HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

BG Group Place in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Houston Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Houston Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jan 2, 2011, 8:48 PM
Endless Moments...

I cant believe its practically done already. Went by way to fast. It's time for another, or 3 or 4...

Wizard's First Rule: People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2011, 9:43 PM
Ex Houstonian

^
Yeah, I know, its pretty crazy, but its been around 2 years since they cleared the site and whatnot.

It seems just like yesterday though when I took this picture.

Lets hope we dont have to wait almost another decade to see a tower like this built downtown.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2011, 2:11 AM
BANNED

I guess for now, all we have to look forward to is the deconstruction of the old Sheraton-Lincoln building... they knocked down the (damnit, I can't think of the words for the old roof pieces at street level around the front doors, someone fill in the blank, please!) so they could put up a decontruction crane....

Old Posted Jan 3, 2011, 2:43 AM
Metal Up Your !

Quote:
Originally Posted by photolitherland View Post
^
Yeah, I know, its pretty crazy, but its been around 2 years since they cleared the site and whatnot.

Lets hope we dont have to wait almost another decade to see a tower like this built downtown.
Is that where you work? You got awesome pictures of the progress

Old Posted Jan 3, 2011, 6:18 AM
Ex Houstonian

^
No, but I wish I worked in that office building, Id never get anything done, Id just stare out the windows all day long and then get fired. Anyways, that's the sky lobby in the Wells Fargo Building, the second tallest downtown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbleweed_Tx View Post
I guess for now, all we have to look forward to is the deconstruction of the old Sheraton-Lincoln building... they knocked down the (damnit, I can't think of the words for the old roof pieces at street level around the front doors, someone fill in the blank, please!) so they could put up a decontruction crane....
What are you talking about?

Old Posted Jan 3, 2011, 5:05 PM
Metal Up Your !

^^^^ I see. Pretty slick sky lobby views

Old Posted Jan 8, 2011, 8:45 AM
Oh yeah!

Lights on!

Old Posted Jan 10, 2011, 3:19 AM
Endless Moments...

I love that spot. I remember Houston Center 5 or something was suppose to go there. It was a nice project to bad it never got off the ground.

On a side note, I would prob get fired too for staring out the window all day if I had a view like that as well...

Wizard's First Rule: People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2011, 1:11 AM
Skyscraper Fan

What an amazing skyscraper.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2011, 3:13 PM
3rd Coast King

This building makes a great addition to the skyline. I just wish they would have added some mixed use stuff at the street level but there is just a lobby.

skyline greeny by DiskoJoe, on Flickr

My Book

Old Posted Apr 29, 2011, 3:17 PM
3rd Coast King

One more thing I heard as a result of this building is it may actually have sparked another development right down the street on Main next to the flying saucer that is currently a parking lot. If this happens it would get rid of one of the last surface lots on the denser part of main.

My Book

Old Posted Jun 1, 2011, 10:02 PM
Ex Houstonian

^
If that happens, I really really hope they dont tear down that amazing art deco building on the back side of the lot. I hope they restore it like they did with the Stowers Building on this buildings lot.

Its open now, but not sure if the employees have moved in. Last Thursday they had people touring the building.

Photos by me.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2011, 12:46 AM

gorgeous photos, what camera and filter do you use for that perspective results?

Old Posted Jun 3, 2011, 5:57 AM
Ex Houstonian

^
It's not about the camera, it's about how you know how to use what you have and how to frame photographs. I use d7000 though, and never use filters nor Photoshop. You can have the best camera equipment in the world and still not get good photos. Or you can have just a cheap point and shoot and take great photos. Sorry if I sound condescending, I just can't stand it when people think others take amazing photos because of the camera when that just isn't the case. To take great photos you mainly have to understand how to properly frame photos and understand lighting. Sorry, went off on a tangent.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2011, 6:12 AM
Metal Up Your !

Quote:
Originally Posted by photolitherland View Post
^
It's not about the camera, it's about how you know how to use what you have and how to frame photographs. I use d7000 though, and never use filters nor Photoshop. You can have the best camera equipment in the world and still not get good photos. Or you can have just a cheap point and shoot and take great photos. Sorry if I sound condescending, I just can't stand it when people think others take amazing photos because of the camera when that just isn't the case. To take great photos you mainly have to understand how to properly frame photos and understand lighting. Sorry, went off on a tangent.
I think he may have asked because of the clarity and sharpness of the photo, not solely because it was a good picture. Way to jump to a conclusion

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive