HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Aug 3, 2021, 8:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classical in Phoenix View Post
Thanks for the tips. Both Rough Riders and The Theodore are places I am excited about trying. Just ended up coming home last night.
Rough Riders was definitely more of a restaurant, I expected more of a bar type place. The food was ok, not amazing or anything. The Theodore is a beer and wine spot, some good beers there for sure. Great place to bar hop from there to Wilderness to Greenwood.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2021, 12:21 PM
self-important urbanista

In more sushi news, Tucson-based Obon, which has two locations in Scottsdale, has been dropping hints lately that it plans another location somewhere in the Phoenix Metro Area. They were going to open at Aura Watermark in Tempe, but that is no longer happening. My guess/hope is that they realized three locations along the 101 corridor might be too much and they're focusing instead on something in Phoenix.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2021, 7:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exit2lef View Post
In more sushi news, Tucson-based Obon, which has two locations in Scottsdale, has been dropping hints lately that it plans another location somewhere in the Phoenix Metro Area.
Location is going in at Biltmore Fashion, see map location South of Macy's
https://www.shopbiltmore.com/Map#/

Old Posted Aug 24, 2021, 9:42 PM
self-important urbanista

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyAZ View Post
Location is going in at Biltmore Fashion, see map location South of Macy's
https://www.shopbiltmore.com/Map#/
Thanks. I think that's where Panera used to be located. It's quite an upgrade to fill that space with Obon.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2021, 4:43 PM

There is an "Anhelo" sign on the center spot in the Orphem Lofts between Thai Basil and Harumi. Has anyone heard of their plans to relocate there? I can't find anything about it.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2021, 5:43 PM

Yep i posted about it a couple of pages back. Apparently, there were some issues with the city owned historic home and they were forced to relocate.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2021, 7:12 PM

Thanks for clarifying. That spot should be a great fit for them.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2021, 6:05 PM

New Restaurant on the first floor of the Hyatt Place across from the Orpheum

https://azbigmedia.com/lifestyle/pac...ntown-phoenix/

Quote:
Pacific Hospitality Group is bringing modern desert chic to the Downtown Phoenix scene with the opening of contemporary restaurant, Adams Table. Located in the Hyatt Place Downtown/Phoenix, 150 W Adams St., in Phoenix, Arizona, Adams Table claims its namesake in honor of its premier, downtown location.

READ ALSO: 15 Downtown Phoenix construction projects to watch

The modern American concept is set to open Wednesday, Sept. 16, boasting a menu that can be described as a merger of happy and healthy in a smart casual environment. Diners can expect modern American fare with southwest influence, enough to induce that happy dance when food arrives at the table. A variety of menu options will be offered including fresh salads, savory hand-held bites and larger plates offering meat, vegetable and pasta options. Some dish highlights include:

Shared
• Tempura Fried Shishito Peppers with Sweet Chili Sauce and Sea Salt

• 24 Hour Bacon with Almond Butter and Sour Cherry Jam

In The Hand
• Carnitas Tacos with Crispy Tortillas, Pickled Onions, Cotija Cheese, Lettuce and Tomato

• Club Sandwich on Noble Bread, Turkey Galantine, Rosemary Ham, Lettuce, Tomato and Provolone served with Parmesan Garlic Fries

Larger Plates
• Skirt Steak with Horseradish Potato Blini, Wilted Arugula and a Smoked Tomato Oregano Sauce

• Impossible Bolognese a traditional Bolognese with Impossible Meat and Gluten-free Rigatoni

Desserts
• Cheesecake Panna Cotta with Strawberry Gelee, Vanilla Cream and a Pistachio Crumble

• Fruity Pebbles Churros with Cereal Milk Crema, Fruity Pebbles and Salty Caramel

In addition to a flavorful menu, Adams Table offers a colorful beverage program with pre-prohibition style cocktails, premium wine selection and a range of beer on tap. Beverages include the Pink Lady with Lairds Apple Brandy, Pomegranate, Lemon and Egg White and the 1929 with Plymouth Gin, Lemon, Demerara, Green Chartreuse and Egg White. These cocktails are a nod to the theatre district and pay an homage to the 1929 pre-prohibition era with today’s modernized twist.

