HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Mar 1, 2023, 3:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCReid View Post
The ranking is from 2020, which is sort of the height of the recent tech bubble and tech was at least 25% of the US S&P index and the top 5 companies were all tech. I wonder if cities like Austin will remain as highly ranked now that the bubble has been deflated. Similarly, someone said Houston was once an Alpha city and that was probably when energy was 25% of the S&P index; now it is less than 5%, but I think the current Beta ranking is appropriate even with the rebound in energy. It will be interesting to see if London retains its highest ranking in 2030 or 2040 now that the UK has left the EU and some companies are leaving for the EU. It will probably remain Alpha but fall down a notch.
Austin is still riding the tech bubble. It never did burst here other than Facebook backing out of one building. Austin's growth and economy is still one of the strongest in the U.S. I am happy Austin did get as high as it did. Being ranked with cities line Minneapolis. Although in a few years we will be approaching Denver or Dallas level here soon.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions