HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Hermitage Plaza I in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Courbevoie (Paris) Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Mar 19, 2012, 7:48 PM

Construction will begin on 03/15

http://www.lemoniteur.fr/133-amenage...truire-delivre
(in french)

Old Posted Mar 19, 2012, 10:25 PM

These buildings are going to remind me of the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center a lot. Now all we need is Philippe Petit to do his tightrope act.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2012, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babou95
Sorry bro, construction has obviously not begun. It won't before at least the end of the year.
For now, all we've seen is some sort of protection panels being set up on a Damier building for asbestos removal.
Let's remain patient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadcruiser1
These buildings are going to remind me of the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center a lot. Now all we need is Philippe Petit to do his tightrope act.
Thanks for telling about the Man on Wire, I had never heard of him. Terrific cool nuts.
You're not alone about this feeling, it will more or less be on everybody's mind of course, which is not necessarily a good thing for these buildings. I understand that you feel okay about it, which honors you as a New Yorker but for example, I saw a few French comments here and there talking about terrorist attacks, saying it's a bad idea. I rather fear that some traumatized folks might take these twins as an offense, which would be wrong but very easily forgivable.

Lots of twin things were built everywhere throughout the ages; locally only...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Les tours de Notre Dame, 1225-1250.

Les Mercuriales (Levant et Ponant), completed 1977.

Chassagne et Alicante, completed 1995.
Lots of others I forget. In fact, what will remind us all of NY's former WTC about those 2 is their tremendous impact in the skyline.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2012, 6:49 PM

Real estate news website BusinessImmo reports that a local organization has been sentenced to pay €600,000 (all costs caused by the appeal they lodged) for judicial abuse.
Hopefully the judgement of the court regarding that particular appeal will discourage all others. Hermitage - obviously satisfied and probably more self-confident than ever - is advocating for shortening the delays to judge those appeals. We've been wasting much time and energy because of a few tens of people trying to get the biggest possible compensation from us, they say.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2012, 3:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babou95 View Post

http://www.lemoniteur.fr/133-amenage...truire-delivre
(in french)
Can you please translated into English? Thanks, Guys. What is say something onto the news.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2012, 9:04 AM

The article was written when the building permit has been granted to the developer, that was a crucial step. Other than that, it doesn't bring anything new.
The project arouses some harsh opposition still trying to make it fail, taking it to court. Opponents are amazingly enraged. They've lodged a bunch of appeals against the project, the developer has to wait for the judgement in every case.
That's still where we're at. We'll bring the news when it's important.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2012, 4:18 PM
Come As You Are

I can understand opposition if this was a site with a historical landmark building... but what is here is just an ugly terraced commieblock. With Lego cladding. NIMBYS need to get their priorities straight.

^^BTW I love Les Mercuriales

Old Posted Aug 2, 2012, 4:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy View Post
^^BTW I love Les Mercuriales
Lol thanks for them. They go pretty unnoticed cause not located in a famous area.

Yea well, the opposition partly went on an ideological ground. The local far left thinks it's a shame to demolish some affordable lease housing for something meant for millionaires. It must also be a symbol that disturbs them. But it actually can be helpful, of course. The rich that will live in there won't be elsewhere, it increases the housing offer somehow and above all there are 3000 stable jobs to take in, that's something when our country has been suffering from too much unemployment for decades, literally.
Otherwise, there are a few simple tenants who're no politicians, they've just lived in the buildings to be demolished for very long and refuse to leave. The law as it is grants them a legal right to defend themselves. That's just democracy, we all submit it, but since they're not the owners of anything in the buildings, I guess they'll eventually lose.
In all, the active opponents must be only a few dozens, but they're VERY active.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2012, 6:52 PM

Very good news on this article

In french

http://infos.trouver-un-logement-neu...laza-1801.html

summary:

French justice allows the demolition of "Les damiers" and it normally will begin before the end of this year. Moreover, this article say the construction of the 2 towers should begin in spring 2013

(sorry for my english)

Old Posted Dec 19, 2012, 1:16 AM
Come As You Are

^^ That article's from September

Old Posted Dec 19, 2012, 3:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousquet View Post
You're not alone about this feeling, it will more or less be on everybody's mind of course, which is not necessarily a good thing for these buildings. I understand that you feel okay about it, which honors you as a New Yorker but for example, I saw a few French comments here and there talking about terrorist attacks, saying it's a bad idea. I rather fear that some traumatized folks might take these twins as an offense, which would be wrong but very easily forgivable.

Lots of twin things were built everywhere throughout the ages; locally only...

Lots of others I forget. In fact, what will remind us all of NY's former WTC about those 2 is their tremendous impact in the skyline.
-
Any New Yorker who is offended by twin buildings being built across the ocean is not a real New Yorker. NYC has built several twin buildings since 9/11, with more proposed/approved.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2012, 7:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy View Post
^^ That article's from September
Yeah, I know but I think Hermitage had begun the demolition because they lost many money because of the justice procedures but I don't leave at Paris or nearly Courbevoie so i can't go to take some photos :/

Old Posted Dec 27, 2012, 6:56 PM

Babou's just impatient, which I totally understand. Far beyond the impact of those towers in la Défense's skyline, we need that mixed use skyscraper concept to be finally imported in the metro area. We're already badly late in that matter because of a bunch of selfish/self-centered Gallic retards. Meanwhile, any house/apartment (including tons of run-down shitholes) within 20 miles around Notre Dame has become overpriced. The housing policy in Paris is disastrously backward and awkward. And who the nut wants to live in their ugly cheap social housing after all? while at the same time, it remains the wealthiest metro area in Europe. I sometimes wonder how that's possible. There's something wrong in there, the people get screwed somehow.
That's enough. Let that shit get built then it'll change a little around here.
And fuck hard anybody that doesn't like that change for the better.
Dammit.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2012, 7:10 PM

Amen.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2013, 9:23 PM
New Yorker for life

http://www.tradearabia.com/news/INTNEWS_232273.html

Giant Paris towers plan wins Russian financing

March 16, 2013

Quote:
A Russian developer who plans to build what would be Europe's tallest residential towers in Paris said he had provisionally lined up financing from Russia's Sberbank towards the 2.3 billion euro ($3 billion) project.

The loan amount was not specified and developer Emin Iskenderov told Reuters the agreement signed with Sberbank was preliminary in nature, but it brings a step closer a plan to build the luxury modern apartments in a city known for its low-rise 19th century boulevards.

A Sberbank spokesman in Moscow declined to comment.

The plan to build "a Manhattan in the French style" beside the Seine has caused an uproar because of its scale and because it would mean demolishing some existing buildings near La Defense business district.

"We signed a protocol with Sberbank, the biggest Russian bank, on March 6," Iskenderov told Reuters on Wednesday.

"It's a protocol preliminary to a final loan agreement because there are conditions to be complied with but this allows us to say who we'll be working with."

In an interview in November, Iskenderov had said he expected to obtain financing for 1.2 billion euros of the project's cost, with most of the rest financed from the pre-sale of apartments.

On Wednesday, he said the "Hermitage Plaza" towers, designed by British architect Norman Foster, would be completed in late 2018 or early 2019. The plan is for towers just slightly shorter than the Eiffel Tower.
- Reuters

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2013, 3:28 AM

Is they going have 92 or 94 floors? I wasn't sure about height restrictions. I have no absolutely idea.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2013, 2:05 PM

^ Remember the 11th commandment added by old school Parisians.

You shall not build taller than holy Eiffel tower.

So they've been shortened a little, to 85 and 86 floors I think, which makes them either 307 or 320 m (1007 or 1050 ft) tall depending whether you stand on the la Défense's deck or in the street (natural ground).
When these are built, I hope the taboo is broken, though.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2013, 7:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Business Week
Paris Set to Outdo London Shard With Russian Skyscrapers

Russian developer Hermitage has a project for Paris that would outdo London.

It’s planning a complex costing about 3 billion euros ($4 billion) on Paris’s outskirts to elbow out the London Shard from its spot as western Europe’s tallest skyscraper. The project with two 320 meter-high (1,050 feet) towers in the La Defense business district, 11 metro stops from the Notre-Dame cathedral, will house luxury apartments, offices and a five-star hotel. The structures would surpass the 310 meter-tall London Shard. In the French capital, only the Eiffel Tower will be taller.

“You’ll be able to see the buildings from every part of the city,” Emin Iskenderov, 37, the Russian chief executive officer of Hermitage, said in a Sept. 12 interview in his Paris office. “We hope before the end of this year we’re going to finalize the financial agreements, and we’re going to start the project this year.”

Full Article: http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...yscrapers-plan

Last edited by Urbannizer; Sep 19, 2013 at 7:57 PM.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2013, 3:22 PM

^^^ WOW. I love the look of this! Especially the window treatment.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2013, 4:21 PM
Ex Houstonian

Jesus, with that view those will probably be pricier than even the tallest in Manhattan.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive