HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted May 18, 2021, 1:02 PM

Tower crane (yellow) being erected right now. The first crane for a new high-rise in downtown Wilmington since the WSFS Building about 15 years ago.

Old Posted May 18, 2021, 1:51 PM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawnadelphia View Post
Tower crane (yellow) being erected right now. The first crane for a new high-rise in downtown Wilmington since the WSFS Building about 15 years ago.

I thought the last one was the Riverfront Towers? WSFS is that new huh.

Old Posted May 18, 2021, 2:01 PM

^I'm distinguishing between Downtown and the Riverfront. But they were back to back, WSFS and the taller Riverfront tower were under construction at basically the same time. WSFS finished in 2006, and 2005-2007 was the construction timeline for the second Riverfront tower at Christina Landing. Either way, its been too long!

Old Posted May 18, 2021, 4:08 PM

Great to see a tower crane up in Wilmington! Hopefully more to come

Old Posted May 18, 2021, 10:58 PM

New here (moved from Seattle, where tower cranes seem to grow like trees) - figured I'd check out the new flat-top on the skyline.

The northeast corner of the site is already mostly flattened, and since the crane is here, hopefully it goes vertical soon.

Do we know what the parking will look like? Assuming it'll be inside the low-rise portion

Old Posted May 18, 2021, 11:49 PM

^Greetings, welcome! And thanks for the pics.

There will be 124 parking spots, you're right, most of them will be under the low rise portions, but a few are under the tower.

Here's the bird's eye view of the parking level (the existing building on the corner is grayed out).

Old Posted May 19, 2021, 1:39 AM

Looking good!

Old Posted May 19, 2021, 2:30 AM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Quote:
^I'm distinguishing between Downtown and the Riverfront. But they were back to back, WSFS and the taller Riverfront tower were under construction at basically the same time. WSFS finished in 2006, and 2005-2007 was the construction timeline for the second Riverfront tower at Christina Landing. Either way, its been too long!
Ohh ok that makes sense thats crazy that was 15 years ago.

Good to see some action happening im glad we are getting the boom now.

Also Jawn are you PublicImage on reddit?

Old Posted May 19, 2021, 2:31 AM
Tony V / ValuezTV

[QUOTE=ZSuede;9284515]New here (moved from Seattle, where tower cranes seem to grow like trees) - figured I'd check out the new flat-top on the skyline.

The northeast corner of the site is already mostly flattened, and since the crane is here, hopefully it goes vertical soon.

Do we know what the parking will look like? Assuming it'll be inside the low-rise portion

Welcome Zsuede glad to have you around and especially in the Philly Tri-State.

Get ready for the fun and bullshit

Old Posted May 22, 2021, 3:23 AM

Are we counting the Wilmington Hospital expansion tower as downtown? That had a crane and I believe it was around 2012-2014 somewhere around then.

Old Posted May 22, 2021, 9:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiesthelimit View Post
Are we counting the Wilmington Hospital expansion tower as downtown? That had a crane and I believe it was around 2012-2014 somewhere around then.
We’re talking about for a new high rise building (12 levels/floor or more). That crane was nothing like this boy, as far as I remember.

Old Posted May 22, 2021, 9:42 AM

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPJDfdaLt7k/

There are way too surface parking lots in downtown Wilmington as this overhead shows, so glad to see one of them bite the dust. If a big development like this will help get a few other developers to take a look at Wilmington--we shall see. There are so many lots to build upon.

Old Posted May 22, 2021, 3:38 PM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Quote:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPJDfdaLt7k/

There are way too surface parking lots in downtown Wilmington as this overhead shows, so glad to see one of them bite the dust. If a big development like this will help get a few other developers to take a look at Wilmington--we shall see. There are so many lots to build upon.
I was staying in the Sheraton last weekend & I must say that is a very nice hotel modern rooms, great staff & overall good experience, I’m pissed covid causes restaurants in hotels to close but they will reopen soon.

However I noticed at least 3 open lots behind the Sheraton we have so many lots in the city that when we do get the skyscraper boom again it will cause us to go from 80’s philly to 2000’s philly.

The change will be remarkable & I see it coming. Wilmington has changed so much in the past 5 years it’s crazy we definitely are getting alot of attention. I see at least 3 “Moving to Wilmington” posts on reddit a week now.

While we still have people in New castle county scared to come to the city & say how bad it is on facebook.

Also how will Wilmington become stronger? We have to annex land to add on more population & power but how will we do so with New Castle slowing us down?

Old Posted May 23, 2021, 1:58 PM

Thanks Jawnadelphia and TonyTone - glad to be here!

Here are pics from this morning. Some stacks of rebar in the first one, and what looks like the beginning of some pillars & a small mat in the second one

Old Posted May 23, 2021, 11:53 PM

https://www.nilesbolton.com/news/van...-design-awards

Niles Bolton architects also did this building on Temple's campus -- the glass part of the building appears to be pretty close to the Crosby Hill design. I'm sure CH will be a lot nicer though as far as the facade, and the crown should really stand out. Also, the signs on site and press conference this week announced this project will be completed in the Fall of 2022. They aren't messing around.

Old Posted May 25, 2021, 2:01 PM

Buccini/Pollin plans $62M apartment complex in Wilmington

Article behind paywall here:
https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...apartment.html

Old Posted Jun 4, 2021, 10:20 PM

Going vertical! They're wasting no time with this thing

Old Posted Jun 19, 2021, 1:29 PM

From Market Street - this is will look great towering over the Victorian and Art Deco beauties on Market.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2021, 3:40 PM

From N Orange and 6th Sts this morning

Old Posted Jul 23, 2021, 11:00 AM

Local college student writes Op-Ed in The News Journal bashing "Crosby Hill" -- read all about it!:
https://www.delawareonline.com/story...es/8041254002/

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive