HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted May 30, 2019, 7:15 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolafan View Post
Harrah's is extremely dated. Every inch of that place needs some TLC.
No doubt and thats being kind!

Old Posted May 30, 2019, 7:33 PM
NOLA Razorback

The Lowes theater renderings look fantastic, and love that the theater is being preserved.

Old Posted May 30, 2019, 10:12 PM

For the zoning change for the area that included the area between Rampart, Okeefe, Poydras, and Julia in the CBD, is that request from the SMD (south market district) team or from a different party?

Old Posted May 30, 2019, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee32 View Post
For the zoning change for the area that included the area between Rampart, Okeefe, Poydras, and Julia in the CBD, is that request from the SMD (south market district) team or from a different party?
http://uptownmessenger.com/2019/05/d...et/#more-75517
This article indicates that the SMD team is requesting the change. I don't know if it is related to any new construction or not, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was just to allow more STR/timeshares.

Old Posted May 30, 2019, 11:45 PM

The article specifically states it's for commercial leases for additional retail uses. I don't see Domain going the STR route. That is not part of their business plan from what I've seen. All of the buildings built so far are almost completely occupied. I'm looking forward to seeing another parking lot get redeveloped.

Old Posted May 31, 2019, 12:06 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlidellWx View Post
The article specifically states it's for commercial leases for additional retail uses. I don't see Domain going the STR route. That is not part of their business plan from what I've seen. All of the buildings built so far are almost completely occupied. I'm looking forward to seeing another parking lot get redeveloped.
Its def not about STR but interestingly it also includes parcels domain doesnt currently own which i think indicates they are going to be developing more...CBD5 is the wrong zoning for those blocks and always has been , but that was domains own fault for not paying attention to it back in the CZO phase... still i dont see any pushback from changing it

Old Posted May 31, 2019, 12:13 PM
-

Quote:
ALso theres a really stupid in my mind restriction in CBD5 that I think is absolutely the reason they are seeking the zoning change

17.3.B.4 SPACING OF RESTAURANTS IN CBD-5 DISTRICT
One of the following uses is permitted per blockface within the CBD-5 District:

a. Restaurant, Standard

b. Restaurant, Specialty

c. Restaurant, Fast Food

d. Restaurant, Carry-Out

Im almost positive its about this singular issue!

Interestingly when the current CZO was being formulated I shared the same counsel as Domain had and I even mentioned it to the counsel that they might want to discuss the above restriction with their client... whether they did or not I dont know but clearly that restriction above has been a hindrance on leasing in the newer buildings (the paramount was before the new CZO)

Old Posted May 31, 2019, 4:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
ALso theres a really stupid in my mind restriction in CBD5 that I think is absolutely the reason they are seeking the zoning change

a. Restaurant, Standard

b. Restaurant, Specialty

c. Restaurant, Fast Food

d. Restaurant, Carry-Out

Interestingly when the current CZO was being formulated I shared the same counsel as Domain had and I even mentioned it to the counsel that they might want to discuss the above restriction with their client... whether they did or not I dont know but clearly that restriction above has been a hindrance on leasing in the newer buildings (the paramount was before the new CZO)

Agreed. What an absurd restriction and CBD 5 is absolutely not the right zoning for that area. I do think that the South Market district developments will remain mostly long term rental and that this push is mostly about the retail space but this does allow Domain to lease a few floors of the odeon to Sonder to help improve occupancy which might help them get the final phase developed and help with any future development in the district.

Old Posted May 31, 2019, 4:14 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickapedia View Post
Agreed. What an absurd restriction and CBD 5 is absolutely not the right zoning for that area. I do think that the South Market district developments will remain mostly long term rental and that this push is mostly about the retail space but this does allow Domain to lease a few floors of the odeon to Sonder to help improve occupancy which might help them get the final phase developed and help with any future development in the district.
I dont think it has anything to do with STR which is allowed in the area that the final phase is in .. the Odeon isnt in CBd5 its already a different zoning... they are changing the zoning for the standard, paramount, beacon and a part of the block across from paramount thats currently surface parking

Old Posted May 31, 2019, 11:10 PM

Builder picked for New Orleans airport’s overdue I-10 interchange project

The company that will rebuild the Interstate 10 interchange at Loyola Drive in Kenner, to improve vehicle access for Louis Armstrong International Airport’s new passenger terminal, was selected Friday (May 31) by the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development. Gilchrist Construction Co. of Alexandria is expected to start building on the $125.6 million project in early 2020 - months after the terminal opens - and finish in 2023, the transportation department said.

The job calls for adding flyover ramps connecting I-10 directly with new access roads close to the $1 billion terminal, for widening the interchange’s existing ground-level ramps and for related work. The flyover ramps are designed to whisk I-10 traffic to and from the airport without mixing into local traffic on ground-level Loyola Avenue.

The state agency did not immediately release an illustration of Gilchrist’s proposal. But it said the design calls for a “diverging diamond interchange ... that will eliminate the need for a left turn signal. ... The solution would also reconfigure the proposed elevated on and off ramps from New Orleans to a single structure in the median of Airport Access Road" south of Veterans Memorial Boulevard...

https://www.nola.com/politics/2019/0...e-project.html

Old Posted May 31, 2019, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post

a. Restaurant, Standard

b. Restaurant, Specialty

c. Restaurant, Fast Food

d. Restaurant, Carry-Out

Wow! That is crazy restrictive use for that section of the city. Really hoping we'll see a a nice looking structure built there in the next couple of years.

As far as STR, Domain currently prohibits it in any of their buildings, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Old Posted May 31, 2019, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by typo86 View Post
Builder picked for New Orleans airport’s overdue I-10 interchange project

The company that will rebuild the Interstate 10 interchange at Loyola Drive in Kenner, to improve vehicle access for Louis Armstrong International Airport’s new passenger terminal, was selected Friday (May 31) by the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development. Gilchrist Construction Co. of Alexandria is expected to start building on the $125.6 million project in early 2020 - months after the terminal opens - and finish in 2023, the transportation department said.

The job calls for adding flyover ramps connecting I-10 directly with new access roads close to the $1 billion terminal, for widening the interchange’s existing ground-level ramps and for related work. The flyover ramps are designed to whisk I-10 traffic to and from the airport without mixing into local traffic on ground-level Loyola Avenue.

The state agency did not immediately release an illustration of Gilchrist’s proposal. But it said the design calls for a “diverging diamond interchange ... that will eliminate the need for a left turn signal. ... The solution would also reconfigure the proposed elevated on and off ramps from New Orleans to a single structure in the median of Airport Access Road" south of Veterans Memorial Boulevard...

https://www.nola.com/politics/2019/0...e-project.html
Glad to see this moving forward rather quickly for a road construction project. Based on the description of the plans, the flyover ramps will have to be built first. That will take all traffic New Orleans based traffic heading to or from the airport onto the flyover ramps and reduce the traffic impacts while the Loyola interchange is built into a diverging diamond. Only local Kenner traffic and any airport traffic coming in from the west (River Parishes, Hammond, Baton Rouge) would be impacted by the interchange construction.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2019, 2:51 AM

Hard Rock Hotel video

Pretty amazing aerial shots here: https://youtu.be/bjOHIqGHEcs

Old Posted Jun 1, 2019, 1:44 PM

Delgado leaders break ground on campus expansion: $13M STEM-focused center

Delgado Community College broke ground Friday (May 31) on a $13 million facility designed to house classrooms, laboratories and faculty offices for academic STEM programs.

The Delgado West Bank Campus Advanced Technology Center is a 37,000-square-foot facility slated to open in May 2021. It will be located at the corner of Shirley Drive and Constellation Street in Algiers’ Federal City. Construction of the new facility was lauded state Gov. John Bel Edwards during a groundbreaking ceremony.

https://www.nola.com/education/2019/...ed-center.html

Old Posted Jun 1, 2019, 5:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sguil1 View Post
Delgado Community College broke ground Friday (May 31) on a $13 million facility designed to house classrooms, laboratories and faculty offices for academic STEM programs.

The Delgado West Bank Campus Advanced Technology Center is a 37,000-square-foot facility slated to open in May 2021. It will be located at the corner of Shirley Drive and Constellation Street in Algiers’ Federal City. Construction of the new facility was lauded state Gov. John Bel Edwards during a groundbreaking ceremony.

https://www.nola.com/education/2019/...ed-center.html

Awesome news, nice tool to use to get more corporate and tech relocation to the city and region. I would love to see the Governor and LED take a trip to Alabama and Florida to get Regions Bank and CSX to relocate their HQs to the city.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2019, 1:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee32 View Post
Awesome news, nice tool to use to get more corporate and tech relocation to the city and region. I would love to see the Governor and LED take a trip to Alabama and Florida to get Regions Bank and CSX to relocate their HQs to the city.
ughhhhh, I've thought about that too! No offense, but Birmingham, AL over New Orleans? I'd LOVE for them to relocate here.

If New Orleans could be the HQ for Regions, Hancock-Whitney (instead of MS), Smoothie King (ugh, Dallas), Raising Cane's, CC's (I think they are in BR), PJ's (are they technically here?), Rouse's, and other similar businesses, I'd be super happy.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2019, 6:45 PM

Spirit Airlines is adding service to Nashville, TN starting in October. This puts the airline at 21 destinations served from New Orleans now.

https://twitter.com/flyneworleans/st...66449613922304

Old Posted Jun 3, 2019, 6:57 PM
-

Quote:
Spirit Airlines is adding service to Nashville, TN starting in October. This puts the airline at 21 destinations served from New Orleans now.

Really wish we could become a Spirit Hub here

Old Posted Jun 3, 2019, 6:59 PM
-

Old Posted Jun 4, 2019, 3:56 PM

Quote:

21 direct destinations?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations