Estate have closed on a joint venture and first round of financing, clearing the way for construction to begin on 400 West Elm.

The 348-unit, Class A apartment community is being billed as “Conshohocken’s first ultra-luxury residential offering, with unparalleled views, high-end finishes, coveted location, and top-notch amenities.”

A few specifics about 400 West Elm:

-The property is 10 acres,
-The building will be 12-stories
-Amentities will include
-State of the art fitness center
-Spacious courtyard with outdoor kitchens
-Resort style pool with lap lanes
-A 12th-story entertainment lounge, and a rooftop deck with 360-degree views of Conshohocken and its surroundings.
-In-building flexible office suites, a conference room, and private work rooms for concentration and privacy.
-Then the everyday amenities like a concierge, maintenance-free living, package delivery, bike storage, pet grooming services, dry-cleaning services, etc
Read/view more here:
https://morethanthecurve.com/new-apa...tial-offering/

Old Posted Oct 28, 2021, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly_account12 View Post
Measuring on Google maps has the railroad about 350' from the road at the closest part. The Schuylkill River Trail and power lines look to be about 100' so maybe that's what you're thinking of?

If maps is accurate, I would think both of those would need to be rerouted for this development to work, but that's obviously easier than rerouting train tracks.
That's interesting, I assumed the Trail was on public property and could not be moved. And to be clear, I'd like to see this get built!

Old Posted Oct 28, 2021, 4:17 PM

From the Montgomery County website: The Schuylkill River Trail in Montgomery County is an 18-mile, multi-use trail that runs from Philadelphia to Mont Clare. It was built on the Pennsylvania Railroad right of way and parallels the scenic Schuylkill River as it passes through various townships and boroughs.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2021, 2:45 PM
Chris

Equus Capital starts development on two suburban Philadelphia apartment buildings

https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...buildings.html

More details on this project, and another in Newtown Square. It's exciting to see a true high-rise residential building in the suburbs. I wish the KoP town center implemented more of that, it would look great with some 10-15 story buildings.

"One project is in Conshohocken and the other in Newtown Square and both seek to capture a renter who is willing to pay up for high-end finishes and an array of amenities that are reminiscent of those provided by five-star hotels."

"The more ambitious of the two is at 400 W. Elm St. in Conshohocken and referred to as 400 West Elm. Billed as “ultra-luxury,” the project veers from low-rise, stick built apartment buildings commonly developed throughout the suburbs. Instead, 400 West Elms will be a high-rise, standing at 12 stories with 348 apartments and built with steel."

Old Posted Dec 7, 2021, 5:15 PM

Development Begins On 400 West Elm, 13-Story, 348-Unit Residential High-Rise At 400 West Elm Street In Conshohocken, PA

Read/view more here:
https://phillyyimby.com/2021/12/deve...hocken-pa.html

Old Posted Dec 7, 2021, 5:20 PM

I must've missed the part where the 63rd/Ashland got extended to Philadelphia...

Old Posted Dec 13, 2021, 5:54 PM

The Town, The Suburb, And The Urban Spirit: A Detailed Look At 400 West Elm, 13-Story, 348-Unit High-Rise Underway At 400 West Elm Street In Conshohocken, PA

Rendering:

Site plan:

Read/view more here:
https://phillyyimby.com/2021/12/the-...hocken-pa.html

Old Posted Dec 14, 2021, 1:05 AM

I love seeing Conshohocken build up but damn so much parking. Even after all of this new construction, everything feels so disconnected.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2021, 1:20 AM
Philly Rising Up!

^
even the residential streets with the rowhomes give a different vibe. it's like a tract of rowhomes but doesn't have that neighborhood feel to it. And, I wasn't impress with its "downtown" area where the bars and restaurants were located. I guess the office complexes that were recently built are utilizing its proximity to the interstate as its biggest reason to plop down where it did for the sake of the commuters, at least that's what I saw to be obvious went I visited it a few months back. For now, it doesn't give that vibe of live, work, shop, dine ecosystem that other places like the KOP town center gives.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2021, 4:49 PM

^ You capture the Conshy vibe (or lack thereof) very well.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2022, 11:01 PM

Passed by today on the train and definitely a lot of activity going on.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2022, 7:15 PM

Old Posted Apr 13, 2022, 3:02 AM

Drove by on the highway a day ago, there was a crane there, didn't look like a tower crane, more so one to assemble it. Are we potentially that far along on this?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive