HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jan 28, 2017, 6:04 PM

Some updates I took yesterday.

609 Main

20170127_154354 by Darius Fontenette, on Flickr

20170127_154359 by Darius Fontenette, on Flickr

20170127_154450 by Darius Fontenette, on Flickr

20170127_154454 by Darius Fontenette, on Flickr

20170127_160006 by Darius Fontenette, on Flickr

20170127_160117 by Darius Fontenette, on Flickr

Aris Market Square

20170127_160033 by Darius Fontenette, on Flickr

Catalyst

20170127_155943 by Darius Fontenette, on Flickr

Alexan Downtown rising behind the Great Southwest Building

20170127_155946 by Darius Fontenette, on Flickr

801 Texas (former Chronicle building)

20170127_155206 by Darius Fontenette, on Flickr

Latitude Med Center & Intercontinental Hotel

20170127_103521 by Darius Fontenette, on Flickr

Texas Children's Expansion

20170127_103530 by Darius Fontenette, on Flickr

20170127_103020 by Darius Fontenette, on Flickr

20170127_105748-1 by Darius Fontenette, on Flickr

Old Posted Jan 28, 2017, 9:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbannizer View Post
The Isabella at Midtown

Surge Homes has officially launched this 208-unit condo mid-rise at 4001 Main.

New Midtown condo project to open in late 2019

Quote:
The Isabella at Midtown, a 208-unit condominium development, is scheduled to open in December 2019.

Surge Homes, the developer, has opened early reservation for the complex, at 4001 Main St. -- at Main and Isabella streets. The midrise building will have lofts, one-, two- and three-bedroom units from 420 to 1,880 square feet.

Prices range from the $150,000s to the $600,000s, according to Surge Homes.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2017, 12:50 AM

255 Assay Street

First residential project for Generation Park announced.

Quote:
255 Assay Street is the first luxury apartment building to be built in Redemption Square, the urban walkable lifestyle district in Generation Park. Currently under design, 255 Assay St is expected to begin construction mid-2017 with move-ins expected mid-2018.

Updated website: http://generationpark.com/overview/

Old Posted Jan 30, 2017, 3:20 AM
favorite son

^^^ welcome to downtown houston BUD'S PITMASTER BBQ! this is going to become one POPULAR bbq joint in AH......

Old Posted Jan 31, 2017, 2:37 AM
Voice of the Modern World

HOU is now overdue for a new development thread. This one passed 10k finally. Lemme know if you need any help putting one together, I would be happy to help. Houstonians don't appear to be a chatty bunch IMO. Someone posts renderings or update pix or projects and it is followed up with 2-3 replies. No more than 4-5 replies and that is only on rare occasions too. It stretches the lifespan of threads out to 10 years when its mostly just updates, new project info, or pix IMO.

Then I look at development threads for other cities and those people can talk 24/7 365 a year. Pages and pages of discussion about everything and everyone gets their 2 cents in about everything. I have to start digging back to old pages just to find the projects or update pix they're having lengthy discussions on.

FWIW I like the HOU development thread better than those other cities development threads. I like to see the relevant info as soon as possible without digging deep into the threads soul to find it IMO

Thanks guys for being class acts! Special thanks to Urbannizer for his hard work updating HOU projects!

Old Posted Jan 31, 2017, 12:21 PM
Ya Dig!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by N90 View Post
HOU is now overdue for a new development thread. This one passed 10k finally. Lemme know if you need any help putting one together, I would be happy to help. Houstonians don't appear to be a chatty bunch IMO. Someone posts renderings or update pix or projects and it is followed up with 2-3 replies. No more than 4-5 replies and that is only on rare occasions too. It stretches the lifespan of threads out to 10 years when its mostly just updates, new project info, or pix IMO.

Then I look at development threads for other cities and those people can talk 24/7 365 a year. Pages and pages of discussion about everything and everyone gets their 2 cents in about everything. I have to start digging back to old pages just to find the projects or update pix they're having lengthy discussions on.

FWIW I like the HOU development thread better than those other cities development threads. I like to see the relevant info as soon as possible without digging deep into the threads soul to find it IMO

Thanks guys for being class acts! Special thanks to Urbannizer for his hard work updating HOU projects!
I think a big part of that is because Houston has it's own forum. Houston has had enough developments the last 10 years to have 3 or 4 different threads but most conversations are on other sites. It's pretty much the same thing with Dallas and Fort Worth.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2017, 4:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N90 View Post

I agree. Im still looking for "HOUSTON | Developement Thread I".

Apparently some guy named dylan wiped the database or something like that.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2017, 7:08 PM
Dryer lint inspector

There used to be a software requirement that threads cap out at around 10k posts. Don't think that's the case anymore. There are several other threads with 10k or higher posts. We can still start over with a new one if that's what everyone wants...

Old Posted Jan 31, 2017, 8:32 PM

I say "It ain't broken don't fix it." The last time we created a new heading for suburban and non-high rise projects it lasted about 3 months. HAIF is the place for the day to day minutia and tit-for-tat...I like that this is a pretty much a summary. In terms of the number of posts, I personally skip to the last page and enjoy getting about a weeks worth of news in one place. BUT if I want to search and see what that project looked like two years ago I can do that too.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2017, 12:39 AM

I'll just put my 2 cents in right here.

Agreed, it's awesome to not see much conversation in the threads but photos and articles of all the fantastic development coming along.

I'm not sure if Urbanizer is male or female, so I'll just agree and say "they" do a fantastic job! This thread would be 1/2 the size without their hard work and effort.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2017, 1:13 AM

I also prefer just a summary of updates, but it's whatever.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2017, 8:10 PM

I doesn't matter to me either way. I'm down if you guys want to start another thread.

Last edited by JoninATX; Feb 1, 2017 at 10:20 PM.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2017, 10:18 PM

Groundbreaking planned for luxury condo in Museum District

Quote:
By Paul Takahashi
Jan. 31. 2017

The Houston developer has secured construction financing from Galveston-based Moody National Bank and is awaiting final city permitting to begin construction next month.
http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/n...ury-condo.html

Old Posted Feb 1, 2017, 10:19 PM

In-N-Out Burger closing on land in Houston

Quote:
By Cara Smith
Jan. 31. 2017

an Irvine, California-based burger chain with a cult following, will soon close on land in Houston, CBRE's Jazz Hamilton said.

The company is closing on multiples sites in Houston and will announce its entry into the Bayou City this year, said Hamilton, who was speaking at CBRE's press luncheon on Jan. 31. Rumors of In-N-Out Burger mulling a Houston opening have been circulating for years.
http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/n...n-houston.html

Old Posted Feb 2, 2017, 7:10 PM

We can let the thread can go beyond the 10k point for now. If anyone would like to bring together a new front page for the next thread that'd be great. Right now it'll take me some time to compile one.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2017, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbannizer View Post
We can let the thread can go beyond the 10k point for now. If anyone would like to bring together a new front page for the next thread that'd be great. Right now it'll take me some time to compile one.
Would love to design some tables but it'll take time.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2017, 10:20 AM

I would go with a space theme but not sure what color scheme I would want for the text and other solids. What theme would you guys go with or solid colors?

I got to say the quality of the gif is not as good as the video format

Old Posted Feb 5, 2017, 4:23 PM
Ya Dig!!

Well that slowed my computer down.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2017, 10:43 PM

Maybe find a photo that has as much of the total Houston skyline and then photoshop the sky to be space.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2017, 12:01 AM
favorite son

^^^ maybe we can start the newest format out by illustrating our most modern/contemporary tower/edifice 609 MAIN. whereby, showcasing houston's most dynamic/modern architecture and heading towards the future. just a thought....

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations