HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction

Old Posted May 8, 2023, 3:57 PM

Tower Crane finally going up today on this one.

Old Posted May 9, 2023, 1:57 AM

With this and the other tower doing (supposedly) well, i feel like it would make sense to pivot the other tower into another focus right? Chances are we will find no major office tenant, to my knowledge anyways, so maybe they can put a hotel/residential thing in? Or maybe a hotel and office/lab combo?

Old Posted May 9, 2023, 1:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkitect13 View Post
With this and the other tower doing (supposedly) well, i feel like it would make sense to pivot the other tower into another focus right? Chances are we will find no major office tenant, to my knowledge anyways, so maybe they can put a hotel/residential thing in? Or maybe a hotel and office/lab combo?
This town could use another 3 or 4 major hotel projects. I'm surprised there isn't more interest in that. University City and Market East especially.

Old Posted May 9, 2023, 1:46 PM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
This town could use another 3 or 4 major hotel projects. I'm surprised there isn't more interest in that. University City and Market East especially.
I'm shocked that 2026 will roll around without a new large hotel. It would need to break by late 2023/early 2024 to be ready in time (depending on size).
I wonder what happened to the hotel proposal at 3rd & Walnut?

Old Posted May 9, 2023, 5:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkitect13 View Post
I'm really surprised they still seem to be moving ahead soon with such a large office building. It's in such a prime location you would think a hotel and residential would fit well, especially with the office market still being poor. I believe they've always mentioned a hotel somewhere in Schuylkill Yards, so hopefully that would move forward soon, there has to be decent demand for it.

Old Posted May 9, 2023, 5:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLtoNYC View Post
I'm shocked that 2026 will roll around without a new large hotel. It would need to break by late 2023/early 2024 to be ready in time (depending on size).
I wonder what happened to the hotel proposal at 3rd & Walnut?
My understanding was that it was going forward. I walked by there recently and they were doing work to the sidewalk/sewer on that corner. I just assumed it was structural work in anticipation of a lot more action ramping up. I know the Nimbys had a conniption with that proposal and they lost.

I love it when that happens.

Old Posted May 9, 2023, 5:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1 View Post
I'm really surprised they still seem to be moving ahead soon with such a large office building. It's in such a prime location you would think a hotel and residential would fit well, especially with the office market still being poor. I believe they've always mentioned a hotel somewhere in Schuylkill Yards, so hopefully that would move forward soon, there has to be decent demand for it.
Has to be. We have friends with a kid @ Penn. They stay with us almost every time they visit him because there are literally no hotel rooms. Add a convention....you're looking at nothing in a 30 mile radius of Philly. We once had to stay in a motel that far out once when bringing our son to CHoP with a convention in town.

It's crazy to me that hotels wouldn't be able to see those metrics.

Old Posted May 13, 2023, 2:53 PM

Schuylkill Yards by Philly SkyGuy, on Flickr

Cornell! From Woodbury, NJ, just towns away from me. I've always wanted to get a tour of their place and learn some history, as they also built the towers between 1985-92

Old Posted May 23, 2023, 7:48 PM

This one is above ground now. Steel construction. Should be going up fast.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2023, 2:13 AM

Steel appears like it's at least 4 floors up. Also slide #3 has the Avira/3025 JFK in the background

https://www.instagram.com/p/CuFiaDER...RlODBiNWFlZA==

Old Posted Jul 2, 2023, 1:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kool-ski View Post
Steel appears like it's at least 4 floors up. Also slide #3 has the Avira/3025 JFK in the background

https://www.instagram.com/p/CuFiaDER...RlODBiNWFlZA==
Help me out … what’s going in the big hole on the north side of 3100 chestnut? Just west of the post office. In my mind I was envisioning this building but obviously I was mistaken. West Philly is insane right now.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2023, 2:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysb View Post
Help me out … what’s going in the big hole on the north side of 3100 chestnut? Just west of the post office. In my mind I was envisioning this building but obviously I was mistaken. West Philly is insane right now.
I think that’s the Spark property, right?

Old Posted Jul 2, 2023, 2:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysb View Post
Spark Therapeutics broke ground on its 500K-square-foot Gene Therapy Innovation Center

Old Posted Jul 2, 2023, 12:30 PM

Ahh yes spark. THANKS

Old Posted Jul 2, 2023, 3:44 PM
Philly Pholly

It's great they are expanding here in Philly.
Great
Unfortunate they don't really take advantage of being so close to one of the largest transportation hubs in the country.
I'll remember the dream.
I would have liked to see that same tower ABOVE SPARK!

Schuylkill Yards original 5

3001 Chestnut Street -SPARK

Old Posted Jul 2, 2023, 4:01 PM

Would that building be considered a part of Schuylkill Yards? I haven't seen any official label, though the site was shown on older maps of SY

Old Posted Jul 9, 2023, 3:34 PM

[IMG]http://[url=https://flic.kr/p/2oNmKxH][/url]55AA7653-6829-498A-A69D-6B887DE0D3FA by Justin Heger, on Flickr[/IMG]

093DC46A-6B38-4FAC-B377-6F5D768A40C1 by Justin Heger, on Flickr

Old Posted Jul 9, 2023, 5:38 PM

That grey slab next to this in the last photo, is that part of anything?
Its just, really ugly, i think it should be torn down and replaced with green space/a tower according to the plans right?

Old Posted Jul 9, 2023, 6:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aether View Post
That grey slab next to this in the last photo, is that part of anything?
Its just, really ugly, i think it should be torn down and replaced with green space/a tower according to the plans right?
Correct. That's currently 3101 market st. Owned and occupied by Drexel with Spark taking a small space. This is the site that's been reserved for a potential supertall. Nothing besides that has been proposed for here yet.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2023, 2:55 PM

@schuylkillyards on Instagram

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction