HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Apr 30, 2017, 2:38 PM

The biggest issue I can see happening is that the Woodall Rogers Fwy (TX SPUR 366) is not constructed well on either end where it ties into I-35E or US 75-North Central Expy to adequately feed traffic that I-345 carries.

So they'd also have to re-stack and reconfigure Woodall Rogers on both ends to make it work.

Old Posted May 1, 2017, 12:55 AM
World Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuresooner View Post
The biggest issue I can see happening is that the Woodall Rogers Fwy (TX SPUR 366) is not constructed well on either end where it ties into I-35E or US 75-North Central Expy to adequately feed traffic that I-345 carries.

So they'd also have to re-stack and reconfigure Woodall Rogers on both ends to make it work.
Woodall Rogers was the next question for me - not just its connectivity to I-35E or US-75 respectively, but its capacity in general. Whether or not they re-route I-30 to the proposed alignment, if I-345 is removed, there would be a similar question. Though of course many argue (and I don't necessarily disagree with them) that folks will adapt and use other routes entirely if they're just passing through the downtown area to accommodate the changes (i.e., using Bush or I-635 from I-30 to get to US-75 or DNT, etc.). Just interesting to think about.

I think such changes, while expensive and take a long time, could be hugely advantageous to the core of Dallas.

Old Posted May 1, 2017, 5:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshdodd View Post
The Texas Department of Transportation is taking it very seriously from what I understand. The thing is that it would take quite some time to execute and around 3 billion dollars. But, regardless of time and cost, they are seriously considering it. The current work, right now, rerouting 175 to 45 where 45 crosses the Trinity is a sign of this proposal taking shape.
link?

Old Posted May 1, 2017, 5:25 PM

Huge Allen data center would be one of the largest in North Texas

Quote:
The 1.4 million-square-foot high-tech complex would be built in three phases on the west side of U.S. Highway 75 north of Allen Commerce Parkway.
Quote:
The project will be the third large data center built in that area in Allen.
Quote:
You are talking billions of dollars in data centers," said Dan Bowman, executive director of the Allen Economic Development Corp. " It's been great to see that pick up steam in Allen."

The first phase of CyrusOne's planned Allen data center would be 350,950 square feet. Two additional phases would add a 619,100 square foot and a 412,800 square-foot building.
Project Location

Old Posted May 1, 2017, 5:28 PM

Dallas Glass Canyon

[IMG]Dallas by Roman Reyna, on Flickr[/IMG]

Picture taken by me on 4/29/2017

Old Posted May 1, 2017, 5:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummer View Post
How serious of a proposal is this? It'd be pretty wild, though I could see it doing a lot for South Dallas and East Dallas & Little Elm's connectivity to downtown.
Found the article. Based on that article it is one of 4 proposals. It's the most expensive at 2 billion in today's dollars with the longest schedule of 24 years. Could be wrong, but to me it appears to be the least viable option. Its using today's metrics and has a 24 year schedule from the time it starts. That does not include all the evaluation, EPA studies, etc. which will add more time. We will have a whole new generation by then with whole host of new technologies. As a tax payer, I would be concerned on spending that amount of money and time on something that could be obsolete before it opens.

Old Posted May 1, 2017, 7:08 PM

Yet another massive mixed-use development:

Developer Hines plans mixed-use project in Allen

Quote:
The more than 100-acre development would be on vacant land at the southeast corner of S.H. 121 and Alma Road, just south of McKinney.
Quote:
Hines plans to detail plans for the project next week at a real estate seminar organized by the Allen Economic Development Corp.
Quote:
"Nobody had planned a mixed-use piece like that on State Highway 121," he said.

Hines' planned development is likely to include a combination of office space, retail and urban-style residential construction.

Architect Gensler is designing the project.
Project Location

Old Posted May 1, 2017, 10:51 PM
World Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTU Arch View Post
Found the article. Based on that article it is one of 4 proposals. It's the most expensive at 2 billion in today's dollars with the longest schedule of 24 years. Could be wrong, but to me it appears to be the least viable option. Its using today's metrics and has a 24 year schedule from the time it starts. That does not include all the evaluation, EPA studies, etc. which will add more time. We will have a whole new generation by then with whole host of new technologies. As a tax payer, I would be concerned on spending that amount of money and time on something that could be obsolete before it opens.
Great points. Thanks for the reply!

Old Posted May 2, 2017, 2:02 AM

New Dallas condo development in Cedars gets nearly $10M to kick off project

Quote:
The 62-unit project, called Destination Residences, will span a multi-story condominium project in the up-and-coming urban neighborhood just south of downtown Dallas.
Quote:
The development team plans to use an existing parking garage on the site that will help them "move quickly," on building the multi-story condo building, Laub said.

"This isn't a proven market," he said. "There are not a lot of condo products down there and this is an untapped market for this type of product — particularly at the price point they plan to deliver them at."
Project Location

Old Posted May 2, 2017, 2:09 AM
World Traveler

Interesting color scheme.

Old Posted May 2, 2017, 2:15 AM

Developer Bill Cawley hits it into high gear with his next Tollway office building

Quote:
Dallas developer Bill Cawley has begun his next office building along the Dallas North Tollway, between Belt Line Road and Spring Valley Road, which will bring the new home for Occidental Petroleum Corp. (NYSE: OXY) to fruition.
Oxy's chemical division signed a lease for roughly half the building — or 120,000 square feet of office space — in a long-term deal. The remainder of the building will be put on the market.
Quote:
The six-story, 240,000-square-foot building, known as Fourteen 555, sits at 14555 Dallas Parkway in Addison.
Quote:
"Like Tollway Center and Knoll Trail Plaza, Fourteen 555 features a state-of-the-art fitness center, conference center and our signature rooftop terrace," said Cawley, CEO of Dallas-based Cawley Partners, in a statement.
"However, all of the amenities for Fourteen 555 will be located in a separate amenity building called The Hub, which will also feature a large courtyard," he added. "Tenants and their employees look for walkability in the new office space."
Quote:
Construction is slated for completion in September 2018.
Project Location

Cawley Partners

Old Posted May 2, 2017, 5:54 PM

Modern-style condo mid-rise on the books for Dallas' White Rock Lake neighborhood

Quote:
A Dallas-based development group, NBKW Partners LLC, plans to build a new seven-story condominium residence that will bring up to 100 new single-family homes to Dallas' White Rock Lake neighborhood.
Quote:
The condominium, called The Drake at White Rock, could appeal to first-time buyers, empty nesters and residents attracted to the natural beauty of White Rock Lake, said Al Coker, owner of Al Coker & Associates, who is marketing the development.
Quote:
The condo homes will be priced from $290,000 to $750,000 based on the size of the home and its finishes. The project will include one-, two- and three-bedroom options with expansive balconies and a number of community amenities.
Project Location

DMN

Old Posted May 3, 2017, 6:28 AM

Facebook files for $267M building permit in Fort Worth for next phase

Quote:
Social media giant Facebook Inc. (Nasdaq: FB) filed for a building permit totaling nearly $267 million to begin the next phase of its data center campus in Fort Worth.
Quote:
The early plans for the second phase of the campus include 25,406 square-feet of office space, a conferencing center and break room, a multipurpose room, space for mechanical equipment and a 219,989 square-foot data hall.

In all, the expansion is expected to accommodate 1,656 occupants, according to the permit filed on behalf of Facebook.

At full build-out of the campus, the Menlo Park, California-based company plans to span five buildings totaling 2.5 million square feet of data center space on about 150 acres in Fort Worth.
Project Location

Old Posted May 3, 2017, 3:21 PM

Reunion development site

Does anyone know if there are any plans for the the Reunion development site - the former home of Reunion Arena? It has been left fallow for a long time and used mainly for highway construction storage and quite an eyesore. I believe its owned by Hunt Realty.

Old Posted May 3, 2017, 5:58 PM

$100M hotel and conference center in McKinney's Craig Ranch lands city incentives

DMN

Quote:
The city of McKinney voted to contribute $18 million in economic incentives, including a $5 million construction loan and a $3 million grant upon completion of the project on an 8-acre parcel at Collin McKinney Parkway and Weiskopf Avenue in Craig Ranch from the McKinney Community Development Corp.
Quote:
The remainder of the economic incentives will come from the reimbursement of tax dollars generated by the 285-room and suite hotel, with a 75 percent reimbursement of sales, property and hotel occupancy taxes in year 1 through year 5.
Quote:
The hotel and conference center, which is planned as a Marriott Autograph Collection, will bring 33,000 square feet of meeting space to McKinney, as well as restaurants and eateries for guests.

The resort's amenities will include a resort-style lazy river, outdoor fire pits, concierge services and valet parking.
Quote:
Construction will begin on the hotel and conference center this summer, with the resort slated to open in the Craig Ranch master-planned community by fall 2019.

Old Posted May 3, 2017, 6:30 PM

Trammell Crow Co. venture begins next 1.6M SF phase of Fort Worth industrial park

Quote:
At build-out, the 106-acre phase will include there buildings: A nearly 1.1 million-square-foot warehouse, a 312,654-square-foot warehouse and a 233,961-square-foot warehouse.

The three buildings at the northwest corner of I-35W and Eagle Parkway in Fort Worth are slated for completion in late 2017.
Quote:
The new phase was kicked off shortly after the venture sold two of the buildings in the initial phase of 35-Eagle to Heitman, a real estate investment firm. The initial phase of 1.6 million square feet is 90 percent occupied to two investment-grade tenants.
Project Location

Old Posted May 3, 2017, 7:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentMatters View Post
Does anyone know if there are any plans for the the Reunion development site - the former home of Reunion Arena? It has been left fallow for a long time and used mainly for highway construction storage and quite an eyesore. I believe its owned by Hunt Realty.
I haven't heard about anything. So far it is reserved for events like concerts and such. It's likely that with construction on the Horseshoe now essentially done, developers will start vying for it. I'd say construction on the Horseshoe was holding it back. But then again, that's my own speculation.

Old Posted May 4, 2017, 3:37 PM

Loews, Texas Rangers announce 'flagship' hotel for Texas Live

PRNewswire

Quote:
Loews Hotels & Co., The Cordish Companies, and the Texas Rangers Thursday announced plans for a $150 million flagship hotel and convention center in the Texas Live development called Live! by Loews - Arlington, TX.

The 302- room hotel will be one of the most dominant features of Texas Live!, the $250 million dining, entertainment and hospitality destination being developed in partnership with The Cordish Companies, Texas Rangers and City of Arlington.
Quote:
Designed by internationally-known HKS Architects, the 14-story tall glass tower will feature 300-plus upscale guestrooms, including 26 suites, with floor to ceiling glass windows that show expansive views of the entertainment district from each room.

The tower will feature several resort-style spaces and amenities including:
  • Tower Terrace and Event Lawn: Located within a 40' tall by 60' wide veranda-style cutout through the hotel tower
  • Outdoor Infinity Edge Pool
  • Rooftop Terrace Private Event Space
  • Two story, 35,000 square-foot Grand Event Center
  • Grand Ballroom with banquet seating capability up to 1,500
Quote:
The dining and entertainment space in the district will open in 2018, with Live! by Loews scheduled to open in 2019.

TexasRangers

Old Posted May 4, 2017, 11:15 PM

Downtown Fort Worth

The 800 space XTO parking garage on the former Landmark Tower block has been completed. No tenants have been announced in the ground floor retail space yet.

[

Old Posted May 4, 2017, 11:21 PM

So that's two square blocks of formerly prime Houston Street frontage given over to mega parking structures. Well, I guess it beats a surface parking lot, but not by much.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations