HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Nov 9, 2021, 1:55 AM
New Yorker for life

Finally was able to get up to the Summit last week, and it was an amazing experience. Truly unique among the decks, as they all are trying to care out a corner of the observation market. Let me just say, for anyone who's thinking we may be getting too many decks - NO Way. I wasn't expecting the place to be immediately swamped they way it is now, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised. It just makes me wish other decks were opening sooner.

Two observations: First, as amazing as everything was, it shouldn't be forgotten that New York City is and always will be the star. That's what we go up there for.

For my second observation, and it's more of a rant that I don't want to get into right now, it makes absolutely no sense to put the ledges there for photo ops only. They give you a couple of seconds to step in, and look up at the camera, for a photo they will charge you for later. You don't even get to look down on what it is you're supposed to be amazed by. Absolutely ridiculous.

So, on to some pics...

NOVEMBER 4, 2021

For anyone wondering, the deck entrance is in Grand Central, just off the Shuttle entrance...

I was told this was a light day, didn't seem that way to me.

I didn't think it was a good idea to put bags on our feet, then send us down a dark hall...

But it's all worth it for the awesome skyline views.

This is the line for the ledges. You'll stand in line for a photo op you're expected to buy. Forget about the view.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture