HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Jan 18, 2020, 8:01 PM

Wait they finally gotten started on that project? I know that was proposed like 6 years ago, but I hadn't seen any progression with it since then.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2020, 8:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Wait they finally gotten started on that project? I know that was proposed like 6 years ago, but I hadn't seen any progression with it since then.
Yup, I’m pretty sure that was the intersection. Seemed to be 2 floors up already

Old Posted Jan 19, 2020, 7:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
And she does not make enough progress on the issues I care the most about to continue to receive my support, which she received in the run-off of the last election. From transportation, homelessness, and affordable housing, her policies are more representative of someone who lives in the suburbs rather than someone in the city.

This is the street she lives on
https://goo.gl/maps/CK7nwBeSC9B2oDFn6
This area is known as Camp Creek, and is the southside's version of wealth and prominence. This is were many of Atlanta's black elite live.

WOW! Now you say just because she lives on the edge of the city, she can't be an advocate for in-town living? Just WOW. Doesn't Cathy Woodlard live in East Atlanta? What happened with her bid to become mayor? I guess it imploded just like all of the Mary Norwood supporters who got on board to support her twice failed attack against Atlanta's long stream of elected black mayors.

Maybe if you and others want a different mayor, you should get behind a better candidate that's doesn't come off as a Mayberry Hick. That's just NOT a good look for a progressive southern city that is renown for it's "blackness".

I'm not against the city electing a white mayor. Atlanta will have a white mayor soon, but that mayor will undoubtedly have to be a DEMOCRAT and a progressive one at that. Otherwise, back to the drawing board.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2020, 9:11 AM

Just let yall know that is the Atlanta Mayors House. Just like The State of GA has a Governor Mansion. The City of Atlanta has a Mayor House. Mayor Kasim Reed lived there during his term. Nothing spectacular. Just a house.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2020, 1:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLMidcity View Post
This area is known as Camp Creek, and is the southside's version of wealth and prominence. This is were many of Atlanta's black elite live.

WOW! Now you say just because she lives on the edge of the city, she can't be an advocate for in-town living? Just WOW. Doesn't Cathy Woodlard live in East Atlanta? What happened with her bid to become mayor? I guess it imploded just like all of the Mary Norwood supporters who got on board to support her twice failed attack against Atlanta's long stream of elected black mayors.

Maybe if you and others want a different mayor, you should get behind a better candidate that's doesn't come off as a Mayberry Hick. That's just NOT a good look for a progressive southern city that is renown for it's "blackness".

I'm not against the city electing a white mayor. Atlanta will have a white mayor soon, but that mayor will undoubtedly have to be a DEMOCRAT and a progressive one at that. Otherwise, back to the drawing board.
Dude, you need a chill pill. I don’t know how you got race out of anything said whatsoever and I think Street Advocate seems progressive to an extreme on many issues. He even said he voted for the current mayor. Major personality issues if that is how you read and interpreted what he wrote. Then your last 2 paragraphs....everything wrong with Atlanta that needs to go away to finally make this city better....

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!

Last edited by Atlriser; Jan 19, 2020 at 2:37 PM.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2020, 1:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rchitectburd23 View Post
Just let yall know that is the Atlanta Mayors House. Just like The State of GA has a Governor Mansion. The City of Atlanta has a Mayor House. Mayor Kasim Reed lived there during his term. Nothing spectacular. Just a house.
I think you are wrong. I don’t know for sure currently, but all prior mayors lived in their home unless that changed with Kasim Reed. If that’s true it needs sold immediately and that perk eliminated. That makes no sense to have a major’s house in a city. It makes complete sense for a state level governor.

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!

Old Posted Jan 19, 2020, 2:13 PM

You might be right. I worked in that area and the house was pointed out to me as the mayor's house. But that may have just been Kasim Reeds house. Maybe the current mayor lives in the same neighborhood too. Anyway. I'm up here for Atlanta Projects.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2020, 2:26 PM

Quote:
You might be right. I worked in that area and the house was pointed out to me as the mayor's house. But that may have just been Kasim Reeds house. Maybe the current mayor lives in the same neighborhood too. Anyway. I'm up here for Atlanta Projects.
Really, this is a skyscraper thread not Zillow.....

Old Posted Jan 19, 2020, 2:56 PM
Just a dude

Agreed can we leave the politics out of here? if you want to create a damn thread about the mayor's house go for it.

Has there been any news on the Cousins tower recently?

Old Posted Jan 19, 2020, 9:17 PM

Midtown Alliance noted there’s no impending start date for Cousins WP.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2020, 12:30 AM
Just a dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
Midtown Alliance noted there’s no impending start date for Cousins WP.
Cool thanks, that's a bummer but they have a pretty good track record so hopefully we see some movement soon.

I was driving down West Peachtree the other day dreaming of a capped connector and what it could do for the connectivity of the city.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2020, 2:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpoulos27 View Post
Cool thanks, that's a bummer but they have a pretty good track record so hopefully we see some movement soon.

