HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Mar 10, 2024, 8:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvATX View Post
This is all common. Not that I particularly like this building, but it will be clean once it’s completed.
But it is completed. Maybe since the office levels are not occupied, there is no hurry to finish cleaning the windows?

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2024, 11:36 PM

Quote:
This is all common. Not that I particularly like this building, but it will be clean once it’s completed.
I have honestly never seen a building get windows that dirty to where some look like they may need to be replaced. Nothing about that is common, and I've been in a whole lot of cities with skyscrapers being built.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2024, 1:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuresooner View Post
I have honestly never seen a building get windows that dirty to where some look like they may need to be replaced. Nothing about that is common, and I've been in a whole lot of cities with skyscrapers being built.
Where they need to be replaced? Come on now. They just need a litttle washing.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2024, 9:42 PM

Quote:
Where they need to be replaced? Come on now. They just need a litttle washing.

Yeah, at least a dozen windows in this shot have that crap between the panes of glass.

They should've rented out the exterior of the office section for ad space during SXSW like they do on multiple high-rises in San Diego for Comic-Con to at least hide some of this ugliness.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2024, 11:26 PM

The towers gods have spoken and won’t rest until the blue glass is replaced with the silver glass this bldg needed bwahahha

Old Posted Mar 19, 2024, 2:25 PM

@urbannizer or @gillynovadid either of u happen to snap some pics of this lately? I thought I drove by and saw the stains were reappearing after the rain, on the clean windows. But I was also busy dropping taco sauce all over me lol so may be mistaken

Old Posted Mar 19, 2024, 3:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bblasa View Post
@urbannizer or @gillynovadid either of u happen to snap some pics of this lately? I thought I drove by and saw the stains were reappearing after the rain, on the clean windows. But I was also busy dropping taco sauce all over me lol so may be mistaken
It does look like the big stain is coming back, it's noticeable in the center of the cleaned area below the scupper there's new contamination. What a mess!

Old Posted Apr 11, 2024, 6:26 PM

article in the ABJ today mentioned that Facebook was in neg with prospects to sublease.

"To date, Meta has not found a subtenant for the tower that is now done, but a Meta spokesperson recently confirmed that the company has begun sublease negotiations with prospective tenants. It's unknown how far along those negotiations are or how much space may be taken"

my gut says that Elon (my source says he plans to occupy (3 unit 2 story) penthouse-finish out happening now), subleases the office space for X. Maybe change the name of the building back to 6X? I read recently, X plans to hire and locate a new/revamped content moderators who focus on human trafficking.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/musks...3QXm2cTHKKFvUF

Old Posted Apr 11, 2024, 6:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancore View Post
article in the ABJ today mentioned that Facebook was in neg with prospects to sublease.

"To date, Meta has not found a subtenant for the tower that is now done, but a Meta spokesperson recently confirmed that the company has begun sublease negotiations with prospective tenants. It's unknown how far along those negotiations are or how much space may be taken"

my gut says that Elon (my source says he plans to occupy (3 unit 2 story) penthouse-finish out happening now), subleases the office space for X. Maybe change the name of the building back to 6X? I read recently, X plans to hire and locate a new/revamped content moderators who focus on human trafficking.

His brother runs the ground floor restaurant - not that it's related to any other news/rumor.

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2024, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ATX View Post
His brother runs the ground floor restaurant - not that it's related to any other news/rumor.
Trash attracted to trash

Old Posted Apr 12, 2024, 2:34 AM

I feel like comments like that should be avoided on here
We may not all share the same opinions on people
Especially those who are very heavily invested in the city
Might open up a can of worms
Endless worms
An Observation deck thread worthy of endless worms

More importantly Where’s the weekly Wednesday window cleaning check???
I haven’t been by in weeks
I’m on a diet and avoiding my favorite foods over there
But we need the goss

Old Posted Apr 12, 2024, 3:31 AM
Representing the ATX!!!

I honestly disagree, we should be able to voice our displeasure with Elon for the very reason that he has become so pointedly involved with our city. Many of us life long Austinites are not very happy with him and it remains to be seen if Austin is truly benefitted from him moving his companies here or cursed for it... I personally feel that Austin would have been just fine without Tesla. But having said that, I know he is here for better or worse, but I will continue to be critical of his positions and/or policies that I find clash with Austin’s culture.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2024, 4:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawgboy View Post
I honestly disagree, we should be able to voice our displeasure with Elon for the very reason that he has become so pointedly involved with our city. Many of us life long Austinites are not very happy with him and it remains to be seen if Austin is truly benefitted from him moving his companies here or cursed for it... I personally feel that Austin would have been just fine without Tesla. But having said that, I know he is here for better or worse, but I will continue to be critical of his positions and/or policies that I find clash with Austin’s culture.
What displeasure? So far just Giga Texas has brought over $2 billion in economic activity with over 22,000 employed. This does not include his other and supporting companies. He also help promote Austin to attract other businesses to relocate here helping to create a diverse business environment.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2024, 12:09 PM

Agreed I don’t understand the hate
But this is a thread for a building not for Elon
You should make a separate thread and talk about it there

Old Posted Apr 12, 2024, 1:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bblasa View Post
You should make a separate thread and talk about it there
Good luck with that.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2024, 1:17 PM

Isn't Elon Musk's whole thing about free speech on twitter or x or whatever it's called? I'll continue to say what I want as it pertains to the new (dusty and ugly) buildings that have ties to horrible billionaires. I won't even begin to get into why I have distaste for him, but I will say I hope Tesla and SpaceX fully succeed in the longterm...without him.

Truly not trying to bait either, this isn't reddit and not everything has to be responded to. Ignore me and post an unrelated update if you don't like something

Old Posted Apr 12, 2024, 2:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahealy View Post
Isn't Elon Musk's whole thing about free speech on twitter or x or whatever it's called? I'll continue to say what I want as it pertains to the new (dusty and ugly) buildings that have ties to horrible billionaires. I won't even begin to get into why I have distaste for him, but I will say I hope Tesla and SpaceX fully succeed in the longterm...without him.

Truly not trying to bait either, this isn't reddit and not everything has to be responded to. Ignore me and post an unrelated update if you don't like something
Another difference from reddit is that we don't need to experience unsolicited dumb political groupthink spewing out of every poster.

Don't get me wrong Elon is a strange guy and he says some crazy shit, but that's the type of mind that can make electric cars mainstream and privatize space travel. If every human stayed perfectly in their lane we'd be sitting in the dark right now.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2024, 5:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancore View Post

Hopefully this spurs other companies to lease as well. Austin needs the current inventory to get filled so they can start planning for the next wave of construction.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2024, 5:37 PM

Location: Austin -> San Antonio -> Columbia -> San Antonio -> Chicago -> Austin -> Denver
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahealy View Post

Kudos.
SATX: 1435k (+8%) + MSA suburbs: 1124k (+38%) + CSA exurbs: 18k (+11%)
ATX: 962k (+22%) + MSA suburbs: 1322k (+43%)

Old Posted Apr 12, 2024, 6:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX2030 View Post
Hopefully this spurs other companies to lease as well. Austin needs the current inventory to get filled so they can start planning for the next wave of construction.
This is the real bottom line. We should encourage Elon to deploy his companies in this way (sopping up downtown office inventory) rather than building quonset huts out by Bastrop. Honestly, there's probably enough CRE need in his business portfolio to keep Austin afloat for quite a while. Just has to be channeled.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin