HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jul 28, 2015, 2:58 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Smile NEW YORK | 1802 Second Avenue (Inspir Carnegie Hill) | 235 FT | 23 FLOORS

Another high-rise for the Upper East Side's northern lands:

Luxe living planned for seniors on the Upper East Side

By Lois WeissJuly 26, 2015 | 8:33pm

Quote:
Merchants Hospitality has bought five buildings on the Upper East Side that it plans to co-develop into a luxurious Maplewood Senior Living facility, The Post has learned.

The 213,000-square-foot tower designed by Handel Architects will include gardens and an indoor pool.

The buildings at 1802, 1804-06, 1808 and 1810 Second Ave. and 303-305 E. 93rd St. were purchased for $111 million in an all-cash deal from five separate sellers.

Michael Besen and Rolfe Haas of Besen & Associates represented two of the sellers, while three dealt directly with Merchants. Ido Tzaidi of Epic Commercial Realty represented Maplewood.

This will be Maplewood’s first project in New York. The Westport, Conn.-based company operates senior residences in Connecticut, Massachusetts and Ohio.

Merchants, founded by Abraham Merchant and Richard Cohn, assembled the site over a two-year period for a condominium.
Merchants Hospitality, Maplewood planning 29-story senior living tower on UES

July 27, 2015 08:00AM

Quote:
The single tower built in their place is set to rise 29 stories and cost approximately $139 million, a spokesperson for Merchants told The Real Deal.

Demolition is slated for early next year, with the tower being complete by 2018.

~ My Stamford, CT Thread ~~ My Danbury, CT Thread ~

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive