HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Sep 5, 2012, 1:07 AM
heavy user of walkability

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbad View Post
just a couple shots looking up and down Third St. I was just imagining that for a person in 2002, say, this scene would be hardly recognizable. ...
... and while not strictly Mission Bay, Curbed points out much more is on the way for Third just south of it (Dogpatch).

Old Posted Sep 10, 2012, 8:21 AM

updates

a few shots from this afternoon...

first, the north side of block 2 as seen from 4th and Channel:

and the south side, with block 3 starting to rise above street level on the right:

and a broader view looking north up 4th:

in the vicinity, blocks 5, 13 and 11 all seem to be in pause after driving test piles.

over at the public safety building, the floor is now concrete:

and, dust to dust, no more cement facility:

down at Potrero Launch, Illinois has a new curb, so should get a sidewalk soon. noticed there is not much street action at sidewalk level on that side of the building - one entrance about mid-block, and one door at the north end. we'll see how it shapes up.

around the corner, the Saitowitz building is going up quickly, and I'll post pics as soon as it starts to look like something.

Old Posted Sep 11, 2012, 1:49 AM

Kaiser Mission Bay

socketsite has some renderings of the Kaiser Medical Building proposed for just the other side of 280 from Mission Bay proper, on 16th.

apparently Potrero Hill residents are not enthusiastic about it. my initial reaction is that, that far down the Hill and at the intersection of Mission Bay and Showplace Square, I don't have a problem with it. of course, it's not blocking my view, either.

Old Posted Sep 11, 2012, 6:32 PM

Design presentation (PDF) on UCSF's office building planned for Block 25A...northeast corner of 16th and 4th. Construction to start early next year (Feb/Mar) in order to be ready by August 2014 or so, ahead of the hospital opening.

Old Posted Sep 11, 2012, 7:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCowboy View Post
Design presentation (PDF) on UCSF's office building planned for Block 25A...northeast corner of 16th and 4th. Construction to start early next year (Feb/Mar) in order to be ready by August 2014 or so, ahead of the hospital opening.
cool, thanks! socketsite also has a blurb today

Old Posted Sep 15, 2012, 7:19 PM

well, that was fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCowboy View Post
UCSF's office building planned for Block 25A...Construction to start early next year (Feb/Mar)...
maybe this is not officially 'construction' yet, but yesterday morning they were working to clear at least parcel 25B, adjacent to 25A. (maybe they are getting ready to move the parking and trailers, which I think are for the campus police, from the one lot to the other.) looking northwest across the intersection of 3rd and 16th:

looking southwest:

Last edited by timbad; Sep 15, 2012 at 7:29 PM.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2012, 4:33 AM

Duty-free store mogul Chuck Feeney has given UCSF $20 million for the faculty office building that will be going up at 16th and 4th.

This guy is amazing...he's given UCSF almost $300 million for Mission Bay projects, including $125 million for the hospitals, $125 million for the cardiovascular building, and $20 million for the cancer building.

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranci....html?page=all

Old Posted Sep 20, 2012, 12:27 AM

The latest Mission Bay Kids' Park design is out along with some tidbits on that UCSF building:

http://www.livesoma.com/2012/09/18/m...ing-september/

Old Posted Sep 22, 2012, 6:37 PM

Interesting that Bosa would decide to develop Block 12 first before 13, which is already cleared and ready for development. I wonder how soon they are planning to get started, i.e. how soon those buildings will be demolished. Can't wait to see them come down and finally have that whole area cleared.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2012, 5:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brady73 View Post
Interesting that Bosa would decide to develop Block 12 first before 13, which is already cleared and ready for development. I wonder how soon they are planning to get started, i.e. how soon those buildings will be demolished. Can't wait to see them come down and finally have that whole area cleared.
Here is an old (2007) rendering of block 13W:

Source: www.jandcconsulting.com

Anyone have renderings of 12E?

Old Posted Sep 29, 2012, 4:39 PM

Latest SF Bus. Times article confirms Bosa wants to start Block 12 project by the end of the year. Not sure if that can happen since they have to demolish the buildings first, and Mission Bay development corp. has to move out of their offices before that can happen, so we'll see what happens over the next 3 months. Either way, it sounds like it's happening sooner v. later. Can't wait to to see that area transform over the next 2 years. Really wish they would finish off the park parcels under 280 south of the creek to complete the loop and make it an enjoyable walk all the way around. That section is disgusting to walk through now.

"By the end of the year, Bosa hopes to start on a third condo project in Mission Bay with 267 units between Fifth and Sixth street"

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranci...ers-up-to.html

Old Posted Oct 1, 2012, 7:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brady73 View Post
Interesting that Bosa would decide to develop Block 12 first before 13, which is already cleared and ready for development. ...
there is some activity happening in the wide no-man's land that will be the central MB parcels, and I assume it is prep for some of the roads, but it is hard to tell since it is in the distance from my usual vantage points. here, though, you can see piping that will eventually run under Channel St when it is extended (from the left of the pic) into its new alignment farther south from the creek, to connect with the traffic circle. the pipe trailing away from the viewer is heading for block 12E just beyond. looking southeast:

Old Posted Oct 1, 2012, 7:48 AM

a few random shots from here and there...

here are blocks 2 and 3 on the right, looking north up 4th:

they were laying pipe in the little alley between blocks 2 (left) and 3 this week:

across the way on block 13E, pile driving continues. on block 5, they tore up the asphalt at some point, but I think otherwise they are in pause there:

over at the public safety building, the floor of the big hole is still being worked on:

and they've been plugging away at the surface part of the site along Third as well:

down at Potrero Launch, the sidewalk along Third is being placed (looking south):

looking north:

and some planting has gone in on the Illinois side (nice):

Old Posted Oct 14, 2012, 10:49 PM
Triptastic Gen X Snoozer

Here's a huge, recent aerial (October 1st) with a good view of Mission Bay:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/seua_yai/8053306258/

Old Posted Oct 24, 2012, 5:03 AM

love aerials!! thanks fflint

here a re-hash/progress report from mostly the same vantage points as in the last update...

blocks 2 and 3 are gradually being taken higher. block 2, corner of 4th and Channel:

looking east down what will be the alleyway between the two blocks:

looking north up 4th:

this is block 5, looking a little tidier than at last visit:

piles were still being driven on block 13E, which you can barely see in the background of the previous pic.

fencing is down and sidewalks are in down at Potrero Launch, but they were still putting finishing touches on entryways and internal walkways. Third St side:

and Illinois side:

over at the public safety building, they've begun weaving one of the largest rebar-rugs I've ever seen (foreground. background is the home of your NL Champions):

looking back the other way

Old Posted Oct 24, 2012, 11:29 PM

Photos taken October 24, 2012

Old Posted Oct 25, 2012, 5:32 AM

excellent, minicute, thank you!! you have a great vantage point from what looks to be Arterra, with a better overview of what's going on in the inner MB parcels. if you are there frequently, please keep 'em coming! and if I can be greedy and presumptuous, even bigger photos would be well received!

Old Posted Oct 25, 2012, 6:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbad View Post
excellent, minicute, thank you!! you have a great vantage point from what looks to be Arterra, with a better overview of what's going on in the inner MB parcels. if you are there frequently, please keep 'em coming! and if I can be greedy and presumptuous, even bigger photos would be well received!
Glad you liked the photos. Sure, I'll post some more as it develops. I'd like to post bigger photos but it seems like Picasa is limited me to that size. Where do you upload your photos to?

Old Posted Oct 25, 2012, 7:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minicute View Post
Glad you liked the photos. Sure, I'll post some more as it develops. I'd like to post bigger photos but it seems like Picasa is limited me to that size. Where do you upload your photos to?
try one of these:

www.imgur.com
www.photobucket.com
www.flickr.com
www.imageshack.us

Old Posted Oct 28, 2012, 8:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minicute View Post
I'd like to post bigger photos but it seems like Picasa is limited me to that size. Where do you upload your photos to?
I use flickr (one of the ones tech12 mentioned). its 'share' option lets you pick from various sizes, up to the original size of the photo. (I use the 'large' setting)

just one more from today... block 5 was in action again, with more pile-driving in evidence

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development