HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction

Old Posted Apr 12, 2022, 8:16 PM

Awesome either way! Glad this is officially starting construction and only a few months from being able to be moved to the "under construction" sub forum.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2022, 8:18 PM

I'm still really confused on the height of this thing. How can it be the same number of floors, but have lost 79 feet? We got the 400+ figure from the CDR packet. What gives?

Old Posted Apr 13, 2022, 2:40 AM

^ Could they have possibly shrunken floor heights, and the fins on top? Those fins looked to be at least a solid 50 ft, but I'm no expert so...

Old Posted Apr 13, 2022, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
I'm still really confused on the height of this thing. How can it be the same number of floors, but have lost 79 feet? We got the 400+ figure from the CDR packet. What gives?
Vaulted ceilings are SO in right now.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2022, 5:26 PM

Lower ceilings, perhaps instead of 12 ft, you can make it 10ft. Two feet off each floor adds up. And maybe, lobby won't be as grand with super high ceilings as well, I presume.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2022, 1:45 PM

Well, it went from super-cool to ho-hum but I will take it. Update from Yimby:

YIMBY Shares Renderings Of Revised Design For 210 South 12th Street In Center City

https://phillyyimby.com/2022/04/new-...nter-city.html

Old Posted Apr 21, 2022, 2:07 PM
Chris

^ Has the street level design changed? Hard to tell from the one render. The height reduction and loss of the fins is a bummer, but if that results in a top notch street presence, then I'm not upset about it.

Also happy this is moving along. Now all eyes shift to Jewelers Row...

Old Posted Apr 21, 2022, 2:12 PM

Disappointing but might be the case that it will look better than the final renderings when built. Hard to tell.

What’s weird about this is that neither renderings have the building taking up the whole block - just halfway. Will there be an empty lot next door then?

Old Posted Apr 21, 2022, 2:16 PM

I'm fine with this change. I still think this building looks good. Very good massing.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2022, 2:20 PM

I actually prefer this version. The prior iterations just seemed awkward to me.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2022, 2:52 PM

I slightly prefer this design, I thought the blank fins and large mechanical floor were awkward in the original. Everything else seems to be the same or similar, they just put less gloss and shine on the render lol

Old Posted Apr 21, 2022, 3:00 PM

I'm fine with this. Still wish it was over 400 feet but oh well... glad this is moving forward either way.

It doesn't look to me like the ground floor has changed all that much. There are renderings on Midwood's website here:
https://midwoodid.com/portfolio/200-south-12th-street

Old Posted Apr 21, 2022, 3:04 PM
Philly Rising Up!

^^^
Looks good to me. Very upscale and I'm a fan of lots of glass at street level since activity can be seen inside/outside of the bldg.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2022, 3:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
I'm fine with this. Still wish it was over 400 feet but oh well... glad this is moving forward either way.

It doesn't look to me like the ground floor has changed all that much. There are renderings on Midwood's website here:
https://midwoodid.com/portfolio/200-south-12th-street
I still can’t quite wrap my head around it. The street level renderings have it extending the entire block along 12th but the aerial has it halfway. Wonder if the final product will be a bit less slender than the renderings?

Old Posted Apr 21, 2022, 3:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyhigh07 View Post
I still can’t quite wrap my head around it. The street level renderings have it extending the entire block along 12th but the aerial has it halfway. Wonder if the final product will be a bit less slender than the renderings?
I think you're forgetting that Saint James St exists. The ground floor renderings only have it running from Saint James to Chancellor, which is reflected in the larger renderings.

Edit: now I see. I wasn't looking close enough at the taller rendering before. What I imagine is the case is that the building will indeed stretch from St James to Chancellor, considering those smaller structures in the big rendering are gone.

Last edited by mcgrath618; Apr 21, 2022 at 3:38 PM.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2022, 3:35 PM

Quote:
The write-up mentions a third floor amenity deck with an outdoor pool. It could be that said amenity deck is on the north side of the building. That would explain the gap along 12th in the taller renders.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2022, 3:37 PM

Quote:
I think you're forgetting that Saint James St exists. The ground floor renderings only have it running from Saint James to Chancellor, which is reflected in the larger renderings.
Hm, right, but the larger renderings for some reason include the three buildings to the right which have been demolished. It doesn’t seem like it extends to Chancellor.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2022, 3:38 PM

Quote:
Hm, right, but the larger renderings for some reason include the three buildings to the right which have been demolished. It doesn’t seem like it extends to Chancellor. Unless I’m missing something?

Old Posted Apr 21, 2022, 3:39 PM

Quote:
Hm, right, but the larger renderings for some reason include the three buildings to the right which have been demolished. It doesn’t seem like it extends to Chancellor. Unless I’m missing something?
Damn, wasn't fast enough with my edit.
I don't think you're missing anything. I think it's just an error on the bigger renderings. Should still look mostly the same.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2022, 3:44 PM

Quote:
Damn, wasn't fast enough with my edit.
I don't think you're missing anything. I think it's just an error on the bigger renderings. Should still look mostly the same.
Could be. If it were double as wide though, I’d imagine it’d look quite different. Unless, they’re planning on leaving the lot on Chancellor vacant as a construction work site with plans for a low rise retail addition there in the future. Or like you said maybe it’s sort of an error/optical illusion thing.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction