HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Midwest

Old Posted Apr 10, 2024, 11:49 PM
Detroiter4life

LEGO is opening its second Michigan store at Woodland Mall...
Coming to Woodland Mall: Official LEGO Store
Quote:
A new spot for Lego lovers is coming to the Grand Rapids area.

An official Lego Store is opening at the Woodland Mall this summer, it announced in a Monday Facebook post.

“Calling all Grand Rapids LEGO fans! The newest LEGO Store is opening this summer at the Woodland Mall,” the post says. “Stay tuned for an opening date and more details soon!” It will be the second Lego Store in Michigan, according to the toy brand’s website, with the other one located in Troy near Detroit.

West Michigan has some unofficial Lego stores, including a Bricks and Minifigs location just a few minutes away from the mall.
https://www.woodtv.com/news/kent-cou...al-lego-store/

Old Posted Yesterday, 8:03 PM
somewhere in-between

As an AFOL (Adult Fan of Lego) I am excited by this news. There has been some concern expressed by others that Lego is moving into town just to squash their competition (in the form of Bricks & Minifigs - a third-party chain Lego retailer located just a mile down the road). I frequent their Kalamazoo location and they are great. Personally, I think there's plenty of room for both. Bricks & Minifigs serves a slightly different market, with options like bulk bins, buy / sell / trade, and rare used / retired items, in addition to selling current, new sets. I guess it's true that their new set inventory sales might take a hit, but I think both stores will thrive. I'm a bit jealous that a Lego store was not announced for The Crossroads Mall in Kalamazoo, but I guess the market just might not be large enough.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Midwest