I was driving down West Peachtree the other day dreaming of a capped connector and what it could do for the connectivity of the city.
Capped connector would be great, although if it were capped adjacent GT it may serve as a partial private park to the institution, so would be nice to see them help foot the bill. I’m a fan of the stitch, capping the connector, and more bridges similar to 5th st, I also realize they cost a tremendous amount and that money would make substantial progress across the city if used on smaller projects.

I’d like to see more East/west connectivity and development though. Flying over Atlanta you can see huge gaps in the city still. Emory is looking quite dense and Avondale estates is picking up, too.

Here’s the quote from the midtown alliance regarding Cousins WP: “The developer continues to be interested in the project, however there are no imminent plans for construction.”

Old Posted Jan 20, 2020, 5:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlriser View Post
Dude, you need a chill pill. I don’t know how you got race out of anything said whatsoever and I think Street Advocate seems progressive to an extreme on many issues. He even said he voted for the current mayor. Major personality issues if that is how you read and interpreted what he wrote. Then your last 2 paragraphs....everything wrong with Atlanta that needs to go away to finally make this city better....
If I need a chill pill, then you definitely need an enema. Speaking on the behalf of someone else without their consent is tantamount to treason.

You need to take a nap, because apparently you haven't had enough sleep

I hope you enjoy your time off and celebrate Martin Luther King, Jr. day by reflecting on today's political and racial divide.

Make America Great Again!!!

Can we get back to talking about all the wonderful skyscrapers under construction in the A.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2020, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLMidcity View Post
If I need a chill pill, then you definitely need an enema. Speaking on the behalf of someone else without their consent is tantamount to treason.

You need to take a nap, because apparently you haven't had enough sleep

I hope you enjoy your time off and celebrate Martin Luther King, Jr. day by reflecting on today's political and racial divide.

Make America Great Again!!!

Can we get back to talking about all the wonderful skyscrapers under construction in the A.
And you need to check yourself and take this divisive crap elsewhere, especially today of all days.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2020, 11:10 PM

Hate to continue but agree, no reading comprehension and so far off base doesn’t even make logical sense.

To construction:

Walked by Opus yesterday, the jobsite/storage trailer was about to slide into the existing mud hole. It literally was teetering on the edge, the rear tires 2’ down the slope, and the trailer hook elevated 5’ in the air. Does anyone take this serious at this stage? The logic of what is occurring is mind boggling.

Also it appeared they were attempting to jack the new crane higher at Midtown Union but did not. There were 2 additional sections on the ground. Today they were moving steel with the crane as a 3rd section sat on the loading platform above the ground. I’ve never witnessed such either. I also did not see any other crane platforms installed, but I assume there will be at least 2-4 more. Any thoughts on the situation with the existing crane? It rose quickly and to have a section sitting on the platform with 2 below it appears there is an issue with it. Curious?

Old Posted Jan 21, 2020, 6:20 AM

Quote:
Both former Mayor Reed and current Mayor Bottoms live in a community called Guilford Forest. They live near each other, but in their own private homes. There is no “Mayor’s House” as far as the City providing one. There are some cities which actually do that, but Atlanta isn’t one of them.

ATLotb

Old Posted Jan 21, 2020, 1:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlriser View Post
Hate to continue but agree, no reading comprehension and so far off base doesn’t even make logical sense.

To construction:

Walked by Opus yesterday, the jobsite/storage trailer was about to slide into the existing mud hole. It literally was teetering on the edge, the rear tires 2’ down the slope, and the trailer hook elevated 5’ in the air. Does anyone take this serious at this stage? The logic of what is occurring is mind boggling.

Also it appeared they were attempting to jack the new crane higher at Midtown Union but did not. There were 2 additional sections on the ground. Today they were moving steel with the crane as a 3rd section sat on the loading platform above the ground. I’ve never witnessed such either. I also did not see any other crane platforms installed, but I assume there will be at least 2-4 more. Any thoughts on the situation with the existing crane? It rose quickly and to have a section sitting on the platform with 2 below it appears there is an issue with it. Curious?
Yes. I am totally sick of talking about Opus....Anyway the crane is fine they got all three sections in, the issue was the wind Saturday and then it got dark, should be at least 3 more going up soon...

Old Posted Jan 21, 2020, 3:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstick View Post
Yes. I am totally sick of talking about Opus....
Then quit talking about it. You post about it more than anybody else.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2020, 8:04 PM

Anybody know if there's a specific project planned for the narrow lot on the west side of West Peachtree north of 12th street? It's the small house/business immediately north of Skyhouse. There was a beautiful huge tree that was just cut down, which I didn't think they're allowed to do without a specific site plan.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2020, 8:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivtim View Post
Anybody know if there's a specific project planned for the narrow lot on the west side of West Peachtree north of 12th street? It's the small house/business immediately north of Skyhouse. There was a beautiful huge tree that was just cut down, which I didn't think they're allowed to do without a specific site plan.
I do recall something going through Accela... or at least that’s what I’m recalling right now. I will have to look back into it later on.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta