HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Dec 6, 2022, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughfb3 View Post
The Los Angeles King of Skyscrapers
Library tower is a true icon, and one of my top-10 favorite skyscrapers anywhere. Good pic.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2022, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigs View Post
Library tower is a true icon, and one of my top-10 favorite skyscrapers anywhere. Good pic.
Good way to tell someone who has lived in LA for a while is if they refer to this as the Library Tower instead of the US Bank Tower!

Old Posted Dec 7, 2022, 10:40 AM

1000 Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyhawk28 View Post
Skyline is looking more and more impressive each year, especially from this angle:
just wait till 1000 Hill arrives.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2022, 2:52 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

^ That was my thought exactly when looking at that shot - which is a great angle that's not often seen! Been trying to figure out if that is Olympic or Pico or another street all night. 1000 Hill should pop up nearly dead center in that view, and at almost 800 ft, should be just a smidge taller than 777 Fig.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Dec 7, 2022, 3:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemonkee View Post
^ That was my thought exactly when looking at that shot - which is a great angle that's not often seen! Been trying to figure out if that is Olympic or Pico or another street all night. 1000 Hill should pop up nearly dead center in that view, and at almost 800 ft, should be just a smidge taller than 777 Fig.
It's Avalon. This was posted here not that long ago although I'm not sure where the post and responses went.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...ern-california

Edit: here it is. https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho...ostcount=13379

Old Posted Dec 7, 2022, 8:38 PM

Quote:
It looks like the street is a North/South running street leading right into South Park. I'd guess it's Figueroa or Flower. The view of downtown from Olympic or Pico would be looking east, which is a totally different view from this pic.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2022, 1:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edale View Post
It looks like the street is a North/South running street leading right into South Park. I'd guess it's Figueroa or Flower. The view of downtown from Olympic or Pico would be looking east, which is a totally different view from this pic.
That's not the view from Fig or Flower. Never seen this street alignment before but a google maps search tells me its likely taken from Avalon in South Central using a telephoto lens so the skyline appears bigger than what it actually is. Really cool shot.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2022, 2:30 AM

“Easy” has given where this angle is located along with the link.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2022, 5:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAsam View Post
Good way to tell someone who has lived in LA for a while is if they refer to this as the Library Tower instead of the US Bank Tower!
I still remember when it was called the "First Interstate World Center".

Old Posted Dec 8, 2022, 8:09 PM

Quote:

Tried to add it in as accurately as possible, assuming Onni doesn't surprise us with a shorter height as they did with 820 Olive.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2022, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy View Post
It's Avalon. This was posted here not that long ago although I'm not sure where the post and responses went.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...ern-california

Edit: here it is. https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho...ostcount=13379
Yes, it's Avalon Blvd right around Fremont HS

*Send PM for updates/edits/corrections*

Old Posted Dec 9, 2022, 3:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorboffin View Post

Tried to add it in as accurately as possible, assuming Onni doesn't surprise us with a shorter height as they did with 820 Olive.
Good job on adding the rendering. I can't wait to see Olympic/Hill on the skyline as seen from the west and east, which are the angles on which I think the tower will make the biggest impact visually.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2022, 4:01 AM

The Ato apt proj in little tokyo across from city hall obviously was slowed by the pandemic & other factors too. It was supposed to have opened by now, but quite a bit of work appears to still be needed. The tagging on the fountain of the former new otani hotel doesn't look too good. I hope the Hilton management cleans it up asap.

https://youtu.be/yDFnCu9xSIA?t=2305

Quote:

ladowntownnews.com

Yoshimura was commissioned by Etco Homes in collaboration with the Little Tokyo Community Council to create two murals on the sides of the new Āto development, a seven-story
collection of urban flats taking shape on Astronaut Ellison S. Onizuka Street.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2022, 11:19 PM

More Investors!

https://la.urbanize.city/post/mama-s...boulevard-dtla

This is really cool for DTLA. Those of you that go out and experience LA knows and have mostly likely been to Mama Shelter. Just another sign that investors and developers have such a strong interest in being in DTLA. Another cool rooftop is on the way!

Old Posted Dec 10, 2022, 12:11 AM

Mama Shelter downtown, Nice

8th & Fig

Old Posted Dec 10, 2022, 4:54 AM

2020 S Figueroa Activity

I saw some activity at the old Office Depot property at 2020 S Figueroa. Anyone know what's happening there? They've already stripped the doors and a lot of other elements. There is fencing all around it and the sidewalk is covered along Figueroa.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2022, 7:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAsam View Post
And for a while in the early '90s it was the First Interstate Bank tower.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2022, 7:54 AM

Its been very cold lately. Down here in SD the tourists complain about the cold, and are unprepared. They did not bring their warm clothing. I find the cold refreshing, but many tourists do not. They think SoCal is the tropics or at least Hawaii, that they can go about in Bermuda shorts and lounge around pools. Wait till the tourists see how hard it can rain here, on Sunday.

I love to check out all the nice skyline pics here. I lived in L.A. for the first 40 years of my life, but don't get up there much anymore. Keep the pics coming! Early next week there should be nice mountain snow, so go up to Kenny Hahn Park and get the pics with the DTLA skyline and snowy Mt. Baldy. Post them here. Thanks.

Last edited by CaliNative; Dec 10, 2022 at 8:08 AM.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2022, 5:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughfb3 View Post
Gorgeous pic Craigs!!

Silverstein is redoing everything that OUE did just 6 years ago on the Library Tower
This was partially forced by some nutjob protestors thinking US bank owned the building or something that graffiti'd/broke nearly all of of the panels a year or so ago in some weird anti-bank/people with money riot. The entire ground floor glass has been boarded up since.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2022, 5:08 PM
Environmental Sabotage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliNative View Post
Its been very cold lately. Down here in SD the tourists complain about the cold, and are unprepared. They did not bring their warm clothing. I find the cold refreshing, but many tourists do not. They think SoCal is the tropics or at least Hawaii, that they can go about in Bermuda shorts and lounge around pools. Wait till the tourists see how hard it can rain here, on Sunday.

I love to check out all the nice skyline pics here. I lived in L.A. for the first 40 years of my life, but don't get up there much anymore. Keep the pics coming! Early next week there should be nice mountain snow, so go up to Kenny Hahn Park and get the pics with the DTLA skyline and snowy Mt. Baldy. Post them here. Thanks.
Strange that they would think that especially if you consider that LA is actually a tad bit further north than Dallas and San Diego is further north than Austin and the Pacific Ocean on the west coast is cold to cool.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations