HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Arthaus in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Philadelphia Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Philadelphia Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jun 20, 2022, 4:26 AM

Old Posted Jun 20, 2022, 2:00 PM
Chris

^ Lighting looks great.

Can residents move in yet? Looks like a lot of empty units.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2022, 6:29 PM

I've heard no confirmation. But I saw a typical SUV in the garage entrance

Old Posted Jun 20, 2022, 6:59 PM

https://youtu.be/exzHNN7Typw

I got a video of the scrolling lights as well. They are SLOW in reality but you can see the animation

Old Posted Jun 20, 2022, 8:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK2001 View Post
https://youtu.be/exzHNN7Typw

I got a video of the scrolling lights as well. They are SLOW in reality but you can see the animation
Amazing work TK, great content as always. Hope to see them do some more animations.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2022, 6:45 AM

Arthaus by Philly SkyGuy, on Flickr

Lights are now white. Thank god I captured the animation

Old Posted Jun 30, 2022, 4:40 PM

Three Center City developments, each with multimillion-dollar condos, vie for same high-end buyers

Quote:
The buyers for these condominiums, which run into the millions of dollars and some in the tens of millions, aren’t worried about rising interest rates though they won’t hesitate to take full advantage of a 10-year tax abatement on their purchase.

The last time Center City had a surge in new condominiums on the market was right before the Great Recession when 10 Rittenhouse, the Residences at Two Liberty, Residences at the Ritz-Carlton and the Murano among other projects were developed. Those four towers alone have a combined 819 units.

There are 199 condominiums among the Laurel, 2100 Hamilton and Arthaus and their sales will again test the depth of the high-end market in Center City as well the extent to which buyers are able to look past some of the quality-of-life issues Philadelphia is trying to combat.

“The market is there and I don’t think it is too much given the state of what is available,” said Lisa Yakulis, a real estate agent with Kurfiss Sotheby's International Realty. Yakulis noted that it would also be some time before additional, newly constructed condominiums would be available, which helps keep the supply in check.

“We’re still seeing people coming from New Jersey and New York and the tax advantages, cost of living and what you can get here is still more and less expensive than New York, Boston and Washington D.C.,” she said.

Designed by Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates, the $253 million, 47-story Arthaus has 107 units on South Broad Street at Spruce Street. Dranoff Properties, which is the developer declined to divulge how many units have been sold so far other than saying “sales are good.” Its first residents began moving in mid-June.

“It is in the middle of the city at Main and Main and at the intersection of arts and culture,” said Carl Dranoff, whose projects include Symphony House and 10 Rittenhouse. “This is the beacon of the Avenue of the Arts.”

Dranoff Properties has been working to get a development on the property since 2007. “It took two years to assemble the the site and three years to get the entitlements,” Dranoff said. “It’s been a long and winding road to get here.”

“What we did at One Riverside shaped what we did here,” said Dranoff referring to another condominium development he developed at 210 S. 25th St.

Units at Arthaus run from $1.6 million to upwards of $3.5 million with penthouses ranging from $7.6 million to $15.1 million.
Article behind paywall here:
https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...or-buyers.html

Old Posted Jul 6, 2022, 1:39 AM

I was visiting Philly on 06/25/2022 and was able to snap a couple of photos.

Taken at S 19th & Cypress.

Taken on Pine near S Broad.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2022, 10:51 PM
你的媽媽

This is a sharp looking building. Well done.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2022, 1:26 AM
Chairman

This past Sunday I was driving on southbound I-95 while on my back to PRMD. This tower nicely extends the skyline.

-sb

Last edited by shakman; Jul 22, 2022 at 1:41 AM.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2022, 2:18 AM

Is this done? I think people have moved in and I believe I saw a doorman smoking outside on Monday. I could be wrong lol.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2022, 2:17 PM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpskibot View Post
Is this done? I think people have moved in and I believe I saw a doorman smoking outside on Monday. I could be wrong lol.
Mostly done. Some tenants have moved in, but I'm sure some units are still in fit out stages.

No one ever responds to my question, but I wonder how sales are doing these days?

Old Posted Jul 22, 2022, 3:55 PM
PHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLtoNYC View Post
Mostly done. Some tenants have moved in, but I'm sure some units are still in fit out stages.

No one ever responds to my question, but I wonder how sales are doing these days?
I'm sure 99% of people just aren't privy to such information! If I knew I'd tell ya lol

Old Posted Jul 22, 2022, 5:31 PM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjrip View Post
I'm sure 99% of people just aren't privy to such information! If I knew I'd tell ya lol
This group has the connections! Someone must know.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2022, 10:31 PM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Quote:
This group has the connections! Someone must know.
It looks like its open, I see a doorman standing inside the past two times I drove by this week, and on the balconies facing S Broad you can see outdoor furniture.

Looks like the only thing left is the commercial space which is a restaurant correct?

Very good looking building, ill try to get some photography of that and other projects I haven't gotten yet this week.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2022, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpskibot View Post
I think by this forum's benchmarks it is complete. I don't believe ongoing interior build-out is considered under construction. Took a while to get off the ground, but it turned out great!!

Old Posted Jul 24, 2022, 2:03 PM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLJD13 View Post
I think by this forum's benchmarks it is complete. I don't believe ongoing interior build-out is considered under construction. Took a while to get off the ground, but it turned out great!!
Agreed. Hopefully Dranoff has another promising project planned in the near future (besides the Broad & Pine mid-rise).

Old Posted Jul 26, 2022, 3:08 AM

Not to be a downer but the finishing on this building kind of bothers me at street level. The white panels on the front going up are quite uneven, especially at the 4-6th floors and it looks like tubing of some sort is sticking out about halfway up. Anybody know what that is? I’ll grab some pictures tomorrow to show what I mean.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2022, 1:07 PM
Chris

^ Yea, please share pics. Might be mechanical components?

Old Posted Jul 26, 2022, 2:08 PM

Quote:
^ Yea, please share pics. Might be mechanical components?

This is what I mean. My camera doesn’t capture it great but you can see what I mean. It’s much more noticeable in person. Just seems like it’d be worth it to take another 2 days to align the edges of each panel going up rather than just slapping them on. The BNY Melon center definitely does not have this same issue.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive