HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Midwest

Old Posted Feb 3, 2021, 10:16 PM
The City

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIGSEGV View Post
The initial vaccination numbers were pretty bad, but it's trending up:
https://www.chicagotribune.com/coron...~5~6~art%20yes

Surprised to see Lake County doing so relatively poorly here.
We're doing worse than Chicago because I think Chicago is handling its own vaccine roll out, whereas everywhere else is managed by the State.

Chicago seems to have its act together way better then Pritzker and crew in regards to vaccination.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4W...lUKB1w8ED5bV2Q

Old Posted Feb 4, 2021, 3:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the urban politician View Post
We're doing worse than Chicago because I think Chicago is handling its own vaccine roll out, whereas everywhere else is managed by the State.

Chicago seems to have its act together way better then Pritzker and crew in regards to vaccination.
Haven't followed this closely, but it does seem IL prioritized continuing the first phase longer whereas some states pushed into the second phase. IL may also be doing more holding back of second doses which some states are not. The percentage of people receiving the second dose is closer to the national average.

Criticism of the federal partnership for nursing homes has been widespread, not only from Pritzker

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cvs-wal...nursing-homes/

Has IL been affected even worse? I don't know. But when things aren't going right, that is an opportunity for leaders to step up.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2021, 4:02 AM
He/his/him. >~<, QED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKChaz View Post
Haven't followed this closely, but it does seem IL prioritized continuing the first phase longer whereas some states pushed into the second phase. IL may also be doing more holding back of second doses which some states are not. The percentage of people receiving the second dose is closer to the national average.

Criticism of the federal partnership for nursing homes has been widespread, not only from Pritzker

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cvs-wal...nursing-homes/

Has IL been affected even worse? I don't know. But when things aren't going right, that is an opportunity for leaders to step up.
As percentage of doses used, Illinois is closer to the national average than in fraction of population with at least one dose, so I'm not sure that's evidence for IL holding on to more second doses than others.

Looking at the Illinois map, it almost looks like downstate counties are being prioritized, although perhaps they have an older average age.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2021, 5:23 AM

Quote:
As percentage of doses used, Illinois is closer to the national average than in fraction of population with at least one dose, so I'm not sure that's evidence for IL holding on to more second doses than others.

Looking at the Illinois map, it almost looks like downstate counties are being prioritized, although perhaps they have an older average age.
I could be wrong but I believe some states have been especially aggressive about not holding back while others are mixed. It isn't always at the discretion of the state as providers may be holding back on their own.

"Biden official says some doctors are holding back needed Covid vaccine doses as a reserve for second shots"
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/01/covi...a-reserve.html

Old Posted Feb 6, 2021, 2:37 PM
The City

Illinois continues to be performing relatively poorly compared to other States at vaccine rollout:

https://www.chicagotribune.com/coron...htmlstory.html

And Governor Putzhead keeps pointing the fingers

Old Posted Feb 18, 2021, 3:46 PM

Madigan resigning?

Old Posted Feb 18, 2021, 4:34 PM

HE GONE!! Finally!

Old Posted Feb 18, 2021, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOgc View Post
Madigan resigning?
Mike Madigan, longtime IL House speaker and representative, announces resignation after 50 years in post
https://abc7chicago.com/politics/mad...ears/10350577/

Old Posted Feb 19, 2021, 5:29 PM
Plenary pleasures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy34 View Post
Mike Madigan, longtime IL House speaker and representative, announces resignation after 50 years in post
https://abc7chicago.com/politics/mad...ears/10350577/
Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah!!!!

Old Posted May 11, 2021, 10:16 PM
Small but Mighty

Rahm's the new ambassador to Japan. Lmao

Old Posted May 11, 2021, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonsai Tree View Post
Rahm's the new ambassador to Japan. Lmao
Better than a leftist acolyte of AOC or Bernie. It would be pretty weird having a woke ambassador telling Japan how racist it is.

Old Posted May 12, 2021, 3:18 AM
He/his/him. >~<, QED!

Maybe he can open a Rahmen shop.

Old Posted May 12, 2021, 3:53 AM
1st Ward

Quote:
Maybe he can open a Rahmen shop.

Give this man the $10,000

Old Posted May 12, 2021, 3:32 PM
BANNED

Well we can expect Japanese companies to expand into Chicago now.
That's what he's best at. The best Chicago booster evar!

Old Posted May 13, 2021, 1:49 AM
1st Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnk View Post
Well we can expect Japanese companies to expand into Chicago now.
That's what he's best at. The best Chicago booster evar!
Wouldn't be a bad perk if he was able to convince a few to open up/expand their presence in the city!

Old Posted Jul 2, 2021, 5:32 PM

Lol Alderman Carrie Austin indicted for forcing contractors to give her favors in exchange for permits, etc...

Send them all to jail!

Reddit.com/r/REbubble

Old Posted Jul 7, 2021, 3:28 PM
BANNED

I was downtown July 5th

It was the most littered I have ever seen it. I was embarrassed for my guest. Is this a Lightfoot plan. Leave the DT as a mess so the no go areas look better?

Can't even Ride the CTA

Another black eye nationally for Chicago.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2...t-gun-violence

U. of C. student dies days after being struck by stray bullet on Green Line: ‘He was a ball of light’

Chicago Sun Times ^ | July 5, 2021| Mitchell Armentrout

U. of C. student dies days after being struck by stray bullet on Green Line: ‘He was a ball of light’ July 5, 2021 Denver native Max Lewis died days after he was shot on an L train. Friends remembered him as an outgoing and welcoming presence. Max Lewis didn’t have to make the trek downtown. The affable 20-year-old University of Chicago junior had the option to work from home for the competitive internship he’d landed at a Loop investment firm, but he “loved getting to know as many people as he could,” according to his best friend. “He loved the grind,” Zach Cogan said of his classmate and fraternity brother. Lewis was commuting home during rush hour Thursday when a bullet pierced the window of his train at the 51st Street Green Line station and entered his neck. He died at a hospital Sunday morning. Police say he wasn’t the intended target. Investigators have yet to provide a possible description of the shooter. It’s not even clear which direction the gunfire came from.

The Denver-area native was studying economics and computer science. He graduated in 2019 from the Kent Denver School, a prestigious private school. His 12th grade physics teacher, Dr. Rand Harrington, said in an email “he grew into an exceptional scholar full of good humor, curiosity, drive and a deep passion for technology.”

“This happens all the time in Chicago,” Cogan said. “It needs to end.”

Old Posted Jul 7, 2021, 6:20 PM
BANNED

Well I found out why DT was trashed the morning of the 5th

Youths took over down town that night and caused their intended damage.

We need the National guard out the rest of the summer to protect the down town until we get a new DA and Mayor. How was the Cook County DA re elected with all of her Smollet scandal and revolving door jail.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/c...gjm-story.html

Chicago police Superintendent David Brown again takes swipe at court system as he addresses holiday weekend violence, but chief judge defends bail reform

By Jeremy Gorner and Gregory Pratt

Chicago Tribune |

Jul 06, 2021 at 6:47 PM

After at least 108 people were shot — 17 fatally — during the extended holiday weekend, Chicago police Superintendent David Brown on Tuesday insisted his department did its part in fighting the violence while casting blame once again on Cook County’s judicial system.

“Finger-pointing is your word that you use,” Brown said to the media during a news conference at Chicago police headquarters. “I’m ready to debate about: Do we continue to release violent people in our courts into these communities?”

The message from Brown wasn’t new. In recent times when Chicago has finished an especially violent weekend, he has often complained that what he believes is a too-lenient criminal justice system is putting too many suspects back on the street.

Brown said too many criminal defendants are out on bail and electronic monitoring for serious offenses, even murders.

...problems. Despite implementing departmentwide day-off cancellations and 12-hour shifts, the city still finished with at least 108 people shot.

“We get into this conversation about effectiveness. We can take guns off the street. We can charge people with murder. But again I want to ask you a question in this (media) gallery. How many people think it’s OK to have over 90 people on electronic monitoring that we’ve charged with murder released back to our communities? Just show of hands, who thinks that’s a good idea?” Brown asked, citing Tribune reporting, which, as recently as a May editorial, showed that 94 defendants charged with murder were on electronic monitoring.

When no reporters raised their hands, Brown said, after a brief pause: “For the record, no one raised their hands in the media gallery and thought it was a good idea to release over 90 people”

The courts ... have created an unsafe environment for large crowd gatherings because you’ve released people charged with murder back into these same communities where they committed this heinous crime.”

Young people need to be urged to put down their guns, Lightfoot said. “We have to love them.”

Some in the law enforcement world — including Brown in his comments about Chicago — have blamed a lenient criminal justice system for repeat criminals. Scholars have pointed at lingering effects from last year’s spike, including the pandemic, which exacerbated tensions in already violent neighborhoods.

They’ve also cited the civil unrest, brought upon by the police killing of George Floyd, as possibly having an impact.

….

see also

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2021/7/...own-foxx-evans

Chicago’s top cop blames the courts — again — after one of the most violent Fourth of July weekends in years

Updated Jul 6, 2021, 5:55pm CDT

Meanwhile, Ald. Anthony Beale (9th) called for the deployment of the Illinois National Guard “immediately to get a handle on this city.”

He said the Guard wouldn’t patrol neighborhoods and streets, but instead would “secure the perimeter” around downtown, freeing more police officers to be sent to communities.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2021, 6:50 PM

How about use downtown TIF money to protect downtown with extra police. Not sure what people think can be done. Not like the mayor has unlimited resources and police to move around. They were already on no vacation and 12 hour shifts. Can only do so much. As for K Fox, I have no idea how she was re elected. I usually vote Dem but I did not for her and know many friends like me that did not either. If you used to be able to lock people up for years for a dime bag or some coke, you sure should be able to keep a violent offender in jail....they should not see the light of day for a long time...just like pedophiles.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2021, 8:14 PM
The City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Sky21 View Post
Can only do so much. As for K Fox, I have no idea how she was re elected. I usually vote Dem but I did not for her and know many friends like me that did not either.
^ Couldn't agree more. In Illinois it seems like the worst people keep getting reelected (ie Mike Madigan, Ed Burke) while the good ones leave.

Watch Kim Foxx keep getting reelected over and over for like 30 years....

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Midwest