HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Nov 20, 2022, 2:37 AM

I want the downtown core to have a downtown feel.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2022, 7:25 PM
New Brunswick Urbanite

Was in Moncton this weekend and wow - what a great addition to the downtown, both density-wise and for the skyline. And there are still two more towers to come

Hopefully the first of many such developments south of Main.

“Forget the damned motor car and build the cities for lovers and friends.” –Lewis Mumford

Old Posted Nov 23, 2022, 4:31 PM

Cushman and Wakefield have posted a listing for 3 commercial units in the podium.

It includes some nice pictures.

Interestingly, it states target occupancy for the commercial units is Sept. 2023, and the full 452 residential units by 2025.

https://cwatlantic.com/listings/49-foundry-street/

Old Posted Nov 23, 2022, 4:53 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny golden View Post
Interestingly, it states target occupancy for the commercial units is Sept. 2023, and the full 452 residential units by 2025.
Good find!

The residential occupancy by 2025 is very interesting. The established timeline was for completion of the development by 2027. As such, they may have accelerated their schedule, and if so, they probably will start the Second Sister next spring, and the Third Sister in 2024.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2022, 5:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Good find!

The residential occupancy by 2025 is very interesting. The established timeline was for completion of the development by 2027. As such, they may have accelerated their schedule, and if so, they probably will start the Second Sister next spring, and the Third Sister in 2024.
I'm a bit confused - haven't we established that they are already building the second?

Old Posted Nov 23, 2022, 5:41 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyyy View Post
I'm a bit confused - haven't we established that they are already building the second?
No, not really. They are working on the podium for the second tower, but that was always part of "phase one."

The new timeline suggests they will likely segue directly into construction of the second tower immediately.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2022, 5:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyyy View Post
3 commercial units in the podium have now been listed for rent, with occupancy expected in Sept. 2023. There'll be more commercial units available in the future as the rest of the podium is built out.

The listing just refers to their being 452 residential units to be finished by 2025. That's talking about all 3 towers since there are 150 apartments in each tower. They mention this because that's potential customers for the commercial businesses.

I suspect that a lot of the apartments in tower one are already pre-leased, as Lafford has been accepting applications for them for a few weeks now.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2022, 5:50 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
I suspect that a lot of the apartments in tower one are already pre-leased, as Lafford has been accepting applications for them for a few weeks now.
You may be right. If pre-leasing has been successful, this would explain why he also bought the land on the other side of Assumption Blvd for a fourth tower.

One of the CRUs they have listed in the podium is nearly 7,000 sq ft. That's large enough for a fairly decent sized urban style food market. I wonder if this is what they are thinking of? There will probably be on the order of 1,000 tenants in the Three Sisters, and another several hundred in the building to be built across the street. They will have to buy groceries somewhere.......

Old Posted Nov 23, 2022, 6:07 PM

Quote:
You may be right. If pre-leasing has been successful, this would explain why he also bought the land on the other side of Assumption Blvd for a fourth tower.

One of the CRUs they have listed in the podium is nearly 7,000 sq ft. That's large enough for a fairly decent sized urban style food market. I wonder if this is what they are thinking of? There will probably be on the order of 1,000 tenants in the Three Sisters, and another several hundred in the building to be built across the street. They will have to buy groceries somewhere.......
Urban style food market - that's an excellent idea. Not to mention what's going to happen in the future with the Ashford lands. There'll be even more potential customers in a few years.

FWIW I was told that tower one is already fully leased. I can see a lot of baby boomers selling their homes to move into this type of accommodation. There's more and more of them retiring every year.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2022, 8:06 PM

Quote:

Is there a diagram of the CRU’s? I don’t remember seeing one. Also does anybody know if the 2nd & 3rd floor of the podium will be residential also, or office/commercial?

Old Posted Nov 23, 2022, 8:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
Is there a diagram of the CRU’s? I don’t remember seeing one. Also does anybody know if the 2nd & 3rd floor of the podium will be residential also, or office/commercial?
In the C&W listing, if you click "property flyer" it will show you the diagram. Also in the listing, in the 2nd picture it looks like residential on the 2nd and 3rd floors.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2022, 9:02 PM

Quote:
In the C&W listing, if you click "property flyer" it will show you the diagram. Also in the listing, in the 2nd picture it looks like residential on the 2nd and 3rd floors.
And those units on the corner with the curved balconies look really nice!

Old Posted Nov 23, 2022, 11:41 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
Here you go:

I think that these CRUs could be further subdivided if appropriate, especially the orange one measuring 4,275 sq ft.

It is the blue one (unit 102) that I think would make a good urban format food market.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2022, 12:17 AM

Not sure I saw it across the river but there’s a spire on the first building?

Old Posted Nov 26, 2022, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroy321 View Post
Don't see it on the renders, but that doesn't mean anything. A spire would be very cool indeed!

Old Posted Nov 26, 2022, 1:14 AM

Quote:
Don't see it on the renders, but that doesn't mean anything. A spire would be very cool indeed!
Spires usually add to the building overall height as well. For example One world trade center is 1776 ft. When you include the spire, making it a specific significant number in US history.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2022, 1:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroy321 View Post
Seriously it’s a Christmas tree!

Old Posted Nov 26, 2022, 1:58 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Indeed. And a Merry Christmas to you too sir!

Old Posted Nov 26, 2022, 4:28 PM

Can't miss that Christmas tree on top of the tower. I hope they have it well secured!

Old Posted Dec 3, 2022, 5:29 PM

I drive by this construction site every Saturday morning and always check it out. I've never once seen workers there on a Saturday until this morning. So it seems like they're trying to speed things up. Maybe it's just a push to get as much done as possible before the snow flies, but I thought it was interesting.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces