HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Urban, Urban Design & Heritage Issues

Old Posted Mar 29, 2023, 9:42 PM

If it was "excuse me sir" and then straight to stabbing, absolutely. It sounds like it wasn't like that - like there was a confrontation and a brawl, and then the suspect brought a knife out, in which case it's a bit less black and white.

Again, the victim had a toddler in his arms; the suspect told the wife to "take the kid" before the fight broke out. Were it an unprovoked murder, one'd think the suspect would just stab him and the kid because whatever.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2023, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migrant_Coconut View Post
Again, the victim had a toddler in his arms; the suspect told the wife to "take the kid" before the fight broke out. Were it an unprovoked murder, one'd think the suspect would just stab him and the kid because whatever.
You've mentioned this multiple times, and I've heard similar sentiments elsewhere, but do you have a source for this? I took a look at the infamous video and it seems to start mid stabbing.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2023, 11:49 PM

It's from the wife herself.

Quote:
"... I'm still not sure what happened, but when his wife came out, the person was in Paul's face," Kathy said. "The guy said to [Paul's wife], 'you better grab your kid.'"

Kathy said Paul gave the little girl to her mother. The two men started to fight...
On one hand, she goes on to say that fighting wasn't in his nature, but on the other, pretty much everybody says that when they're being interviewed/questioned.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2023, 12:08 AM

Quote:
If it was "excuse me sir" and then straight to stabbing, absolutely. It sounds like it wasn't like that - like there was a confrontation and a brawl, and then the suspect brought a knife out, in which case it's a bit less black and white.

What kind of scumbag stabs a man in the eye in front of his wife and toddler?

Old Posted Mar 30, 2023, 12:10 AM

Quote:

On one hand, she goes on to say that fighting wasn't in his nature, but on the other, pretty much everybody says that when they're being interviewed/questioned.
Once again I appreciate the CBC for trying to give an unbiased reporting of the situation. None of this "INNOCENT man SAVAGELY murdered in COLD BLOOD by HORRENDOUS SIKH KHALISTAN PREDATOR" bullshit. Still a disgusting turn of events, but the responsible thing is to try to present all the facts in an objective manner.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2023, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Vancouver shoplifting 'crackdown' leads to 200+ arrests

Police in Vancouver say 217 people were arrested over a three-week period during a “crackdown” on shoplifting.

The Vancouver Police Department (VPD) says “Project Barcode,” which ran from Feb. 15 to March 10, saw officers and stores team up to help catch “known offenders and other shoplifters.”

Officers stayed outside of participating retailers, which included dollar stores, grocery stores and clothing retailers, while employees inside the stores kept an eye out for shoplifters.

If a suspect was spotted by a staff member, they told the waiting police officers and then were arrested outside.

“The cooperation between police and store staff allowed VPD to easily apprehend thieves while minimizing the violence retail employees often face when attempting to stop people from stealing,” a VPD release notes.

Over the course of the operation, police say 47 repeat offenders were arrested, and out of the over 200 arrested, there was a combined total of 4,695 previous convictions.

Police say nearly 280 new charges have been recommended to the Crown council as part of the arrests. Nearly $80,000 in stolen merchandise was recovered, police added.

“Though still vastly unreported by retailers, shoplifting incidents in Vancouver rose more than 30 per cent in 2022, compared to the previous year. On average, there were more than 20 violent shoplifting incidents reported to VPD each month last year,” the release reads.
https://vancouver.citynews.ca/2023/0...s-shoplifting/

Old Posted Mar 30, 2023, 1:00 AM

Jesus Christ, is someone actually doing the “well, we don’t know both sides” argument here?

Sorry, the guy could have called him every dirty word under the book, but that is still no excuse for murder. You are literally arguing, let’s see if this was a 0/100 percent fault case or 0.01/99.99 percent fault case.

This feels like the people who blame rape on the girl for wearing a short skirt, or telling a guy to fuck off.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2023, 1:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowhou View Post
Once again I appreciate the CBC for trying to give an unbiased reporting of the situation. None of this "INNOCENT man SAVAGELY murdered in COLD BLOOD by HORRENDOUS SIKH KHALISTAN PREDATOR" bullshit. Still a disgusting turn of events, but the responsible thing is to try to present all the facts in an objective manner.
Sorry but nobody’s in the mood for your SJW nonsense on this.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2023, 1:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnext View Post
If the other way around, I am sure he would be the first to call it a racial hate crime.

It sucks though that people always turn these events into something racial.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2023, 2:23 AM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:

It actually doesn't even matter even if they were fighting.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2023, 2:45 AM

Quote:
What kind of scumbag stabs a man in the eye in front of his wife and toddler?
1) Source for the "eye" thing, or it didn't happen.

2) The same kind of scumbag who may or may not have overreacted to somebody picking a fight in a Starbucks lineup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro-One View Post
Jesus Christ, is someone actually doing the “well, we don’t know both sides” argument here?

Sorry, the guy could have called him every dirty word under the book, but that is still no excuse for murder. You are literally arguing, let’s see if this was a 0/100 percent fault case or 0.01/99.99 percent fault case.

This feels like the people who blame rape on the girl for wearing a short skirt, or telling a guy to fuck off.
Dead =/= innocent. All we know at this point is that a fight broke out and somebody got stabbed and bled to death: a grand total of zero judges would rule murder and not manslaughter without further evidence.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2023, 2:56 AM

Quote:
TIL that being against racist sensationalist news is SJW nonsense these days. Are you the single reader of the Epoch Times? Get the fuck out of here.

Indian newspapers have been all over this case as a case of a murderous Sikh seperatist supporter, with the context being the current manhunt for Amritpal Singh.

Watch: Indian-origin man brutally stabs Canadian national to death, suspected to have Khalistani links; shocking video surfaces

A murderer & a Khalistani: WATCH - Man who killed Starbucks worker in Canada was at rallies outside Indian embassy

Hell, one of these articles was linked earlier in the thread by a perennial idiot.

I'm only bringing up the fact that this toxic bullshit is permeating the forum, who gives a fuck if he's Sikh or pro or against Sikh seperatism. Yeah, fuck off with your crap.

I don't give a fuck that he's Sikh, he brought a knife to a shouting match and killed a guy, he's a piece of shit plain and simple.

Quote:

No one is doing that, you're seeing ghosts. Literally everyone is saying this guy is obvious going down. Only argument seems to what charges will stick.

Quote:
If the other way around, I am sure he would be the first to call it a racial hate crime.

It sucks though that people always turn these events into something racial.
Yeah, you can fuck off too.

Last edited by chowhou; Mar 30, 2023 at 3:09 AM.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2023, 3:38 AM

Edit: (nvm, forget it)

Old Posted Mar 30, 2023, 4:05 AM

The person who shot that video where he just continues to focus on the victim lying there motionless is cold as fuck. Reminded me of that movie "Nightcrawler".

Old Posted Mar 30, 2023, 4:06 AM

Quote:

Yeah, you can fuck off too.
This is usually the comeback of one who has lost the argument.

I am finding it more and more interesting that those who are self proclaiming to be most open and tolerant are often the quickest to respond with hostility and vulgarity in an argument. It also makes sense for them to be grasping for some justification behind this obviously open and shut case of the actions of a horrible human being.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2023, 4:09 AM

Quote:
This is usually the comeback of one who has lost the argument.

I am finding it more and more interesting that those who are self proclaiming to be most open and tolerant are often the quickest to respond with hostility and vulgarity in an argument. It also makes sense for them to be grasping for some justification behind this obviously open and shut case of the actions of a horrible human being.
No no, you're mistaken. The "you're probably just racist" is where you opened up hostile and without recourse. Sorry to break it to you. There was no argument here, all you did was imply that I'm racist towards white people.

I went a little bit overboard in my response as I was mostly inflamed by the other individual, but you agreeing with him and saying that didn't help.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2023, 4:33 AM

Quote:
No no, you're mistaken. The "you're probably just racist" is where you opened up hostile and without recourse. Sorry to break it to you. There was no argument here, all you did was imply that I'm racist towards white people.

I went a little bit overboard in my response as I was mostly inflamed by the other individual, but you agreeing with him and saying that didn't help.
Well, I’m sorry to pile on and to make assumptions, which are also bleeding over from other forum members.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2023, 4:46 AM

Quote:
Well, I’m sorry to pile on and to make assumptions, which are also bleeding over from other forum members.
Apology accepted, I'm sorry for telling you to go fuck yourself. IMO you shouldn't be so quick to agree with the person you did, your odds of being correct are better if you disagree with that particular person.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2023, 8:38 AM

Quote:
Apology accepted, I'm sorry for telling you to go fuck yourself. IMO you shouldn't be so quick to agree with the person you did, your odds of being correct are better if you disagree with that particular person.
Yeah, just one of those things on the forum where you loose sight of individuals in an argument and say something stupid.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2023, 3:17 PM

Quote:
Dead =/= innocent. All we know at this point is that a fight broke out and somebody got stabbed and bled to death: a grand total of zero judges would rule murder and not manslaughter without further evidence.
Stabbing somebody repeatedly with a knife is "intent to cause death", as that's what a reasonable person would assume.

Unless the Crown sends an intern to lead this case, I have no doubt it will be a 2nd degree murder conviction.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Urban, Urban Design & Heritage Issues