HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted May 3, 2023, 2:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLtoNYC View Post
Naked Philly posted a video of the site action an hour ago.
Good catch! Seems this one might live on.

Old Posted May 3, 2023, 2:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLtoNYC View Post
Naked Philly posted a video of the site action an hour ago.
Where?

Got a link?

Old Posted May 3, 2023, 4:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
Where?

Got a link?
Insta

Old Posted May 3, 2023, 5:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysb View Post
Insta
https://www.instagram.com/p/Crx_36CACK2/

Old Posted May 3, 2023, 5:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Fan View Post
thanks, sorry on a work comp and couldn't post full link

Old Posted May 3, 2023, 6:35 PM
Chris

I also forgot to mention Instagram.

Old Posted May 3, 2023, 7:22 PM
PHL

Excellent news!!!

Old Posted May 3, 2023, 7:27 PM

Quote:
I believe they have further plans for 2nd st between these two properties but nothing has been released yet (to my knowledge)
He does also mention this in the video

Old Posted May 4, 2023, 11:18 PM
Philly Pholly

Love love love this one!
I'm going to say it...
GAME CHANGER!

Old Posted May 23, 2023, 7:27 PM

Old Posted May 23, 2023, 7:36 PM

I like this building. It's great big city infill for the location.

https://twitter.com/RisingRealEst/st...40705688403974

Old Posted May 23, 2023, 9:33 PM

Callowhill and nearby areas will look totally unrecognizable in 5-10 years. There's about 7 massive projects under construction or recently completed. Also the Target, Yards, SoNo (cringy name I know). It's about time considering it's proximity to Center City. Finish the rail park, open up the 11th and Ridge BSL stop, clean up the trash and boom...watch the businesses/people come in. No NIMBYs here like Old City or Chinatown to stifle bars/restaurants/clubs/apartments.

Old Posted May 24, 2023, 4:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadandMarket View Post
Callowhill and nearby areas will look totally unrecognizable in 5-10 years. There's about 7 massive projects under construction or recently completed. Also the Target, Yards, SoNo (cringy name I know). It's about time considering it's proximity to Center City. Finish the rail park, open up the 11th and Ridge BSL stop, clean up the trash and boom...watch the businesses/people come in. No NIMBYs here like Old City or Chinatown to stifle bars/restaurants/clubs/apartments.
It's such a shame that 676 cuts through that whole area and dividing the two sides

Old Posted May 24, 2023, 1:12 PM

Quote:
Is the abandoned station actually at 11th and Ridge or 12th and Spring Garden? Not trying to quibble about 1.5 blocks but considering Ridge/12th and Spring Garden is only 2 blocks from the Spring Garden Station on the BSL main trunk, not sure it's worth the effort/cost.

Old Posted May 24, 2023, 1:18 PM

Quote:
Old City. Don't get me started.

The transformation from good to crap has almost fully been executed. The great mix of bars and restaurants has been transformed to hookah places and more fast food.

I'm having a hard time seeing the path forward. It seems like no one wants to put money into Old City right now. Unless it's residential. And even that seems to white wash the historical vibe of OC, one building at a time. Nolibs & FT are soooo much cooler now than Old City, IMO.

Old Posted May 24, 2023, 1:25 PM

Quote:
Old City. Don't get me started.

The transformation from good to crap has almost fully been executed. The great mix of bars and restaurants has been transformed to hookah places and more fast food.

I'm having a hard time seeing the path forward. It seems like no one wants to put money into Old City right now. Unless it's residential. And even that seems to white wash the historical vibe of OC, one building at a time. Nolibs & FT are soooo much cooler now than Old City, IMO.
It's really evident on the blocks immediately surrounding market (esp on 3rd)
Once you get up north of Arch it gets really nice again. Shame they can't seem to get that all cleaned up. I've been meaning to get over to check the vibes on 1st Friday but it's been a tough sell with the kids.

Old Posted May 24, 2023, 2:20 PM

Quote:
It's really evident on the blocks immediately surrounding market (esp on 3rd)
Once you get up north of Arch it gets really nice again. Shame they can't seem to get that all cleaned up. I've been meaning to get over to check the vibes on 1st Friday but it's been a tough sell with the kids.
Not to hijack but yeah. 1st Friday is NOTHING like it used to be. It was a festival vibe when we moved in 2015. Now it's dead.

I think the problem is that the residents of OC aren't enough (or are the wrong demographic) to sustain a restaurant/bar district. People don't go out during the week and weekends can be a $hit-show. And the way it is now, there aren't a ton of people in town saying "hey, lets go to Old City!" Unless you want coffee or a wedding dress. Covid took a MASSIVE toll, causing many neighborhood anchors to leave. They filled in with crap that pushes the decision to invest in the area into the "nope" column. Even Stephen Starr bailed. And his HQ is right above the OG Continental, which has sat vacant for years now. At the moment, the front step is home to a rotation of homeless people ranging from passed out to straight up hostile.

Like I said, I don't see a path forward. More and more anchors will leave and be replaced with Hookah joints.

Old Posted May 24, 2023, 2:22 PM
Philly Pholly

I love this project.
kinda not liking the address on top

Old Posted May 24, 2023, 4:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEFTA View Post
I love this project.
kinda not liking the address on top
I figured they would eventually give it a name like their other projects. The two on market ended up being the Ludlow and the Girard.

Old Posted May 24, 2023, 5:37 PM

Quote:
Not to hijack but yeah. 1st Friday is NOTHING like it used to be. It was a festival vibe when we moved in 2015. Now it's dead.

I think the problem is that the residents of OC aren't enough (or are the wrong demographic) to sustain a restaurant/bar district. People don't go out during the week and weekends can be a $hit-show. And the way it is now, there aren't a ton of people in town saying "hey, lets go to Old City!" Unless you want coffee or a wedding dress. Covid took a MASSIVE toll, causing many neighborhood anchors to leave. They filled in with crap that pushes the decision to invest in the area into the "nope" column. Even Stephen Starr bailed. And his HQ is right above the OG Continental, which has sat vacant for years now. At the moment, the front step is home to a rotation of homeless people ranging from passed out to straight up hostile.

Like I said, I don't see a path forward. More and more anchors will leave and be replaced with Hookah joints.
Haha, thanks for the heads up!

Maybe, just maybe the I95 Cap can help reinvigorate it? I do think there's a big difference north of Arch and South of Market on 2nd. They've definitely added housing on the northern half of OC. Maybe that'll help drive some commercial into soon-to-be-formerly-known-as-No-Mans-Land between Callowhill and SG.
But I do agree with you, OC has kinda stood still (NIMBYS!) while capital went essentially everywhere else in the city.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals