HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Apr 6, 2024, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julien View Post
No easy answers and certainly no way to please everyone but my "internet expert" opinion. Would like to see 2 lane traffic narrowed/no median (F green between cars)/offset between blocks for slow speed so most through traffic is moved to West P. and Spring. Of course WIDE/green pedestrian friendly (why put the green in the middle of cars when it should be by the sidewalk) with protected bike. It will NEVER be a world class street using the same old CAR FIRST and all else designed around that attitude.
Agree on all points.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2024, 8:26 PM

Hizzoner has announced the remainder of the stations:

https://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta-new...J26J56G3YJJ7I/

Krog, Boone, and Armour Yards are the other 3. Making a direct marta connection possible from each cardinal direction of the Beltline. A tangential benefit is now when the stations are built in these locations that they will now have access to the benefits of FAR bonuses and no parking minimums near the stations.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2024, 9:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post
Hizzoner has announced the remainder of the stations:

https://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta-new...J26J56G3YJJ7I/

Krog, Boone, and Armour Yards are the other 3. Making a direct marta connection possible from each cardinal direction of the Beltline. A tangential benefit is now when the stations are built in these locations that they will now have access to the benefits of FAR bonuses and no parking minimums near the stations.
Good to hear! I wonder if the Boone station will be able to handle full-sized trains? I haven't heard much about the Bankhead platform expansion lately. Those two car trains must be a royal PITA

Old Posted Apr 17, 2024, 5:02 PM

Planning permit filed for trail (the city of Atlanta side of the Chattahoochee Riverlands, adjacent to the Silver Comet Connector) near the Chattahoochee.
"CONSTRUCTION OF A MULTI-USE HARD SURFACE TRAIL ADJACENT TO PEACHTREE CREEK & INSTALLATION OF A CANOE LAUNCH AND ADJACENT PATHWAYS. THIS INCLUDES GRADING TREE REMOVAL"

Would connect to the northernmost stretch of the red line in this graphic:

Last edited by shivtim; Apr 17, 2024 at 5:23 PM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta