HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Business & the Economy

Old Posted Aug 9, 2016, 4:52 PM

The plan is condos and a tech hub to keep the jobs focus. As long as the job space is quite substantial I'm ok with a decent amount of residential here, industrial doesn't make much sense in this part of town anymore.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2016, 12:54 AM

It's funny that everyone seems to think industry leaving this area is fine but when I suggested that eyesore concrete plant on Granville Island move out, a number of posters got all up in arms.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2016, 4:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnext View Post
It's funny that everyone seems to think industry leaving this area is fine but when I suggested that eyesore concrete plant on Granville Island move out, a number of posters got all up in arms.
I don't recall that having been discussed in here for ages. But hey, the added the paintings so it is not an eyesore anymore. Definitely something unique and unexpected at that location.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2016, 5:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnext View Post
I would think it is a good idea to have concrete plants near construction sites. Mixing concrete in Chilliwack and trucking it to a job site in Vancouver may pose problems. Brewing beer in Chilliwack and trucking it to Vancouver is less problematic.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2016, 7:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper View Post
I would think it is a good idea to have concrete plants near construction sites. Mixing concrete in Chilliwack and trucking it to a job site in Vancouver may pose problems. Brewing beer in Chilliwack and trucking it to Vancouver is less problematic.
Esp when you consider they want the concrete to be poured within 90 minutes and it's going to take longer than that to drive from Chilliwack to downtown Van. They'd probably want it mixed and loaded into the trucks north of the Fraser.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2016, 2:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornholio View Post
To be fair Abbotsofrd last I heard had the best tap watter in the world according to atleast one competition.
http://www.abbynews.com/news/247583121.html

Chilliwack last year had supposedly the best water in BC.

http://www.chilliwacktimes.com/news/305218251.html

Basically the aquifers in the valley have some of the best water in the world and I am sure the brewery will tap them.
yup the water in the valley from hope to langley is all naturally filter fraser river water. It filters through layers of sandstone. Metro Vancouver has deep wells in fort langley some of the best water in gvrd

Old Posted Aug 17, 2016, 2:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
Last I heard, this land is designated industrial use only. Not sure what Concord is planning, but they don't do industrial.
Not true they have a division called Concord Green Energy. It is a green power generation company

Old Posted Aug 17, 2016, 2:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Esp when you consider they want the concrete to be poured within 90 minutes and it's going to take longer than that to drive from Chilliwack to downtown Van. They'd probably want it mixed and loaded into the trucks north of the Fraser.
That is what the engineers want but it is very surprising how far concrete travels and sits in a day. Its not uncommon for 5-6 trucks lined up full hiding 2 or 3 blocks away having coffee waiting to unload. If you look at plant locations and i have had concrete from tilbury for port work at neptune terminals. Today's mix designs and chemicals allows a lot more flexibility. May not make better concrete

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Business & the Economy