“At Adams Table, we want to offer guests a premier dining experience whether it be for a lunch meeting, after theatre drinks or a night out on the town. Our robust menu offers items for any mood or occasion and will have you doing a happy dance upon your first bite,” says David Belk, General Manager of Hyatt Downtown/Phoenix.

Adams Table Chef Jeff Casper will take lead in all food preparation for the restaurant, private dining, andHyatt Place banquets. Casper joins Adams Table with over 10 years of experience with his most recent role being executive chef at Arizona restaurant, Salted. Prior to Salted, Casper lead as kitchen manager at Flix Brewhouse where he oversaw all kitchen and restaurant operations. His catalog of expertise has allowed him to boast an impressive culinary background all while cooking wholesome, healthy, and well-presented meals.

Adams Table will seat 90 guests with a 10-person private dining room, a 14-seat bar and 10 patio 2-tops. This location will offer a canopy covered patio facing Adams Street that will offer both a misting system and ceiling heaters to account for seasonal outdoor dining.

For more information on Adams Table visit www.eatatadams.com or follow along on Facebook and Instagram.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2021, 9:01 PM
Modulator

Saw the Fox news team at the firehouse on 1st and Moreland this morning. They put together some pretty good info about the firehouse getting redeveloped into a possible restaurant.

https://www.fox10phoenix.com/video/973336

Old Posted Sep 1, 2021, 9:59 PM
Skyriser

I hope somebody proposes something with a stage to take advantage of that cavernous space. I feel like a single-use restaurant is a missed opportunity and this thing is too far off the beaten path to become a destination by itself.

Knowing CoP they'll just biff the whole thing and it'll sit vacant for many more years.

https://www.phoenix.gov/econdev/firehouse-fastpitch

I have an issue with CoP being a private landlord like this inviting competitors to an already crowded restaurant scene anyways.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2021, 5:14 AM

Pizza People Pub Closed

According to AZ Central, restaurant has closed once again...probably this time for good. A West Valley brewery, Throne Brewing, has taken its place. The good news is that they will keep the original menu items.

So another brewery to downtown

Old Posted Sep 2, 2021, 6:07 AM

Is there an update on Killer Whale's other project, which would be in the vacant space between Taco Chelo and Trapp Haus? Speaking of that area, what the heck is going on with that completed space between Taco Chelo and Tap That? I know that was TNS project, but any word on that or any of the other vacant houses within that vicinity that can potentially be new bars/restaurants? Thank you.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2021, 3:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combusean View Post
I hope somebody proposes something with a stage to take advantage of that cavernous space. I feel like a single-use restaurant is a missed opportunity and this thing is too far off the beaten path to become a destination by itself.

Knowing CoP they'll just biff the whole thing and it'll sit vacant for many more years.

https://www.phoenix.gov/econdev/firehouse-fastpitch

I have an issue with CoP being a private landlord like this inviting competitors to an already crowded restaurant scene anyways.
Old fire station 4 might not be as big as you're thinking. I believe it's only about 4600 sqft. Those old fire stations are very small, and modern apparatus can't even fit in the bays.

By comparison, if I remember correctly from my days of owning a restaurant, a typical Carrabba's is about 6500 sqft, and an Olive Garden is in the 8000 sqft range.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2021, 8:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASU Diablo View Post
According to AZ Central, restaurant has closed once again...probably this time for good. A West Valley brewery, Throne Brewing, has taken its place. The good news is that they will keep the original menu items.

So another brewery to downtown
Pizza People Pub never closed. They literally just switched over in a day, and changed the beers to Throne, and kept the food. The new owner is young, and so far, everything has been smooth.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2021, 1:03 AM

Some small updates around downtown

Knipe House has a liquor app for a place called: Off the Record. App/site plan here:
https://www.phoenix.gov/cityclerksit.../158938app.pdf

817 N 1st St (adjacent to Matt's Big Breakfast) also has an open liquor license: https://www.phoenix.gov/cityclerksit.../154171app.pdf

902 N 6th St (former Growhouse bungalow) is planned to be a place called Culture, an American Yogurt Company. https://www.cultureny.com/. They have two locations in NYC. Looks like a dessert shop but their recently approved zoning hearing (ZA-383-21) was for an outdoor bar.

The former La Pizzeria Phx suite (next door to Kettle Black) is going to be a new bar.

Smooth Brew on 5th St and Roosevelt (I initially thought closed for good) now has a sign that they are renovating.

ATL Wings and Wok 'n Roll will be the two tenants taking the remaining retail spaces of Broadstone Roosevelt.

@PHXFireBirds here's an update on the bars between Taco Chelo and Trapp Haus: https://whatnowphoenix.com/owners-of...more-concepts/

Now for a bit of speculation...the former Public Image retail suite (ground floor of Roosevelt Pointe) no longer has 'For Lease' signs posted. There were two previously. The 'Public Image' window stencils have also been removed. Though I haven't found any permits or apps, could be an indication something is coming for that space.

Last edited by Phxguy; Sep 5, 2021 at 1:18 AM.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2021, 12:00 PM

Woot!

I’ll so excited for all of this! Thanks for posting! I’m super thrilled that more seems to be happening on 6th St! That spot seemed like a great location and I figured it was a short matter of time before something went in there, now that Skye is on the move!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxguy View Post
902 N 6th St (former Growhouse bungalow) is planned to be a place called Culture, an American Yogurt Company. https://www.cultureny.com/. They have two locations in NYC. Looks like a dessert shop but their recently approved zoning hearing (ZA-383-21) was for an outdoor bar.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2021, 3:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRay View Post
Pizza People Pub never closed. They literally just switched over in a day, and changed the beers to Throne, and kept the food. The new owner is young, and so far, everything has been smooth.
So this may be a dumb question, but if it's a Throne Brewery, doesn't that imply they brew the beer on-site? Will they somehow do that there? Or do they just have a brewery off-site somewhere and deliver to their restaurants?

There's also a Throne Brewery up off 67th Ave & Bell. I went in there a few weeks ago and figured they were a single location and brewed on site, but now I'm not sure.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2021, 4:33 PM
self-important urbanista

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX31 View Post
So this may be a dumb question, but if it's a Throne Brewery, doesn't that imply they brew the beer on-site? Will they somehow do that there? Or do they just have a brewery off-site somewhere and deliver to their restaurants?

There's also a Throne Brewery up off 67th Ave & Bell. I went in there a few weeks ago and figured they were a single location and brewed on site, but now I'm not sure.
I don't think there's room to brew at the old Pizza People location. I think it will be sort of like Arizona Wilderness' location on Roosevelt: a place to serve their beers that are brewed elsewhere.

Old Posted Sep 9, 2021, 4:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exit2lef View Post
I don't think there's room to brew at the old Pizza People location. I think it will be sort of like Arizona Wilderness' location on Roosevelt: a place to serve their beers that are brewed elsewhere.
Throne already brews in Glendale (I believe). Talked to the owner. They are mainly trying to expand awareness of their beers (so far, I like most of what they make--minus the red ale). They have a place in Peoria and Glendale, and this is an expansion. Definitely no room to brew. They just want to keep the food (which I really like) and get people to know their beer.

Old Posted Sep 9, 2021, 1:33 PM

I noticed that the "For Lease" and "Space Available" signs are off of the former Even Stevens Sandwich location on Van Buren and 1st Ave, as well as the former Nook Kitchen parcel at the bottom of Hilton Garden Inn. In the former Nook parcel, it looked like some work was being done.

Does anyone have any info on these?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest