HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Sep 22, 2020, 4:20 AM

New Page. One Hundred Above the Park post on previous page.

The Verve at 3765 Lindell

Construction has gone vertical on this 79-unit apartment development across the street from SLU in the Midtown-Grand Center neighborhood. This will be 7-stories. This project has been moving surprisingly fast. I believe they want it ready by next fall for students. At the rate they're going, they'll be up to the 4th floor by Christmas and top out sometime in February or early March.

Units here will range in size from 300sf (for a studio) to just over 1200sf for a 4-bedroom unit. Rents are not provided yet. No retail space though. Modus Studio of Fayetteville Arkansas is the architect. Collegiate Development Group is the developer. Brinkmann is the constructor.

Rendering for those who may have forgotten what this will look like.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2020, 4:32 AM

City Foundry STL

Office space here is about 95% leased. The shops and food hall have yet to open. I took a walk around the on September 9th and 10th and snapped these pictures. Everything will be open come Spring. This project is in the Midtown neighborhood.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2020, 4:35 AM

A few more renderings of Forsyth Point in Clayton. These are of the ground floor, lobby, and sky park. I have no construction update photos, but the building is starting to go vertical with some pillars sticking out of the hole that will become part of the parking garage.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2020, 4:45 PM
IWant2BeInSTL

Infill planned to replace the burned-down Macklind Ave Deli in the Southampton neighborhood

Quote:
First floor parking with a small retail space and 20 total units (all 1 bedroom) over 2 floors.

image source

Old Posted Sep 23, 2020, 6:57 PM
Proud Homer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWant2BeInSTL View Post
Nashville is growing at the moment and St. Louis isn't, so not sure who would fill a bunch of new skyscrapers. On the other hand, outside of downtown/midtown Nashville has a long way to go to match St. Louis' urban landscape.
Perhaps I should clarify some things.

I think if developers are now building these large apartment complexes (like 4545 Laclede, 200 units) and others throughout the city, which usually have large footprints, they could at least (and should) go more vertical in some areas.

There's no need for "a bunch of new skyscrapers", but more than a few would great.

Why keep building these big bulky complexes in areas like the CWE and Midtown when it's obvious demand for land is increasing and property values are rising as a result? Build vertically.

There'd be more land to play with in those highly desired areas and more money to be made by property owners.

With that said, I do realize that variables/factors come into play- like cost per unit to build, population growth, area of town, deep pocket investors etc.,

But St. Louis - historically - has been adverse to height and it's time to grow up.

To be fair, it's happening some but there is still room for more daring vertical development in St Louis, in my opinion.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2020, 7:16 PM
Proud Homer!

I am liking The Foundry. Who would've thunk that this place, which I've passed by a million times (shaking my head), would have turned out this nice. Such a great job.

My only complaint is the graffiti which I assume they will be leaving on the former railroad pillars. I despise graffiti and I don't think this is a good look. It could encourage rouge taggers to spray up the place.

City Foundry by Chris Stritzel, on Flickr

Old Posted Sep 23, 2020, 9:06 PM
IWant2BeInSTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch City View Post
Perhaps I should clarify some things.

I think if developers are now building these large apartment complexes (like 4545 Laclede, 200 units) and others throughout the city, which usually have large footprints, they could at least (and should) go more vertical in some areas.

There's no need for "a bunch of new skyscrapers", but more than a few would great.

Why keep building these big bulky complexes in areas like the CWE and Midtown when it's obvious demand for land is increasing and property values are rising as a result? Build vertically.

There'd be more land to play with in those highly desired areas and more money to be made by property owners.

With that said, I do realize that variables/factors come into play- like cost per unit to build, population growth, area of town, deep pocket investors etc.,

But St. Louis - historically - has been adverse to height and it's time to grow up.

To be fair, it's happening some but there is still room for more daring vertical development in St Louis, in my opinion.
if it were cheaper for developers to build tall rather than wide i'm guessing they would. unfortunately there's still a ton of empty space that lends itself to large footprints and the land is relatively cheap so it just doesn't make financial sense for them to build tall in most parts of the city. i wouldn't mind seeing a few more high rise projects in the denser nodes (DT, CWE, Clayton, maybe Midtown) but i'm totally fine with mostly 3-6 story infill all over the place. the CWE and Clayton seem the most likely candidates for high rise projects. DT still has large buildings in need of rehab and not much demand for office. if St. Louis were in Canada it would probably have a skyline rivaling Montreal's but, alas, the US is a suburban wasteland and St. Louis jumped on the sprawl wagon a long time ago.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2020, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch City View Post
I am liking The Foundry. Who would've thunk that this place, which I've passed by a million times (shaking my head), would have turned out this nice. Such a great job.

My only complaint is the graffiti which I assume they will be leaving on the former railroad pillars. I despise graffiti and I don't think this is a good look. It could encourage rouge taggers to spray up the place.
Graffiti is also featured inside as well. From my tour in January, I remember Steve Smith saying they were going to leave the family friendly graffiti pieces to make the space more unique. You're not the only one to question the decision.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2020, 1:00 AM

12 Apartments Planned in Gravois Park

Quote:
Blackline is planning what could be considered a "phase two" of the redevelopment of the Louis Lange Publishing Company building at 3600 Texas Avenue in the Gravois Park neighborhood. The firm is planning to build a 12-unit apartment building in a row house style just south of the Lange Building at 3620 Texas. Apartments here will be market rate with rents starting around $900 per month, which is comparable to the Lange Building. The site is grass currently, so no demolition is required.

The project will only feature one-bedroom units that are laid out in a "shotgun" house style. This means that each apartment will be a single floor within each "house", if that makes sense. Behind the apartment building, a new parking lot with parking for 9 cars will be poured. The parking lot is right up against in the alley in this case.

The estimated cost for the development is $950,000. A 10-year, 95% tax abatement was requested for the project and has yet to be reviewed but the abatement is expected to be approved.
Story Link: https://www.cityscene-stl.com/post/b...n-gravois-park

Renderings...

Site...

The Lange...

Old Posted Sep 24, 2020, 11:10 PM
IWant2BeInSTL

Views from the 36th floor of 100 Kingshighway are pretty spectacular

photos by chriss752 at urbanstl.com

Old Posted Sep 25, 2020, 12:23 AM

There are very few cities where you can get unobstructed views that spectacular.

If I could afford those east views, I would never leave the balcony.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2020, 8:36 AM
Proud Homer!

Video by "Amar"

Driving south along North Kingshighway Blvd. in the Central West End. The driver then briefly heads back north.

Video Link

Old Posted Oct 4, 2020, 8:59 PM
Proud Homer!

Forsyth Pointe Construction progress drone flyover

Footprint & tower cranes from Shaw Park in downtown Clayton

Footprint & tower cranes from Shaw Park Plaza Building in Clayton

Old Posted Oct 7, 2020, 10:36 PM
IWant2BeInSTL

Vacant Dutchtown School to Become Apartments

https://www.cityscene-stl.com/post/v...ome-apartments

Quote:
The vacant St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic School, and former Taproots School, at 4021 Iowa is set to become apartments.

Blackline, the company behind the Texas Avenue apartments and other projects, is planning a $4.9 million redevelopment of the building. Plans call for 25 market-rate apartments, consisting of 17, one-bedroom units and 8, two-bedroom units, in addition to 29 parking spaces. The project is the latest in conversions of former schools in St. Louis becoming loft-style apartments or creative office space.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2020, 10:55 PM
IWant2BeInSTL

Luxury townhomes being marketed for the 5300 block of Wilson Ave in The Hill neighborhood

photo by Elek.borrelli at urbanstl.com: link

The site is the far right corner in the street view below:

Old Posted Oct 11, 2020, 4:18 PM
IWant2BeInSTL

Some Grove construction updates from chriss752 at urbanstl.com: link

Quote:
4143 Manchester (Everest Bar expansion + 6 apartments)...

Quote:
4440 Manchester has structural steel being assembled on the first floor...

Quote:
Green Street Swan (Terra in the Grove): The site is leveled.

Quote:
New house on Swan east of Taylor...

Quote:
New row homes on Swan just west of Tower Grove...

Quote:
Some houses on Hunt being renovated and expanded...

Quote:
The Dogwood...

Quote:
[Missouri] Foundation for Health building....

All photos by chriss752 at urbanstl.com: link

Old Posted Oct 11, 2020, 4:37 PM
IWant2BeInSTL

GoBrandGo marketing firm redeveloping Carondelet School (8221 Minnesota) for new HQ

Quote:
The commission, under the St. Louis Development Corp. umbrella, unanimously agreed Tuesday to recommend the Board of Aldermen grant a 10-year tax abatement based on 90% of the assessed value for the former Carondelet School, 8221 Minnesota Ave., in the Patch neighborhood.

GoBrandGo plans to occupy the top floor for its headquarters and use the bottom two floors and basement space for a business learning center for its clients, the majority of whom are $25 million to $250 million manufacturing firms, company officials told the EEZB on Tuesday.
link to Biz Journal article from January

Quote:
$950k building permit issued
link to quote

Old Posted Oct 11, 2020, 4:44 PM
IWant2BeInSTL

St. Louis Chess Club details 20,000-square-foot expansion in Central West End

Quote:
The 20,000-square foot area will encompass a larger club facility and Kingside Diner, adjacent to the existing club. The expansion will allocate the entire first floor to classroom space, an expanded area for tournaments, an improved community gathering space, and an elevator and other ADA-compliant upgrades. Revamped technology will be incorporated throughout the chess campus, officials said.

In addition to increased interest in chess drawing more players and fans to the region, increased viewership and participation in online chess during the pandemic prompted officials to include an improved video production studio to live stream from the club on Twitch.tv, YouTube and other social media platforms.
link to Biz Journal article

Images from STLToday.com: link

Old Posted Oct 14, 2020, 4:39 PM
IWant2BeInSTL

5-phase, $80+ million mixed use development planned for Delmar Blvd between N. Kingshighway and N. Taylor

link to St. Louis TIF Commission packet

Here's a better rendering of the Euclid & Delmar building courtesy of chriss752 at urbantsl.com:

Old Posted Oct 16, 2020, 9:15 PM

Any upcoming projects at SLU?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations