HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #15381  
Old Posted Sep 28, 2019, 2:27 PM
CrestedSaguaro's Avatar
CrestedSaguaro CrestedSaguaro is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 3,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASU Diablo View Post
Really? Well that’s good news then.
It will be expanded in a few months after the initial opening.
__________________
Ronnie Garrett
https://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?memberID=205
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #15382  
Old Posted Sep 29, 2019, 8:23 AM
TJPHXskyscraperfan TJPHXskyscraperfan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieFoos View Post
So the next 2 weeks will be busy with cranes going up if anyone likes watching that kind of thing.

This weekend, Kenect will get raised to full height and next weekend, X is scheduled to get it's crane put up. Not sure yet when AC will get one, but they are still just digging on that, so probably a month or so.
I thought Kenects crane was getting raised today, didn’t see anything happening, is that next weekend?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #15383  
Old Posted Sep 30, 2019, 1:04 AM
poconoboy61 poconoboy61 is offline
skyscrapers!
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 236
Took some very amateur shots around downtown this afternoon

Block 23/Fry's:










AC Marriott - Arizona Center:



Wexford:





X Phoenix:






Cambria:





Kenect:





Aspire Fillmore:





Hines:



The McKinley:



The Link:

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #15384  
Old Posted Sep 30, 2019, 1:22 AM
RichTempe RichTempe is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by poconoboy61 View Post
Took some very amateur shots around downtown this afternoon

Block 23/Fry's:

AC Marriott - Arizona Center:

Wexford:

X Phoenix:

Cambria:

Kenect:

Aspire Fillmore:

The McKinley:

The Link:

Great pics!!!! Thanks for taking the time to go around and get the shots as well as post them. Just what this thread needed!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #15385  
Old Posted Sep 30, 2019, 1:27 AM
ASU Diablo ASU Diablo is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,402
Thank you!!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #15386  
Old Posted Sep 30, 2019, 2:32 AM
xymox xymox is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichTempe View Post
Great pics!!!! Thanks for taking the time to go around and get the shots as well as post them. Just what this thread needed!
Yes - great shots.

So the crane was for which project?

We didn't get a crane for X or a raised crane for Kennec this weekend?
__________________
mmmm skyscraper, I love you....
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #15387  
Old Posted Sep 30, 2019, 5:30 AM
biggus diggus biggus diggus is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 2,365
Get off my lawn.
__________________
Please excuse the brevity, auto corrected words, and occasionally incoherent sentences as I'm usually posting from my phone.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #15388  
Old Posted Sep 30, 2019, 2:50 PM
PHX31's Avatar
PHX31 PHX31 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: PHX
Posts: 6,675
Thanks for the pictures!

How long until The Link and The Stewart are open to residents? Every opening brings the furthered likelihood of a continued roll for downtown.

Even with all of these projects, there are still a lot more to come. It's great some are being completed while others are in various stages of construction, all the way to the 1st floor getting off the ground. Pretty much guarantees a great next few years at least. By then, downtown Phoenix may be able to grow even during slow periods.

I'm going post these to the Phoenix Construction thread in the City Compilations subforum... the world needs to see there's a lot happening, even if they'll never believe Phoenix can have anything good.

Poconoboy61 - just tell me if you don't want them there and I'll take them down.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #15389  
Old Posted Sep 30, 2019, 3:05 PM
Mr.RE Mr.RE is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 529
I find it a bit too ambitious for the AC hotel to build a 16 story hotel tower in 12 months and start accepting reservations. Especially with the labor shortage going on. Hope they prove me wrong though!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #15390  
Old Posted Sep 30, 2019, 3:51 PM
ASUSunDevil ASUSunDevil is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 804
Palm Tower to break ground by the end of the year

https://azbigmedia.com/real-estate/3...ntown-phoenix/
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #15391  
Old Posted Sep 30, 2019, 3:58 PM
Obadno Obadno is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,595
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUSunDevil View Post
Palm Tower to break ground by the end of the year

https://azbigmedia.com/real-estate/3...ntown-phoenix/
I have my doubts but that would be incredible
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #15392  
Old Posted Sep 30, 2019, 4:53 PM
PHXFlyer11 PHXFlyer11 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
I have my doubts but that would be incredible
As do I. But they’ve already placed their bet. They need as much foot traffic around Arizona Center as possible, otherwise they risk disaster. I really hope there is some residential that comes along with the Mercado redevelopment as it can only help Arizona Center. They do have more land, so if they can develop the two towers and flip them, maybe they’d also want to then redevelopment the north of the complex and add apartments.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #15393  
Old Posted Sep 30, 2019, 4:58 PM
biggus diggus biggus diggus is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 2,365
Did they sell the parcels to developers? Or are the owners of AZ Center building these towers? If it's the latter they're setting this up for a sale in a few years.

edit: answered my own question, both of those AZ Center parcels with building plans were sold to different developers.
__________________
Please excuse the brevity, auto corrected words, and occasionally incoherent sentences as I'm usually posting from my phone.

Last edited by biggus diggus; Sep 30, 2019 at 5:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #15394  
Old Posted Sep 30, 2019, 5:31 PM
Obadno Obadno is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,595
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXFlyer11 View Post
As do I. But they’ve already placed their bet. They need as much foot traffic around Arizona Center as possible, otherwise they risk disaster. I really hope there is some residential that comes along with the Mercado redevelopment as it can only help Arizona Center. They do have more land, so if they can develop the two towers and flip them, maybe they’d also want to then redevelopment the north of the complex and add apartments.
With ASU, the Hotel and LINK just a block away I think they will have enough foot traffic to survive but I agree they need a good amount of in place captive residence to make sure its consistently full.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #15395  
Old Posted Sep 30, 2019, 5:36 PM
Obadno Obadno is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,595
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX31 View Post
Thanks for the pictures!

How long until The Link and The Stewart are open to residents? Every opening brings the furthered likelihood of a continued roll for downtown.

Even with all of these projects, there are still a lot more to come. It's great some are being completed while others are in various stages of construction, all the way to the 1st floor getting off the ground. Pretty much guarantees a great next few years at least. By then, downtown Phoenix may be able to grow even during slow periods.

I'm going post these to the Phoenix Construction thread in the City Compilations subforum... the world needs to see there's a lot happening, even if they'll never believe Phoenix can have anything good.

Poconoboy61 - just tell me if you don't want them there and I'll take them down.
Yeah everyone seems on edge but a mild recession but with the momentum in the city right now maybe we can pull an Austin circa 2008 and have our local
Economy blow right throw the general average trends.

It’s already happening with wage growth, job growth and rental prices which are increasing faster than the national rate and rents are increasing here while declining nationally.

Hell at this point a recession might just cause more California’s and midwesterners to flee here and bring their wealth with them keeping our local situation afloat, basically the opposite of 08’
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #15396  
Old Posted Sep 30, 2019, 6:00 PM
ASUSunDevil ASUSunDevil is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
Yeah everyone seems on edge but a mild recession but with the momentum in the city right now maybe we can pull an Austin circa 2008 and have our local
Economy blow right throw the general average trends.

It’s already happening with wage growth, job growth and rental prices which are increasing faster than the national rate and rents are increasing here while declining nationally.

Hell at this point a recession might just cause more California’s and midwesterners to flee here and bring their wealth with them keeping our local situation afloat, basically the opposite of 08’
^ Exactly. Not all markets are created equal.

While PHX might not have the historic inventory of other large cities, it clears the way for a 'shiny new city' like the ones that have emerged in Asia (for the sake of comparison). Combine that with a large inventory of post-war homes (attractive purchase for millennials) and the PHX/Tempe/Scottsdale core is positioned nicely for continued growth.

Last edited by ASUSunDevil; Sep 30, 2019 at 6:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #15397  
Old Posted Sep 30, 2019, 6:27 PM
TJPHXskyscraperfan TJPHXskyscraperfan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX31 View Post
Thanks for the pictures!

How long until The Link and The Stewart are open to residents? Every opening brings the furthered likelihood of a continued roll for downtown.

Even with all of these projects, there are still a lot more to come. It's great some are being completed while others are in various stages of construction, all the way to the 1st floor getting off the ground. Pretty much guarantees a great next few years at least. By then, downtown Phoenix may be able to grow even during slow periods.

I'm going post these to the Phoenix Construction thread in the City Compilations subforum... the world needs to see there's a lot happening, even if they'll never believe Phoenix can have anything good.


Poconoboy61 - just tell me if you don't want them there and I'll take them down.
The Stewart has been open for a few months and The Link just opened September 1st.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #15398  
Old Posted Sep 30, 2019, 6:41 PM
combusean's Avatar
combusean combusean is offline
Skyriser
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: The Alameda, San José, California
Posts: 5,974
That canyon on Washington with the brick contrast on the Ryan is just beautiful. I have long waited for that to fill.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #15399  
Old Posted Sep 30, 2019, 6:51 PM
Obadno Obadno is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,595
Quote:
Originally Posted by combusean View Post
That canyon on Washington with the brick contrast on the Ryan is just beautiful. I have long waited for that to fill.
Just imagine if the Hines plans to replace convention center south come to fruition. We will have, by then, several really nice street canyons
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #15400  
Old Posted Sep 30, 2019, 7:28 PM
combusean's Avatar
combusean combusean is offline
Skyriser
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: The Alameda, San José, California
Posts: 5,974
^ I really hope they don't do that or either the convention center remains the same rentable size with any redevelopment.

It's ridiculous to spend $600 million to expand it then downsize it later at the whim of real-estate developers.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 3:24 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.