HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Dec 30, 2021, 2:12 AM

(deleted)

Last edited by SFView; Dec 30, 2021 at 2:18 AM. Reason: Answered my own question

Old Posted Dec 30, 2021, 2:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFView View Post
BTW, is there a thread for 45 Third Street? I don't see it.

https://sfyimby.com/2021/02/renderin...francisco.html
https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho...ight=FRANCISCO

Again, the easiest way to find these threads is to use "Advanced search", put in "SAN FRANCISCO |" as the search terms and highlight either "Proposed" or "construction" sections depending on the stage of the project; then click "search". Sometimes, however, the names of projects change or there's some other issue that makes it confusing. In this case, what you term "45 Third St" is actually at the current addresses 45-53 Third and that's how I named the thread because I try to be as inclusive of addresses as possible in case somebody later decides to call it, for example, "53 Third".

Last edited by Pedestrian; Dec 30, 2021 at 7:41 AM.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2021, 4:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho...ight=FRANCISCO

Again, the easiest way to find these threads is to use "Advanced search", put in "SAN FRANCISCO|" as the search terms and highlight either "Proposed" or "construction" sections depending on the stage of the project; then click "search". Sometimes, however, the names of projects change or there's some other issue that makes it confusing. In this case, what you term "45 Third St" is actually at the current addresses 45-53 Third and that's how I named the thread because I try to be as inclusive of addresses as possible in case somebody later decides to call it, for example, "53 Third".
Ha, you were sure quick! I found the thread just a couple minutes after I posted my question and then after deleted it. Thanks for your help anyway, and keep up your great work here on the forums - but I don't have to tell you that. You do it anyway.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2021, 7:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFView View Post
Ha, you were sure quick! I found the thread just a couple minutes after I posted my question and then after deleted it. Thanks for your help anyway, and keep up your great work here on the forums - but I don't have to tell you that. You do it anyway.
Thanks . . . I feel like a hog starting threads. Please: Anyone who comes across a new proposal that fits the forum rules (120 ft or taller), start a thread for it. Just be sure to use the standard format (look at existing threads for that) and also be sure to check that there isn't already a thread for it by searching for one. At least 2 or 3 times I've goofed and started threads for projects that already had one and had to beg a mod to combine the new and old ones.

Again, the reason it's good to give projects their own thread is who's going to be able to find your post on a particular project in the "comprehensive" thread 6 months or a year from now when it's buried many pages deep?

Old Posted Jan 3, 2022, 6:20 PM

Pretty disappointed that the Central Subway System isn't going to be ready until Fall 2022...

Old Posted Jan 3, 2022, 6:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillynova View Post
Pretty disappointed that the Central Subway System isn't going to be ready until Fall 2022...

The installation of 3.2 miles of incorrect track did not help the timeline.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2022, 3:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theskysthelimit View Post
The installation of 3.2 miles of incorrect track did not help the timeline.
At the time, they said it would delay things by about a month and could push the opening back into 2020.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2022, 8:51 PM

New thread: 921 O'Farrell | 140 FT |14 FL

https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho...47#post9495347

Old Posted Jan 6, 2022, 10:31 PM
Environmental Sabotage

Quote:
I am equally annoyed that it doesn't have a stop at North Beach and ends in Chinatown.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2022, 7:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dktshb View Post
I am equally annoyed that it doesn't have a stop at North Beach and ends in Chinatown.
They are already actively studying extending it at least as far as Washington Square but probably further:

https://www.sfmta.com/projects/central-subway-extension

That would be "Phase III".

Old Posted Jan 7, 2022, 7:52 AM

Still years from now unfortunately

Old Posted Jan 10, 2022, 8:01 PM

Quote:
Chestnut Street Development Further Refined, Closer to Reality
January 3, 2022

. . . plans to level the long-standing Wells Fargo branch building at 2055 Chestnut Street and redevelop its Marina District parcel, which stretches from Chestnut to Lombard, were in the works and subsequently rendered.

Since refined by Jensen Architects for the Prado Group, as newly rendered below, the proposed 40-foot-tall building to rise across the site would yield a total of 49 apartments (a mix of 34 one-bedrooms, 8 twos and 7 threes) over 36,700 square feet of new retail space (including 14,000 square feet of basement space for a potential grocery store tenant) and a basement garage with its entrance on Lombard and 20 parking spaces to serve the retailers and no off-street parking for the development’s residents (save a ground floor storage room for 52 bikes).

And having just been cleared from having to complete a resource-intensive environmental review, the proposed infill development could soon be approved. That being said, permits for the project have yet to be requested, much less approved, and Wells Fargo has yet to move down the block to 2100 Chestnut Street. We’ll keep you posted and plugged-in.

https://socketsite.com/archives/2022...o-reality.html

Old Posted Jan 10, 2022, 8:05 PM

Quote:
Plans for Modern Nob Hill Infill Project Progress
January 3, 2022

A formal application to entitle the development of a modern 7-story, 24-unit building upon the Nob Hill parcel currently occupied by two single-family homes, two apartments and the Twin’s Armoire building, a parcel which spans 842-860 California Street and back to 119 Joice, has been submitted to Planning.

The development as proposed would now yield 22 market-rate condominiums and 2 market-rate rental units, with a total of 10 one-bedrooms, 12 twos and 2 threes; a basement garage for 8 cars and 26 bikes; and a rooftop terrace with built-in seating, a communal fire pit and an outdoor kitchen/grill with sweeping city views for the building’s residents.

. . . Planning’s preliminary review of the proposed project didn’t raise any red flags but did result in a request that the proposed building’s ground floors be redesigned to yield “a better relationship between the eastern elevation of the building and the pedestrian environment” along Joice and “visual relief” from the blank walls as rendered. But expect some pushback from the University Club up the hill which currently overlooks the site.

https://socketsite.com/archives/2022...-progress.html

Old Posted Jan 10, 2022, 8:16 PM
你的媽媽

Thumbs up

^ Excellently scaled infill.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2022, 8:41 PM
Show me the blueprints

Quote:
Still years from now unfortunately
And even more frustrating when they had the TBM right there in the ground. Had they planned for the future expansion and had funding to at least bore the tunnel they could have just kept going. But that would make too much sense.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Jan 11, 2022, 7:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
And even more frustrating when they had the TBM right there in the ground. Had they planned for the future expansion and had funding to at least bore the tunnel they could have just kept going. But that would make too much sense.
Wasn't the majority of the reasoning against going further political? I feel like it's always the city saying something like "we hadn't considered that" and/or "we need to study it more" and neighborhood groups arguing about ruining character, etc.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2022, 8:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyMucho View Post
Wasn't the majority of the reasoning against going further political? I feel like it's always the city saying something like "we hadn't considered that" and/or "we need to study it more" and neighborhood groups arguing about ruining character, etc.
Like all things in this city, the Central Subway project is a muddle of politics, poor project planning and uncertain funding, Part of the subway route/station locations is due to political pressure from the late Rose Pak. Once the first leg was determined, SFMTA did start preliminary planning for an extension. Part of that was due to the fact the TBM would already be in place. But the next route path would require public iinput, per city policy, and until that was affirmed, there could be no soil/geologic studies that were needed to estimate costs (and it was going to involve a lot of poor subsoil/mud challenges.
Unfortunately, public comment time periods can take much longer than the city could afford to keep the TBMs.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2022, 8:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyMucho View Post
There was never any thought to extend the line underground so removing the boring machines made little difference. Regardless, they weren't needed.

There wasn't any political opposition. What was political was that the subway was built in the first place connecting Chinatown to downtown and SOMA rather than a grade-separated line out Geary Blvd. When the Embarcadero Freeway came down after 1989, Chinatown interests including Rose Park insisted that left Chinatown isolated and would severely harm business there so the Muni Metro line to Chinatown, which needed to be a subway under downtown, was given priority over other projects under consideration, especially a Geary subway (underground probably as far as Japantown, then with a dedicated median lane like the Van Ness BRT but still rail).

In other words, the politics was to connect Chinatown and that was accomplished by the line as it has so far been built. There was not equal urgency seen to go farther toward North Beach or the Marina but it was always foreseen that the line could eventually be extended to those neighborhoods on the surface (like the J on Church, for example).

Old Posted Jan 12, 2022, 6:37 PM

Right, I was referring to the extension rather than the initial Central Subway plan itself—politics, money, etc being the inhibitors vs desire.

No doubt we'll get a Central Subway extension and likely some kind of Geary line someday, but can't imagine it'll happen for decades, unfortunately.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2022, 7:11 PM

Quote:
Illustration Revealed For Amazon At 900 7th Street, San Francisco
BY: ANDREW NELSON 5:30 AM ON JANUARY 13, 2022

New illustrations have been published for the massive Amazon logistics facility planned for 900 7th Street in Mission Bay, San Francisco. The rendering shows an imposing four-story warehouse, with landscaping wrapped around to improve the sidewalks. Amazon.com Services LLC is listed as the property owner.

The 68-foot tall structure will yield 817,000 square feet, with 650,000 square feet of protected floor space and a fourth-floor rooftop with accessory parking, greenery, and a conditioned area for solar panels. Parking will be included for 395 vehicles and 56 bicycles. Retail space is being proposed by the corner park, with 2,500 square feet and street frontage along 7th Street.

MG2 is the project architect . . . . Facade materials will include masonry brick, corrugated metal, flat metal panels, curtain-wall glass, and wire mesh. A public park will be created at the corner of Berry and 7th Street.

Langan is the civil engineer, and KPFF is the structural engineer. The construction cost is estimated to be $125 million, while the total development costs could be much more significant . . . .

Amazon purchased 900 7th Street from Recology for $202 million in mid-December 2020. The move quashed previous plans for Recology to develop a 1.2 million square foot mixed-use development. The master plan was designed by Skidmore, Owings & Merrill, with two towers overlooking the mid-density infill. The canceled plans would have added between 470 and 550 new apartments to the housing market along with around half a million square feet for offices or life sciences, a public open space, and 200-275,000 square feet for PDR.

https://sfyimby.com/2022/01/illustra...francisco.html

Well, I'm no more inspired by it than I am by the typical Walmart in the suburbs. But I use Amazon a lot and having a "logistics facility" in the city will make their same-day delivery a lot more reliable and that's a plus. It's in the best place for it too, near a rail line and freeways and amidst other industrial buildings. So all in all, it's one of those things you need in a city even though they don't excite you.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations