HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Apr 4, 2021, 10:19 PM

McGregor Square

I was on McGregors pooldeck yesterday. It's amazing. I'd post pics if I could figure out how. Kinda new to this platform.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2021, 10:32 PM

The construction fencing had gone down for several months but was put back up about a month ago. I don’t know what that means, if anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dirt View Post
Anyone know what's up with this project? Such a prime location, good looking project, designg by a reputable architecture firm, but they've literally had a disassembled crane sitting on site for several years now. Those things are usually leased, so that's gotta be expensive, no?

https://denverinfill.com/2018/12/new...th-alcott.html

Old Posted Apr 4, 2021, 11:47 PM

DELETE! Nevermind!

Old Posted Apr 5, 2021, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulopolis View Post
The construction fencing had gone down for several months but was put back up about a month ago. I don’t know what that means, if anything.
I’m also curious what happened to the i25/Broadway plans? They has fences up full of ads when they were moving dirt and doing some demo ~one year ago? Now no equipment on site, all the banners off of the fences and it looks dead. That development must be even more cursed than tabor....

Old Posted Apr 5, 2021, 3:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Hill View Post
Regarding Golden Triangle development, it’s really starting to frustrate me that it’s all the same height. A good chunk of GT is visible from my west-facing Governor’s Park balcony - including part of that new tower on 9th and Bannock and one of its cranes. It looks like it’s topped out now and there’s not going to be another floor. So now its rooftop lines up perfectly with all its neighbors. At night I just see a vast 16ish-story wall of windows - almost like the whole neighborhood is one massive building.
I always notice this too when driving into the city from the west on 6th. It's impressive density, but the uniform height is a bummer. Looks like a tabletop. It would be great if there were a few towers that poked out.

On a similar note, as a (new) Park Hill resident I'm curious if anyone knows the status of the Central Park station lots. I can't find much news on those parcels after 2019. That's my closest A-line station and would love to see activity pick up over there, but I imagine the pandemic slowed things down especially for any office component. I can't find anything recent on the development plans for that area or the Johnson & Wales property for that matter.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2021, 4:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
I always notice this too when driving into the city from the west on 6th. It's impressive density, but the uniform height is a bummer. Looks like a tabletop. It would be great if there were a few towers that poked out.

On a similar note, as a (new) Park Hill resident I'm curious if anyone knows the status of the Central Park station lots. I can't find much news on those parcels after 2019. That's my closest A-line station and would love to see activity pick up over there, but I imagine the pandemic slowed things down especially for any office component. I can't find anything recent on the development plans for that area or the Johnson & Wales property for that matter.
There hasn't been much news/activity on those lots from any real estate source I've talked to, other than continued development on the Sprouts block (townhomes are Phase II, iirc).

Most of the development news has shifted to the developments north of the tracks (dubbed Runway 35 N and S)...Raising Cane's, In-N-Out, QuickTrip, other car-centric shit.

Still holding out hope this comes to fruition.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2021, 5:27 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbssfelix View Post
There hasn't been much news/activity on those lots from any real estate source I've talked to, other than continued development on the Sprouts block (townhomes are Phase II, iirc).

Most of the development news has shifted to the developments north of the tracks (dubbed Runway 35 N and S)...Raising Cane's, In-N-Out, QuickTrip, other car-centric shit.

Still holding out hope this comes to fruition.
I thought that the ownership change from Forest City to Brookfield affected the Central Park Station developments as the development philosophies were so different given the own/hold of Forest City versus Brookfield own/sell. I know that it did result in the retooling of the apartment projects up north in Beeler Park.

Runway 35's saving grace is a Snooze being included in the dining options.

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Last edited by wong21fr; Apr 5, 2021 at 5:51 PM.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2021, 6:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post

There's 132 workforce housing condos finishing up right across CP Blvd from the station. About to be a few more multifamily projects coming soon... all good stuff. Should really get boardings way up there. I think it will be a vibrant neighborhood where those fields are now.

Last edited by gopokes21; Apr 6, 2021 at 6:17 PM.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2021, 2:07 AM

Multiple reports now coming in Denver snatched the All Stars game from Altanta! Big win for Denver and Polis....

https://www.9news.com/article/sports...b-5d1d0a8970ac

Old Posted Apr 6, 2021, 3:11 AM

Mcgregor Square is going to be lit!

Old Posted Apr 6, 2021, 4:37 AM

Old Posted Apr 6, 2021, 6:09 PM

?? Parking Please ??

Source

https://www.bizjournals.com/denver/n...ect-pando.html
Quote:
The site of a planned 13-story apartment building at the intersection of 19th Street and Chestnut Place, in Denver's Union Station neighborhood, sold recently to multifamily developer Greystar for $11.97 million, according to property records. The seller was Pando Holdings, a Denver-based developer that has already gained the city's approval for a 13-story, 198-unit apartment project on the site The 0.37-acre site is located at 2059 19th St., just northwest of Coors Field. Pando Holdings purchased the property in June 2019 for $6.25 million, according to property records. Pando... told Denver Business Journal that Greystar intends to carry out Pando's existing plans for the site.

A formal site development plan, submitted in the fall of 2020, calls for a roughly 130,000-square-foot building with a total of just 12 parking spaces. The planned project would stretch nearly 140 feet tall, which is the maximum allowed under the current zoning.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2021, 6:16 PM

You're kidding, right? Parking next to Union Station... yeah nope. Good for them, common sense prevails for once.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2021, 6:31 PM

Last parcel needed for Giambrocco redevelopment acquired

Image courtesy Tributary Real Estate

According to BusinessDen, the final needed parcel for a site near 38th and Blake Station was purchased for $11 million.

Tributary Real Estate, in partnership with Charles Street Partners announced their ambition for this site back in June of 2017. There is as yet, NO timeline for moving forward with the redevelopment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopokes21 View Post
You're kidding, right? Parking next to Union Station... yeah nope. Good for them, common sense prevails for once.
I would never 'kid' about anything so serious as my God-given right to park wherever I need to.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2021, 6:32 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Greystar also has the Pullman one block down that has 270 parking spaces for 142 units, a 1.90 parking/unit ratio (IIRC the parking/bedroom ratio is closer to 1). Put the two projects together and you get a 0.83 parking/unit ratio.

Anyone want to bet that shared parking will be the plan and it makes the project financing a hell of a lot easier?

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted Apr 6, 2021, 10:47 PM

Every new project going forward can utilize a shared parking agreement because they've built way too much parking in Union Station, and any park audit would show that. Union Station is the one corner in all of Colorado where somebody can truly live without a car. So most do.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2021, 5:17 AM

Quote:
There's 132 workforce housing condos finishing up right across CP Blvd from the station. About to be a few more multifamily projects coming soon... all good stuff. Should really get boardings way up there. I think it will be a vibrant neighborhood where those fields are now.
Price Development Group has a 5 story, 309 unit apartment building planned at the SE corner of MLK & CPB. And ReyLenn has a 4 story, 307 unit apartment building planned for 32nd & CPB next to a planned Natural Grocers.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2021, 3:00 PM
[sub]urbanite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert.hampton View Post
I’m also curious what happened to the i25/Broadway plans? They has fences up full of ads when they were moving dirt and doing some demo ~one year ago? Now no equipment on site, all the banners off of the fences and it looks dead. That development must be even more cursed than tabor....
I suspect an anchor tenant still needs to be identified for the area West of the light rail lines. That said, I do believe the pedestrian bridge connecting Vanderbilt Park to the West with the TOD is under construction at Ohio/Santa Fe. That bridge will go over two four-lane stretches of Santa Fe and the South Platte river...fairly significant investment from the City.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2021, 6:08 PM

Update: Alexan Belleview Station Apartments

Images courtesy SA+R Architects via Prime West Development

Announced several months ago, according to BusinessDen Trammell Crow has now completed the site acquisition for Belleview Station Apartments which is being co-developed with Prime West. SA+R Architects is working with Milendar White as the General Contractor.

According to Milendar White:
Quote:
Currently, the project is designed as a concrete-frame podium structure with a partial wrap of units on Levels 2-6 and an Infinity-frame structure at Levels 8-17 above the concrete transfer slab on the 7th floor.
More Trammell Crow

Land for 366-unit apartment project in South Denver sells for $20M
Dec 14, 2020 By James Rodriguez – Reporter, Denver Business Journal
Quote:
Dallas-based Trammell Crow Residential appears to be moving forward on plans for a five-story, roughly 366-unit apartment complex at the southwest corner of West Evans Avenue and South Broadway after purchasing the entire block for $20 million, according to property records.

The apartments will replace several single-family homes on Acoma Street and a building along Broadway that was once home to EMW Carpets and Furniture, which closed earlier this year.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2021, 7:08 PM

Review - Governors Park neighborhood

Gables Residential

193-unit apartment project proposed in fast-growing area south of downtown Denver
May 27, 2020 By James Rodriguez – Reporter, Denver Business Journal
Quote:
New multifamily development appears to be heating up near Governors Park in Denver's Capitol Hill neighborhood, with another developer proposing nearly 200 apartment units at the intersection of Eighth Avenue and Sherman Street.

Gables Residential, a real estate investment trust specializing in development, construction and ownership of multifamily and mixed-use communities, recently submitted a concept plan to the city for an eight-story, 193-unit apartment building at the southeast corner of the intersection.
AvalonBay Communities

Developer updates plans for 13-story apartment building on former Racines site
Nov 9, 2020 By James Rodriguez – Reporter, Denver Business Journal
Quote:
A Virginia-based developer is moving forward on plans for a 13-story apartment building that would transform the southeast corner of East 7th Avenue and Sherman Street in Denver.

A recently submitted formal site development plan, the next step in the city's approval process, indicates AvalonBay has trimmed down its plans — it's no longer planning to build on the Grant Street parcels, reducing the unit count from 418 to 305.

"In the end, we determined that a smaller and simpler rectangular building footprint was the right approach," said Todd Nicotra, a vice president of development for AvalonBay who works out of the company's Denver office.
Recently:
Quote:
An entity affiliated with AvalonBay purchased the Racines building and parking garage in mid-February for $6.16 million, according to property records. Another AvalonBay-affiliated entity also paid $1.54 million for a 0.14-acre parcel directly east, at 657 N. Grant St., records show.

Palisade Partners

8-story apartment project planned in fast-growing area of Capitol Hill
Feb 10, 2021 By James Rodriguez – Reporter, Denver Business Journal
Quote:
Denver-based Palisade Partners is planning an eight-story apartment building at 720 N. Grant St. in Capitol Hill, according to a concept plan recently submitted to the City. The concept plan calls for 110 residential units and 84 parking spaces in a roughly 118,000-square-foot structure. An eight-story building is the maximum allowed under the property's current zoning.

The proposed building would replace a low-slung parking garage. Palisade purchased the 0.36-acre parcel in 2014, records show.

"We've owned the parcel for a while now and it just seems like the right time to do a project there," said Sara White, development project manager at Palisade. "We've got the capacity. We think it's a really great opportunity, which is why we decided to move forward with our project now."

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West