HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Apr 30, 2021, 3:53 PM

Portland will overcome all this. Ya its been awful and very upsetting but we've been through as much or more adversity in the years past, especially economically. The mayor is already sighting with downtown businesses and the police to stop all the worthless rioting as well as community supported solutions for the homeless. Its too beautiful city let let it go down. For those that dont know there is a 35 story Ritz Carlton mixed use tower going up currently and hundreds of completed/under construction housing units going up in the core area.

Old Posted May 9, 2021, 3:48 PM

Quote:
Here's to hoping you guys can take back your city... because if you don't, it will become yet another has-been outpost left behind by prosperity. I hope that doesn't happen, but the visuals here tell me it's more likely than not.
The poster mentioned that he intentionally focused on blight, on a Sunday morning. You could go to any city and drive around looking for graffiti to shoot, and someone will think this is representative of the whole city. It's like watching protests on the news and assuming these happen every day, everywhere, when in reality they take place sporadically on a couple square blocks and 99.999% of the city doesn't even know about them until they see the news. Portland had a rough year, no doubt. But a year of unrest + pandemic doesn't obliterate all of its positive attributes.

Quote:
Portland has so many intrinsic strengths that I’m optimistic it will rebound well.
I think that's what most are counting on.

Old Posted May 9, 2021, 6:26 PM

the i84 max pic is my new pc background. thank for these, makes me miss portland.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2021, 8:05 AM

Mouthwateringly good! Great urban texture all round!

Old Posted Jun 8, 2021, 5:15 PM

Looking forward to visiting Portland!

In The Future Every Building Will Be World-Famous For Fifteen Minutes.

Instagram

Old Posted Jun 14, 2021, 3:47 AM

Thumbs up nifty city you have there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsTodd View Post
This is a great collection of photos. You really capture the moody character of the city. Portland has so many intrinsic strengths that I’m optimistic it will rebound well.
I'm from Vancouver BC, retired, and was through Portland ony a couple of times as a kid on my way to California. That said, I think Portland would be a cool place to visit.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2021, 6:25 AM
Registered Ugly

Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos. Downtown has become a sad shell of its former self, but it’s temporary. Still way too much going on, and we must adapt for the rest that won’t come back.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2021, 6:21 PM

I'm a Portland Native who just moved back to Colorado from Springfield Oregon because of financial issues. Struggling here too, but at least i can share expenses with my daughter to survive. But my reason for commenting here is, Portland is still great. We still went to the zoo, shopped in the Metro area, and found friendly people everywhere. Especially working class folks, during the Protest period. Most of those Protest were peaceful, and a few became riots. But the whole city wasn't under siege as some moronic media would suggest. Portland is still a special place that i hope to move back to once my financial situation improves. It's in my soul. The Bridges, the natural beautiful of all the trees that surround the architecture. I live in Denver, another great city, but it has the same problems. And it's even more expensive than Portland. Sales taxes are brutal here on everything. Every major city has issues. Homelessness, lack of funding for mental health issues, lack of affordable housing. It's not just Portland, or the West. Portland will rise again. Change for the betterment of mankind ain't easy. At least Portland is willing to try.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos